HCG powder contaminated?

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
I started on prescription HCG only several months ago so this is just my third bottle - all manufactured by Abraxis (one bottle powder, one bottle sterile water). Anyway I swear that the powder in the first two Abraxis powder bottles I got was a very LOOSE powder. The third one I just got from my pharmacy is like a "cake". The powder is compacted into a tablet-like shape (looks like a small Alka-Seltzer tablet in a bottle). I thought perhaps moisture penetrated the bottle so I took it back to the pharmacy and they said it was fine. They even opened 2 other packages and both had the compacted powder cake-like tablet.
Am I being paranoid or is this fine??

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Its fine... many peptides and things like that get compacted in the bottle. Looks like a little "tablet" at the bottom.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
I started on prescription HCG only several months ago so this is just my third bottle - all manufactured by Abraxis (one bottle powder, one bottle sterile water). Anyway I swear that the powder in the first two Abraxis powder bottles I got was a very LOOSE powder. The third one I just got from my pharmacy is like a "cake". The powder is compacted into a tablet-like shape (looks like a small Alka-Seltzer tablet in a bottle). I thought perhaps moisture penetrated the bottle so I took it back to the pharmacy and they said it was fine. They even opened 2 other packages and both had the compacted powder cake-like tablet.
Am I being paranoid or is this fine??
Thanks for the thread though, Gator.

I use Abraxis and my first vial was the loose powder of which you speak.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the input guys.
Well I went ahead and mixed it and it looks clear so I'll assume it's fine. The only thing the pharmacist warned me about was if the solution ever turned cloudy then I should discard. My dosage would allow me to keep a bottle close to 6 weeks (package says discard after 60 days) but I get a new script every 30 days as I've read here that some have concerns of potency after a month.
I still find it weird that some bottles are loose powder and some are hard "tablets".

living2die

living2die

Awards
1 in every about 5 ampules of 5000IU strength Pregnyl HCG is receive tends to display this same phenomenon that you describe...except the 1 out of ever 5 is loose powder, and the other four are cakes. I dont think it really matters though...i mixed up the loose powder amp and so far have experienced the potency and subjectitve effects which HCG is renowned for.

anyone else here have any evidence of compromising of the HCG peptide in either cake or loose powder form?

Thanks for the input guys.
Well I went ahead and mixed it and it looks clear so I'll assume it's fine. The only thing the pharmacist warned me about was if the solution ever turned cloudy then I should discard. My dosage would allow me to keep a bottle close to 6 weeks (package says discard after 60 days) but I get a new script every 30 days as I've read here that some have concerns of potency after a month.
I still find it weird that some bottles are loose powder and some are hard "tablets".

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
not to hikack, but how much is Abraxis? ive been trying to get novarel and pregnyl but the pharmacy says there is a national backorder on HCG.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
not to hikack, but how much is Abraxis? ive been trying to get novarel and pregnyl but the pharmacy says there is a national backorder on HCG.
I experienced the same thing, I understand it's because of the HCG weightloss craze. Abraxis is usually cheapest of the three.

When my pharmacy ran out I found that pregnyl was easy to get. Just google and make sure you have valid prescription though if you use the net it's out-of-pocket. I just use that option when my pharmacy runs out. Thanks Kevin Trudeau.

living2die

living2die

Awards
OldGator,
Did you notice that your Pregnyl HCG wafer became slightly broken up during the shipping phase? This occurrence doesn't effect potency does it? In the pharmacy when you received your Abraxis, both hcg amps your received, ragardless of the wafer being solid or slightly broken up didnt effect potency right?

I experienced the same thing, I understand it's because of the HCG weightloss craze. Abraxis is usually cheapest of the three.

When my pharmacy ran out I found that pregnyl was easy to get. Just google and make sure you have valid prescription though if you use the net it's out-of-pocket. I just use that option when my pharmacy runs out. Thanks Kevin Trudeau.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
OldGator,
Did you notice that your Pregnyl HCG wafer became slightly broken up during the shipping phase? This occurrence doesn't effect potency does it? In the pharmacy when you received your Abraxis, both hcg amps your received, ragardless of the wafer being solid or slightly broken up didnt effect potency right?
No. I asked the pharmacy and they said the "caking" of the hcg does not affect potency and actually happens fairly frequently.

Shootist

Shootist

Awards
No. I asked the pharmacy and they said the "caking" of the hcg does not affect potency and actually happens fairly frequently.
Every bottle I've mixed up had the wafer in the bottom. This includes Abraxis, Hucog and Novarel. Maybe if the bottle was bounced around a good bit the wafer could have been broken up to a powder.

living2die

living2die

Awards
I have used Pregnyl and Hucog. The Hucog and Pregnyl HCG come in an amp(Pregnyl) and vial(Hucog), both of which have HCG in wafer form.

4/5 amps of Pregnyl HCG that I order from int'l sources are in a solid wafer, however, 1/5 have a broken up wafer, with slight loose powder located at bottom of amp. I am very paranoid when this occurs, because I know the HCG molecule is so fragile, but have found that the potency doesn't suffer (hopefully).

I have been reassured by others that this is ok, and shouldn't compromise the potency of the HCG when the wafer is slightly crumbled into smaller sections.

It would be great to get some feedback from others on here who have experienced this as well, or feedback from a chemistry whiz, who could explain whether or not the HCG within the wafer is destroyed when it becomes broken down into smaller chunks?!?

Every bottle I've mixed up had the wafer in the bottom. This includes Abraxis, Hucog and Novarel. Maybe if the bottle was bounced around a good bit the wafer could have been broken up to a powder.