Subcutaneous Testosterone Injection Question - AnabolicMinds.com

Subcutaneous Testosterone Injection Question

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Zero Tolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,328
    Rep Power
    787

    Reputation

    Subcutaneous Testosterone Injection Question


    Hey guys.. I've been seeing more discussions about this topic lately. If you remember - last year - me and a few guys experimented with this for a very short time - and were basically talked out of doing it.

    Has anything changed since then? Have sub-q test injections gained any new ground over the past 6 months or so? Or is this just more experimentation?

    Thanks...

  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance View Post
    Hey guys.. I've been seeing more discussions about this topic lately. If you remember - last year - me and a few guys experimented with this for a very short time - and were basically talked out of doing it.

    Has anything changed since then? Have sub-q test injections gained any new ground over the past 6 months or so? Or is this just more experimentation?

    Thanks...
    In June 19/07 I started my subq T & hcg using
    BA- 31ga 5/16" long needle 3/10cc syringe
    for either shot.

    use 6" around navel for shots.
    Newer had any problems, infections or anything.
    Blood test shows TT as expected.
    Estrodial as expected.
    DHT as expected (on top of range)
    I like the way it is.
    Not going to change.
    Overall rather skinny but I have a pound or two of fat around navel.
    5'9" 165#
    --------------------------

    If someone have a paper thin skin in navel area, that is no fat whatsoever there,
    the shot would then have to become under skin shot.
    I would not shoot straight thru the stomach.

    In that case I would rather switch to outside thigh area,
    the skin is always paper thin there, but I would shoot straight 90 degrees, so the needle would go (tiny bit) into muscle.
    Or upper outside quadrant of a buttock, straight no angles.
  3. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    671

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance View Post
    Hey guys.. I've been seeing more discussions about this topic lately. If you remember - last year - me and a few guys experimented with this for a very short time - and were basically talked out of doing it.

    Has anything changed since then? Have sub-q test injections gained any new ground over the past 6 months or so? Or is this just more experimentation?

    Thanks...
    1: Saudi Med J. 2006 Dec;27(12):1843-6.Links
    Subcutaneous administration of testosterone. A pilot study report.
    Al-Futaisi AM, Al-Zakwani IS, Almahrezi AM, Morris D.

    Department of Medicine, College of Medicine & Health Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman. alfutaisi@squ.edu.om

    OBJECTIVE: To investigate the effect of low doses of subcutaneous testosterone in hypogonadal men since the intramuscular route, which is the most widely used form of testosterone replacement therapy, is inconvenient to many patients. METHODS: All men with primary and secondary hypogonadism attending the reproductive endocrine clinic at Royal Victoria Hospital, Monteral, Quebec, Canada, were invited to participate in the study. Subjects were enrolled from January 2002 till December 2002. Patients were asked to self-administer weekly low doses of testosterone enanthate using 0.5 ml insulin syringe. RESULTS: A total of 22 patients were enrolled in the study. The mean trough was 14.48 +/- 3.14 nmol/L and peak total testosterone was 21.65 +/- 7.32 nmol/L. For the free testosterone the average trough was 59.94 +/- 20.60 pmol/L and the peak was 85.17 +/- 32.88 pmol/L. All of the patients delivered testosterone with ease and no local reactions were reported. CONCLUSION: Therapy with weekly subcutaneous testosterone produced serum levels that were within the normal range in 100% of patients for both peak and trough levels. This is the first report, which demonstrated the efficacy of delivering weekly testosterone using this cheap, safe, and less painful subcutaneous route.

    PMID: 17143361 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Zero Tolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,328
    Rep Power
    787

    Reputation

    So this is pretty good news.. I'm plenty content with IM injections but I'm not fond of the idea of running short on luck and ending up with an abscess and having a muscle cut-open 5 inches deep to drain it. HRT is something you do forever and I feel the chances of a major problem like this are much lower over the course of a lifetime with SubQ injections.

    My doctor isn't a believer (yet) of SubQ - so I'm going to just go along with this and see what he says at my next blood test. Now does anyone know HOW MUCH is the max that can be injected SubQ on a daily or every other day basis? I'm guessing that my results won't be as good as IM unless I increase the dose a little bit.. How much CAN be absorbed this way?

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance...
  5. New Member
    MarkLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    191

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance View Post
    So this is pretty good news.. I'm plenty content with IM injections but I'm not fond of the idea of running short on luck and ending up with an abscess and having a muscle cut-open 5 inches deep to drain it. HRT is something you do forever and I feel the chances of a major problem like this are much lower over the course of a lifetime with SubQ injections.

    My doctor isn't a believer (yet) of SubQ - so I'm going to just go along with this and see what he says at my next blood test. Now does anyone know HOW MUCH is the max that can be injected SubQ on a daily or every other day basis? I'm guessing that my results won't be as good as IM unless I increase the dose a little bit.. How much CAN be absorbed this way?
    I'd question both assumptions... I don't see why dosage would need to change. You're still getting x mg of test into your system.

    I'm also not sure on whether SubQ is safer. I'd like to hear more on this. Obviously muscle is a deeper injection, but do people really have the same number of infections with muscle vs. Subq?

    Mark
  6. New Member
    babyblu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    474
    Rep Power
    334

    Reputation

    I dont buy into SubQ as safer either. Most abscesses and problems with IM shots are based on:

    1. infection from sanitation issue where a foreign agent is introduced into the body via the IM injection

    2. the viscosity of the oil or the solvent used in the oil

    Both of these problems can occur with SubQ method of injection. People can get abscesses and infections from a SubQ shot if they do not use proper sanitary precautions. I specifically had a problem when I did not inject deeply enough into the muscle (I think the oil leaked out) and it led to what looked like an abscess right under the skin. Eventually with lots of heating pad time, the oil absorbed and the bruising went away.

    But in my opinion, an abscess is MORE likely to occur with a SubQ shot of Test b/c the viscosity of the oil makes it ill-suited for that method of absorption.

    bb
  7. Registered User
    Zero Tolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,328
    Rep Power
    787

    Reputation

    In regards to abscesses, I'd prefer to have one just under my skin (easy removal) as opposed to having one deep within a muscle. Especially in a glute, as I sit down most of the day while working (and then of course, most of the night while relaxing).

    I also feel that if you need to cut open a muscle to remove an abscess, you'll be out of the gym a lot longer than if one needs to be removed just beneath the skin.
  8. New Member
    babyblu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    474
    Rep Power
    334

    Reputation

    That is a good point and I agree 100% that the severity of the abscess would by hypothetically less, however I also believe that hypothetically that the incidence of abscesses and infections would be higher using SubQ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance View Post
    In regards to abscesses, I'd prefer to have one just under my skin (easy removal) as opposed to having one deep within a muscle. Especially in a glute, as I sit down most of the day while working (and then of course, most of the night while relaxing).

    I also feel that if you need to cut open a muscle to remove an abscess, you'll be out of the gym a lot longer than if one needs to be removed just beneath the skin.
  9. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance View Post
    So this is pretty good news.. I'm plenty content with IM injections but I'm not fond of the idea of running short on luck and ending up with an abscess and having a muscle cut-open 5 inches deep to drain it. HRT is something you do forever and I feel the chances of a major problem like this are much lower over the course of a lifetime with SubQ injections.

    My doctor isn't a believer (yet) of SubQ - so I'm going to just go along with this and see what he says at my next blood test. Now does anyone know HOW MUCH is the max that can be injected SubQ on a daily or every other day basis? I'm guessing that my results won't be as good as IM unless I increase the dose a little bit.. How much CAN be absorbed this way?

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance...
    I would turn around this question.
    I want to inject only as much as neccessary to keep my
    BAT ~575

    I do E2D shots and test on the day of the shot, blood drawn before the shot.

    For long time user, gage size of a T shot using Quest Diagnostic test:

    Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
    Quest Diagnostics: Test Menu

    For someone just starting I would use good approximation for initial dose, using SHBG level.
    Table on my post #40 here:
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007

    for example someone with
    SHBG=24.5

    150 1058 24.5 300 x35.6 250

    would use 150mg/week
    that dose have to be splitted to E2D schedule

    say using 200mg/mL test

    150/7*2/200=0.214285

    he would use

    BD 31ga 5/16" long needle 3/10cc insuline syringe
    and draw 21.5 units
    --------------------------
    Using this syringe and E2D schedule one can get max dosing of

    (3/10)*7/2*200=210 mg/week

    he would have to have SHBG=48 or in vicinity
    to justify this dose

    210 1397 xx48 300 x61.5 250
  10. New Member
    Bungloid48's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    130

    Reputation

    My endo conducted the study quoted on top. Since then they have had all their patients on Sub-Q in quebec. It is the new standard. I've been doing it for a couple of months myself and other than a bit of itching a a tiny bump that lasts for a week or so, there are no problems. It is deeeeefinetly safer than IM by a long shot. It's also completetly painless.
  11. Registered User
    Zero Tolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,328
    Rep Power
    787

    Reputation

    Thank you for the reply. I remember with my experiment last year that I had the same results - just no bump. The area was a little pink and itchy for a couple of days. No big deal. This SubQ method is really going to bring TRT into the mainstream... 99.9% of the people don't like the looks of inch and a half needles - nor do they have what it takes to stick it into themselves..

    Quote Originally Posted by Bungloid48 View Post
    My endo conducted the study quoted on top. Since then they have had all their patients on Sub-Q in quebec. It is the new standard. I've been doing it for a couple of months myself and other than a bit of itching a a tiny bump that lasts for a week or so, there are no problems. It is deeeeefinetly safer than IM by a long shot. It's also completetly painless.
  12. New Member
    Bungloid48's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    130

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I remember with my experiment last year that I had the same results - just no bump. The area was a little pink and itchy for a couple of days. No big deal. This SubQ method is really going to bring TRT into the mainstream... 99.9% of the people don't like the looks of inch and a half needles - nor do they have what it takes to stick it into themselves..
    I agree completely. Unfortunately in some circles (especialling BBing) it is frown upon and laughed at. Oh well. Their loss.
  13. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    371

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance View Post
    I remember with my experiment last year that I had the same results - just no bump. The area was a little pink and itchy for a couple of days. No big deal.
    Same happens to me with hCG sub q navel injects. A small, pink bump at injection site, no big deal.

    I think sub-q will be the future of TRT.
  14. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    Same happens to me with hCG sub q navel injects. A small, pink bump at injection site, no big deal.

    I think sub-q will be the future of TRT.
    Not only TRT.

    Last Friday I got B12 injection at doc's office.
    He whipped humungous syringe, probably 25Ga 1.5" needle.
    I am not saying that the shot hurt, it did not.

    But that was cyano-cobalamin.
    I want methyl-cobalamin.
    Today it arrived from compouning pharmacy.
    I used 30Ga 1/2" long needle 1cc syringe.
    Used my trusty pincushion, around navel.
    Went like a charm.

    Hate to stick nails into my body, if I do not have to.

    Methyl-cobalamin have to be kept cold, shelf life 30 days.
    2- 5mL vials $55 + $19 shipping (in a cooler with ice).

    I will have to check my local compounding pharmacy,
    possibly I could save at least on shipping.
  15. New Member
    muslhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    167

    Reputation

    Alright, against my better judgement I will use Subq for my next shot rather than IM.
    If I die, who should my heirs send the police to see? :-)

    MH
  16. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77389

    Reputation Reputation

    Bumping up something old.

    My buddy started prop and he went subq. He used a regular slin pin. He pushed 100 IU (1 ml) and said he has a bump around the injection the next morning. (which will go away I assume)

    I will report back to let you guys know.
  17. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Bumping up something old.

    My buddy started prop and he went subq. He used a regular slin pin. He pushed 100 IU (1 ml) and said he has a bump around the injection the next morning. (which will go away I assume)

    I will report back to let you guys know.
    It will; tell him the dissipation may take several days, but it will most definitely do so. In the future, if such bumps worry him (psychologically) tell him to forego an entire ML in one spot, and rotate (within the navel).
  18. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77389

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    It will; tell him the dissipation may take several days, but it will most definitely do so. In the future, if such bumps worry him (psychologically) tell him to forego an entire ML in one spot, and rotate (within the navel).
    He used 3 different spots for the whole ml. He says he had a tough time sitting in his car, he pinned yest. lol.

    Could this make the prop last longer then?

    Maybe I couls suggest him pinning 50 IU ED instead of doing EOD at 1ml (which is too much for 1 injection site subQ)

    Am I heading in the right direction here?
  19. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    He used 3 different spots for the whole ml. He says he had a tough time sitting in his car, he pinned yest. lol.

    Could this make the prop last longer then?

    Maybe I couls suggest him pinning 50 IU ED instead of doing EOD at 1ml (which is too much for 1 injection site subQ)

    Am I heading in the right direction here?
    He could do ED, which would invariably be better for his serum level stability anyway; that being said, he may not appreciate being a human pincushion.

    Another option is rotating with Insulin Needles and 25ga 5/8" needles, which are also incredibly small but used for IM.
  20. New Member
    crazilyfter42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    202

    Reputation

    For those of you who have done this, where else did you inject besides the area around the naval? Are there any other areas that are acceptable? I would think the slower absorbtion of the oil would force you to rotate sites frequently. I would also think a better choice would be E or C instead of P b/c of the higher mg per ml concentration.
  21. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77389

    Reputation Reputation

    Looks like prop is a bad idea. The 3 pink spots are still there. Less apparent, but there anyways. IM is the way to go for this one..
  22. New Member
    brentf13's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    96

    Reputation

    I've been injecting T cyp subQ for months. I use a 29g 1/2 and inject subQ at a 45 degree angle so there isn't any leakage. I inject every three days .27ml and my TT was 872 on injection day prior to the injection. It works fine and no pain. I inject in the outer thighs. Pinch an inch of skin, inject, remove needle, and then release the skin.
  23. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77389

    Reputation Reputation

    Interesting, but 1 ml EOD is impossible with prop.. The lumps are still apparent, and not really elegant....
  24. New Member
    brentf13's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    96

    Reputation

    Never tried that. I will say that any more than .5ml subQ will be a little uncomfortable. T cyp seems to work fine subQ in small doses. I'm just using it for TRT so my doses are never very high. I have no idea where the belly fat idea came from. It' a lot more comfortable in thigh skin. The bump goes away in about 10 minutes.
  25. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    for the safeness factor that was being discussed almost a year ago, just thought Id throw out there since I didnt see it..... your less likely to pin into a vein and have oil in your lungs if your pinning into a pinched layer of fat opposed to muscle that you cant even really see.
  26. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Interesting, but 1 ml EOD is impossible with prop.. The lumps are still apparent, and not really elegant....
    1ml EOD
    that is 200mg EOD

    even as average weekly dose 200mg is rather large.

    Consider keeping your FreeT~300

    you would need 1/4 of that dose or less.

    No lumps.
  27. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136023

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    1ml EOD
    that is 200mg EOD

    even as average weekly dose 200mg is rather large.

    Consider keeping your FreeT~300

    you would need 1/4 of that dose or less.

    No lumps.
    I am sure the guy he is talking about is on a "cycle", and not administering TRT.
  28. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77389

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    1ml EOD
    that is 200mg EOD

    even as average weekly dose 200mg is rather large.

    Consider keeping your FreeT~300

    you would need 1/4 of that dose or less.

    No lumps.
    Yeah, problem is: This is an actual "cycle". And 1 ml EOD is necessary. (or .5 ml ED)After 3 days, there are still 3 lumps. Less apparent, but still there. Even .5 ml ED would be impossible. People would think you're allergic to bees..
  29. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Yeah, problem is: This is an actual "cycle". And 1 ml EOD is necessary. (or .5 ml ED)After 3 days, there are still 3 lumps. Less apparent, but still there. Even .5 ml ED would be impossible. People would think you're allergic to bees..
    I no nothing about cycles.

    But every two days I do 3 injections.
    day#1- Tshot
    day#2- HCG & B12

    so if I had to deal with 1cc/EOD or 0.5cc every day
    I would choose every day.

    well, pick one of these needles, below;

    Also, you do not have to do "official" subQ (angled) shots, shoot them straight, (90 degree angle), that should prevent lumps.
    You can shoot your usual
    thighs, delts or glutes.
    Skip area around navel, I found that it gets lumpy for a few hours, sometimes, but it is area wher I have to go slanted, I would be afraid to go straight thru over there.


    http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant....Category_Code=
    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $25.95
    http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant....Category_Code=
    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 1/2cc 5/16inch Short Needle 100/box Price: $25.95
    http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant....Category_Code=
    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 1cc 5/16inch Short Needle 100/box Price: $25.95
  30. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77389

    Reputation Reputation

    I don't see how you can inject subQ in the delts and glutes with a slin pin. Please explain.... The 1 CC are the ones..
  31. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    I don't see how you can inject subQ in the delts and glutes with a slin pin. Please explain.... The 1 CC are the ones..
    Just go straight, only deep enough as the needle allows.
  32. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77389

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Just go straight, only deep enough as the needle allows.
    Really... Hmm interesting.
  33. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,708
    Rep Power
    950991

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Yeah, problem is: This is an actual "cycle". And 1 ml EOD is necessary. (or .5 ml ED)After 3 days, there are still 3 lumps. Less apparent, but still there. Even .5 ml ED would be impossible. People would think you're allergic to bees..
    This forum is for the discussion of HRT/TRT/Anti-Aging Medicine only.
  34. New Member
    crazilyfter42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    202

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Just go straight, only deep enough as the needle allows.
    That is interesting, you don't end up hitting the muscle doing this?
  35. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by crazilyfter42 View Post
    That is interesting, you don't end up hitting the muscle doing this?
    Stop worrying about needle going into muscle.
    You have bought into unnecessary bs.
    Do shots as we are discussing here.
    Do a blood test and see if you have expected amount of testosterone in the blood.
    Nothing else is important.

    I do just this type of shots, do my blood tests, and get results as expected.

    Lets not complicate things that are simple.
  36. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77389

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    This forum is for the discussion of HRT/TRT/Anti-Aging Medicine only.
    Sorry B.
  37. New Member
    brentf13's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    96

    Reputation

    I agree. T cyp was to be injected IM because it was designed to be administered at 400mg every three weeks for TRT. Obviously that doesn't work well nor would someone inject that amount SC unless you want a giant lump. Now that we know T cyp needs to be injected every three days for TRT the small amount we're using is fine SC.
  38. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77389

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by brentf13 View Post
    I agree. T cyp was to be injected IM because it was designed to be administered at 400mg every three weeks for TRT. Obviously that doesn't work well nor would someone inject that amount SC unless you want a giant lump. Now that we know T cyp needs to be injected every three days for TRT the small amount we're using is fine SC.
    Exactly what I discovered.
  39. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    99

    Reputation

    Can someone put this into laymanís terms.

    Currently I am doing 1cc of test cyp/week via IM 1'' 25ga needle into the glutes.

    If I was to use a Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge to inject subQ - what would be the amount I draw into the syringe and frequency of the injections to keep pace with my current injection amount?

    Also, would it be ok to inject subQ into the glutes?
  40. New Member
    Philec48's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    231

    Reputation

    The 31g needle will probably use IU (International Units). What strength of testosterone are you using? 200mg/ml is a common strength, with 100mg/ml also out there. If you have the first one, that means you are using 200mg per week.

    To get 200mg (with 200mg/ml strength testosterone) using IU, you would inject 100 IU. Best to split up your dose into two shots per week to keep more even levels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
    Can someone put this into layman’s terms.

    Currently I am doing 1cc of test cyp/week via IM 1'' 25ga needle into the glutes.

    If I was to use a Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge to inject subQ - what would be the amount I draw into the syringe and frequency of the injections to keep pace with my current injection amount?

    Also, would it be ok to inject subQ into the glutes?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Testosterone injection questions
    By ircmannix in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 10:56 PM
  2. Subcutaneous Injection Question
    By bigmoe70 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 02:52 PM
  3. Subcutaneous Testosterone Injections Study
    By 1cc in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 01:22 PM
  4. EOD Fina Injection Question?
    By Blatalian in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-31-2003, 08:17 PM
  5. Typical injection question
    By GangstaJDog in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 08:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in