Sermorelin

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%

Sermorelin

I see that a number of HRT docs and clinics are dropping HGH and switching to sermorelin. Theoretically it should be safer than HGH since it leaves the hormonal feedback loop in place and prevents/reduces overdosage.Also there are a lot less legal issues associated with it use and prescribing. Has anyone used this product so far? If so what were your IGF-1 levels before and after and what effects if any did you see if any?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.31%

Quote Originally Posted by Diancecht View Post
    I see that a number of HRT docs and clinics are dropping HGH and switching to sermorelin. Theoretically it should be safer than HGH since it leaves the hormonal feedback loop in place and prevents/reduces overdosage.Also there are a lot less legal issues associated with it use and prescribing. Has anyone used this product so far? If so what were your IGF-1 levels before and after and what effects if any did you see if any?

I used it for a week and discontinued because of obnoxious sides. AFIK, my experience is not typical.
  3. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I used it for three months, and was hopeful because I was sleeping better and felt pretty good. Unfortunately my IGF level dropped from 299 to 139.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%

Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    I used it for three months, and was hopeful because I was sleeping better and felt pretty good. Unfortunately my IGF level dropped from 299 to 139.
    A 299 of IGF in most labs would put you near or at top normal range. Sermorelin is not meant to raise the IGG beyond normal physiologic range. As such I wonder if the 139 you measured was the bodies response to try to keep levels within the normal ranges.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%

Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    I used it for a week and discontinued because of obnoxious sides. AFIK, my experience is not typical.
    I communicated with a Dr. Walker who was one of the researchers on sermorelin and he mentioned some people had to go lower than the 200-300 dose because of side effects. However even at the reduced level saw some good elevation of IGF-1.

I will be meeting with Dr. Crisler in a couple of weeks and I will be interested in his take on Sermorelin.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.31%

I communicated with a Dr. Walker who was one of the researchers on sermorelin and he mentioned some people had to go lower than the 200-300 dose because of side effects. However even at the reduced level saw some good elevation of IGF-1.

I will be meeting with Dr. Crisler in a couple of weeks and I will be interested in his take on Sermorelin.

I cut back from 200 to 100 to 50 and decided I was done when I was still having sides from 50 mcg.

Dr. Crisler is one of those docs who has switched all of his hGH patients to sermorelin.
    Last edited by cpeil2; 01-01-2008 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Add content
  7. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

A 299 of IGF in most labs would put you near or at top normal range. Sermorelin is not meant to raise the IGG beyond normal physiologic range. As such I wonder if the 139 you measured was the bodies response to try to keep levels within the normal ranges.

139 is my baseline. My level was at 299 while on GH. I took one month off and injected 300 mcg daily. I didn't notice any sides. Maybe I didn't give it enough time.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%

Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    139 is my baseline. My level was at 299 while on GH. I took one month off and injected 300 mcg daily. I didn't notice any sides. Maybe I didn't give it enough time.
    Perhaps tachphylaxis from the HGH use? Exogenous HGH use has been known to downgrade HGH receptors. Or maybe Sermorelin just doesnt work. It may be good in theory but not so good in real life. I will keep looking into it. Thanks for your input.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%

Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    I cut back from 200 to 100 to 50 and decided I was done when I was still having sides from 50 mcg.

Dr. Crisler is one of those docs who has switched all of his hGH patients to sermorelin.
    I am curious as to what your IGF-1 was when you started and did you get an IGF-1 when you quit.

I have an IGF1 of about 160 and I am wondering if a 6-12 month course would be helpfull with tendon repair in a injured ankle. Thanks for the feedback!
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.54%

Any research on the sermorelin I can show my endo? He already refused to give me HCG but maybe I can convince him with this? What are the arguments?
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Bungloid48 View Post
    Any research on the sermorelin I can show my endo? He already refused to give me HCG but maybe I can convince him with this? What are the arguments?
    Theoretically,this is what is said about it: I cant and wont vouch for its accuracy. Hope this helps.

SERMORELIN: A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO hGH

Human growth hormone produced by recombinant gene technology has been used extensively for anti-aging therapy during the past decade. Although effective in restoring certain youthful characteristics in aging subjects, hGH has certain medical and legal issues that sometimes restrict practitioners use of the product. The major problems with hGH include:

• Improper dosing can lead to side effects that may be serious in some patients,

• Subcutaneous administration results in non-physiological or “square wave” exposure of tissues to hGH that is not controlled by normal feedback mechanisms and thus, eventually leads to tachyphylaxis and reduced efficacy,

• The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) restricts the use of hGH in adults except for treatment of AIDS or human growth hormone deficiency (GHD) diagnosed according to specifically published guidelines.

Based upon these potential problems with hGH, an alternative product that overcomes the medical and legal issues would be of significant value to anti-aging practitioners. The only such product currently available commercially is a structural analog of human growth hormone releasing hormone called growth hormone releasing factor (GRF) or SERMORELIN . Unlike recombinant hGH which stimulates production of the bioactive hormone IGF-1 from the liver, SERMORELIN simulates the patients own pituitary gland by binding to specific receptors that increase production and secretion of endogenous hGH. Because SERMORELIN increases endogenous hGH by stimulating the pituitary gland it has certain advantages over hGH that include:

It's effects are regulated at the level of the pituitary gland by negative feedback and by release of somatostatin so that overdoses of hGH are difficult if not impossible to achieve,
    Tissue exposure to hGH released by the pituitary under the influence of SERMORELIN is episodic not “square wave” preventing tachphylaxis by mimicking normal physiology
    By stimulating the pituitary it preserves more of the growth hormone neuroendocrine axis that is the first to fail during aging.
    Pituitary recrudescence resulting from SERMORELIN blocks the cascade of hypophyseal hormone failure that occurs during aging thereby preserving not only youthful anatomy but also youthful physiology,
    It provides the patient with all the benefits and more of hGH replacement therapy and furthermore, its OFF LABEL USE IS NOT PROHIBITED BY FEDERAL LAW.

More information about this new and effective intervention in aging may be found at www.sermorelin.com
  12. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I am curious as to what your IGF-1 was when you started and did you get an IGF-1 when you quit.

I have an IGF1 of about 160 and I am wondering if a 6-12 month course would be helpfull with tendon repair in a injured ankle. Thanks for the feedback!
    My IGF was 135 before I started taking GH 18 months ago. It was roughly the same a month after quitting and after three months on Sermorelin. For me, the biggest benefit from GH is recovery.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.31%

Mine was 168 when I started. Since I was only on it for a week, I didn't see any point in measuring it again when I stopped. When I started the sermorelin, I had no previous use of hGH. I would, I think, do a trial of hGH.

You should look at the sermorelin thread on the men's health board at mesomorphosis.com. Over there, Headdoc reports on his three-month trial.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.67%

I was on Norditropin for 6 months with excellent results--lost about 10lbs of bodyfat (mostly around my midsection) but my weight stayed the same, which makes me think I also put on about the same amount of muscle. I only weigh in at 170, so it was a pretty nice change.

A few months ago I switched to Sermorelin because it's considerably less expensive. In many ways it worked better--I felt a boost of energy throughout the day that I never noticed with the Norditropin. Like having a cup of coffee in the morning that never wears off. The only wrinkle was the it didn't play well with my thyroid meds. I'm on synthroid 100mcg/day and the combo of the 2 is keeping me awake at night. I dosed down the synthroid for a few weeks and the problem resolved but my thyroid labs didn't look so good.

Bottom line, this stuff is awesome, but mabye not for folks taking synthroid.(Or that could just be my experience).

Regardless, my doc suggested that I discontinue the Sermorelin for a while. I have unopened 5 vials left if anyone has any ideas for what I can do with them. Each vial has 36 doses (so exactly 180 days worth). Hate to see them expire. Shoot me an email with ideas.

My email is markoman1@aol.com

Cheers,

Mark
  15. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by markoman1 View Post
    I was on Norditropin for 6 months with excellent results--lost about 10lbs of bodyfat (mostly around my midsection) but my weight stayed the same, which makes me think I also put on about the same amount of muscle. I only weigh in at 170, so it was a pretty nice change.

A few months ago I switched to Sermorelin because it's considerably less expensive. In many ways it worked better--I felt a boost of energy throughout the day that I never noticed with the Norditropin. Like having a cup of coffee in the morning that never wears off. The only wrinkle was the it didn't play well with my thyroid meds. I'm on synthroid 100mcg/day and the combo of the 2 is keeping me awake at night. I dosed down the synthroid for a few weeks and the problem resolved but my thyroid labs didn't look so good.

Bottom line, this stuff is awesome, but mabye not for folks taking synthroid.(Or that could just be my experience).

Regardless, my doc suggested that I discontinue the Sermorelin for a while. I have unopened 5 vials left if anyone has any ideas for what I can do with them. Each vial has 36 doses (so exactly 180 days worth). Hate to see them expire. Shoot me an email with ideas.

Cheers,

Mark
    Why not use Armour Thyroid?
  16. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Join the club. I have several vials taking up space in my fridge. The main problem I had with the product is that it did not increase IGF levels. I had 135 on Sermorelin and now 299 on GH. I was off of HCG at the time. I'm sure that higher testosterone would have boost my level to 185. It has in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by markoman1 View Post

Cheers,

Mark

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sermorelin vs HGH
    By IronGrip in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 01:46 PM
  2. Sermorelin? Story & question.
    By markoman1 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 02:56 PM