Thyroid Question?

J

jrj

Awards
I've been reading some of the posts regarding thyroid tests and was wondering about the Free T3 range. I was recently tested and results from Quest were 273 pg/dl Range 230-420.

Many of you suggest getting to top of range with Armour. Why is it important to be at the top of the range on this one? What should the relationship of free T3 to Total T3 , T3 uptake and T4 be? What would be the symptoms I should be experienceing now that I'm not at the top of the range? Would libido be negatively affected? Thank you

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I've been reading some of the posts regarding thyroid tests and was wondering about the Free T3 range. I was recently tested and results from Quest were 273 pg/dl Range 230-420.

Many of you suggest getting to top of range with Armour. Why is it important to be at the top of the range on this one? What should the relationship of free T3 to Total T3 , T3 uptake and T4 be? What would be the symptoms I should be experienceing now that I'm not at the top of the range? Would libido be negatively affected? Thank you
I usually do recomend that FreeT3 be at the top range.

this is a short cut, if one wants to minimize testing and maintenance and cost.

For my self I additionally do EstroEssence test at Genova.
Among other usefull analytes there is T3.
I use that one to fine tune my Armour thyroid dose (usualy make it lower)