*HELP*Low Testosterone and Cardio Disease - AnabolicMinds.com

*HELP*Low Testosterone and Cardio Disease

1. New Member

*HELP*Low Testosterone and Cardio Disease

In the Life Extension : "Male Hormone Modulation Therapy" I read that the human growth hormone (HGH) declines (weakening the heart muscle) with low testosterone levels.

My bloodwork shows an absense of Growth Hormone, Serum <0.1 ng/ml w/ a range is 0.0 - 6.0, and a below normal total Testosterone, Serum of 147L ng/dL w/ a range of 241 - 827.

My doctor wants to treat the absense of growth hormone with Norditropin injections and the low testosterone with methyltest tabs (I'm going to ask him to change the testosterone to androderm patch per the above protocal).

My question: Are the Norditropin injections necessary? Or will increasing my testostone level be enough to raise my growth hormone to a healthy level? Thanks in advance.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  260 lbs.

I dont know if growth hormone will increase test but Im sure methyltest does. Probably the reason why your doctor didnt give injection is because 147 is not that bad (mine initially was 24). Also dont get androderm, it doesnt stick to well and it is itchy. Try andogel. Last, growth hormone is necessary, consider your self lucky as most of us here are dying to have growth hormone. Ok, how old are you again?
  3. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by THOR65 View Post
    In the Life Extension : "Male Hormone Modulation Therapy" I read that the human growth hormone (HGH) declines (weakening the heart muscle) with low testosterone levels.

My bloodwork shows an absense of Growth Hormone, Serum <0.1 ng/ml w/ a range is 0.0 - 6.0, and a below normal total Testosterone, Serum of 147L ng/dL w/ a range of 241 - 827.

My doctor wants to treat the absense of growth hormone with Norditropin injections and the low testosterone with methyltest tabs (I'm going to ask him to change the testosterone to androderm patch per the above protocal).

My question: Are the Norditropin injections necessary? Or will increasing my testostone level be enough to raise my growth hormone to a healthy level? Thanks in advance.
    Before I noted this post I have given you my 2c on your original thread.
    •   

4. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bodyfort View Post
    I dont know if growth hormone will increase test but Im sure methyltest does. Probably the reason why your doctor didnt give injection is because 147 is not that bad (mine initially was 24). Also dont get androderm, it doesnt stick to well and it is itchy. Try andogel. Last, growth hormone is necessary, consider your self lucky as most of us here are dying to have growth hormone. Ok, how old are you again?
    147 ng/dl total testosterone is pretty much in the gutter and well below any normal range I've ever seen.

I would think even the most staid endocrinologist would treat that in a minute. But I would be wary of any doctor who would writhe methyltestosterone tabs for treatment of legitimate hypogonadism.

It's a 17a alkylated oral steroid, hard on the liver, etc...

"Methyltestosterone offers little except androgenic side effects. It is quite toxic, elevating liver enzymes and causing acne, gynecomastia, aggression and water retention quite easily. Were one to tolerate these side-effects, Methyltestosterone will offer little more than some slight strength gains."

In my unprofessional opinion, I would stick with gels or injections.

Correcting T *can* help Igf-1, thyroid issues.
  5. New Member

Thanks Guys!

BodyFort, I'm 42yrs old. I could be wrong, but, I believe that low testosterone causes a decrease in GH, which inturn can weaken the heart. I was wondering if my test was increased would that cause my GH levels to increase or is that way the Dr. is suggestions GH shots with TRT. Thanks for the info on patches, I'm worried about the gel because of contact with my 6yr old son. Do you think Testoderm patch would be the same as Androderm?

Rick055, the more I'm reading about Methyltest, the more I believe its a bad chose also. You didn't metion patches. Do you not like patches? (see above comment about gel and my son). I open to injections.
  6. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by THOR65 View Post

Rick055, the more I'm reading about Methyltest, the more I believe its a bad chose also. You didn't metion patches. Do you not like patches? (see above comment about gel and my son). I open to injections.
    I have no experience with patches but don't know anyone who has had success with them.

By the by, gels/creams are more successful but as you know you run the risk of transference. That said, transference is minimal when they are properly used.

I started with androgel, did okay for a bit and had to go to the compounded formulations. I don't know if I had a bad compounding pharmacy, but when I switched from 5% to 10%, I didn't do so well.

I have recently switched to IM injections and can tell you that although I am not 100% yet (I'm only on the beginning of my second shot, it takes six weeks to get steady serum levels), I am starting to feel much better. Libido is *do I dare say* strong! Energy better, stamina better.

This what I started TRT to feel like.

If you don't mind sticking yourself (I've only done two, but so far it seems fairly "painless") I think it might be the best way to go.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  260 lbs.

stay with injection. First, never decline what your doctor gave you methyl because it will insult him. Then you come back in a week and tell your doctor it gives upset stomach. then you can change your medication. I dont know why your doctor is giving you oral test? That is not really good for your liver. also, patches are the same, so injection at your doctor's office will do the job. The only test that I know will help IgF is trenbolone(vet injectable). Ive been taking test cypionate for a year and yet my gh level is still borderline
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Low Testosterone and Clomid
    By gothir in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 07:56 PM
  2. Low Testosterone and T3
    By charliebizz in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 07:18 AM
  3. Low DHT and Thyroid disease?
    By raw1973 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine