Reconstituting and injecting hCG

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Anybody know a good thread on the subject?

I tried searching, but it tells me hCG is less than the 4 letter minimum needed to search. Yes, I tried human chorionic gonadotropin, too.

I basically want to know - start to finish - how to reconstitute a 10,000 i.u. vial of Abraxis hCG, and how much you would draw into an insulin pin to equal 250 i.u.

TIA

rick055

Awards
  • Established
I just found this video online and it appears to be very good as far as procedure goes.

That said, it is based on someone doing one 10,000 iu injection.

If reconstituting for use as 250 iu injections, how much diluent would one inject and how much would one inject?

Freedom MedTEACH

see the tab on the let labeled "Novarel"

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Anybody know a good thread on the subject?

I tried searching, but it tells me hCG is less than the 4 letter minimum needed to search. Yes, I tried human chorionic gonadotropin, too.

I basically want to know - start to finish - how to reconstitute a 10,000 i.u. vial of Abraxis hCG, and how much you would draw into an insulin pin to equal 250 i.u.

TIA
I use hcg 380iu E2D
I also use 31ga 5/16"long 3/10cc insuline syringes for both T & hcg

Because of size of HCG dose and size of syringe,
I mixed my 10000iu with 5mL of water
That way my 380iu=19 units
my syringe is only 33units big.
When mixing I puncture stopper only once when delivering water with my B-D 5mL 20Ga syringe.
Making sure that water flows by the side of the vial and not directly on a powder.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
When mixing I puncture stopper only once when delivering water with my B-D 5mL 20Ga syringe.
Making sure that water flows by the side of the vial and not directly on a powder.
That's good knowledge right there.

Never thought of that.

Have you ever heard of drawing air out of one of the vials?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
That's good knowledge right there.

Never thought of that.

Have you ever heard of drawing air out of one of the vials?
In Novarel vial there must be a vacuum to begin with.
That is another reason to be carefull when going thru with the needle, always point it toward the wall of syringe, avay from powder,
also be careful and do not startle,
the vacuum will pull half of the water or more right thru.
You may get scared and drop the whole thing.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
In Novarel vial there must be a vacuum to begin with.
That is another reason to be carefull when going thru with the needle, always point it toward the wall of syringe, avay from powder,
also be careful and do not startle,
the vacuum will pull half of the water or more right thru.
You may get scared and drop the whole thing.
Thanks again. That shortens the learning curve.

I saw a video and they had the water in the syringe and had the vial on a flat surface (desktop) held firmly with the other hand. I will also insert needle at an angle.

So you're saying that water might actually just get sucked out on its own due to the vacuum in the powder vial? Freaky.