Hitting a nerve while injecting/twitching...

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.6%

Hitting a nerve while injecting/twitching...

Just completed my second ever IM inject and I have a question.

As soon as I penetrated, my leg jumped/twitched a little bit. I figured I penetrated a nerve so i tried to go a little deeper, but my leg twitched again.

I withdrew and injected a quarter inch away, no problem.

Should I have discarded the syringe and started from scratch? The site had been cleaned with alcohol so it was ok that way.

I remember reading that if you aspirate blood you should withdraw and start again with a completely new syringe, but I kind of got lost in the moment with the unexpected twinging and just went into a different site and injected there.

so my first question is whether that's okay and if not, what should I expect?

My second question is when your leg twitches and you suspect a nerve, do you go in deeper/shallower/withdraw or just inject?

Thanks

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post

As soon as I penetrated, my leg jumped/twitched a little bit. I figured I penetrated a nerve so i tried to go a little deeper, but my leg twitched again.

Should I have discarded the syringe and started from scratch? The site had been cleaned with alcohol so it was ok that way.

I remember reading that if you aspirate blood you should withdraw and start again with a completely new syringe, but I kind of got lost in the moment with the unexpected twinging and just went into a different site and injected there.

My second question is when your leg twitches and you suspect a nerve, do you go in deeper/shallower/withdraw or just inject?

Thanks
    You are going to be sorry.
    With longer needle you can do all kind of damage.
    nerves
    veins
    penetrate abdomen wall

use
    31ga 5/16"long needle 3/10cc insuline syringe only.
    No extra additianal syringe to fill, no nothing extra.
    Just be patient and hold syringe and vial like shown on attached picture, you then can do other things during the 4 minutes it takes to fill in.

just watch and do not poke in your eyes or balls (may be),
    otherwise you cannot harm your self with that needle.

I use it in a donut area around my navel.
    outside dia 6"
    hole 2" dia

I found that lower half of that area is even easier, relatively to upper half.

I use upper for HCG and lower for T shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.43%

i twitch too, i think its from being tense, then sticking a sharp object in there... if you hit a nerve u would most definitely know it, i would think.....

phats
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.56%

You have nothing to worry about! I've done this many times. You did the right thing,just pull the needle back a little and continue your injection. Just always remember to aspirate!
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.6%

Quote Originally Posted by eros62d View Post
    You have nothing to worry about! I've done this many times. You did the right thing,just pull the needle back a little and continue your injection. Just always remember to aspirate!
    Eros,

I actually pulled all the way out, reinserted into a different area and then injected.

Having "one of these" under my belt, next time I will just withdraw a little.

But do you think I'm okay as to this shot?

From reading about aspirating blood, I have heard that it is better to withdraw, pitch the whole thing and start again. So I didn't know if the "reinsertion" was the problem.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.56%

Eros,

I actually pulled all the way out, reinserted into a different area and then injected.

Having "one of these" under my belt, next time I will just withdraw a little.

But do you think I'm okay as to this shot?

From reading about aspirating blood, I have heard that it is better to withdraw, pitch the whole thing and start again. So I didn't know if the "reinsertion" was the problem.
    When I hit a nerve,I don't pull all the way out,just a little then back in and inject. If I aspirate blood,which has happened only a few times out of hundreds of injects,I pull out,and inject in a different spot. The blood in the barrel isn't a problem. You might want to put on a new needle to inject though. Hope this helps!
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.32%

Thanks
    Are you pinning in the glutes? If so, you are probably too far towards the middle...hitting the sciatic nerve. I have never hit it personally, but have heard it hurts terribly.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...size/19503.jpg
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.6%

Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    Are you pinning in the glutes? If so, you are probably too far towards the middle...hitting the sciatic nerve. I have never hit it personally, but have heard it hurts terribly.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...size/19503.jpg
    Nope, pinning the quad. It wasn't painful, it was as if the muscle just "twitched" on its own.

Similar Forum Threads

1. I hit my sciatic nerve while injecting
    By miami2az2011 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 05:11 PM
  2. Doctor LATS hits pull-ups while talking BIZNESS
    By Dr. Lats in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 07:32 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 09:43 AM
  4. Bubble while injection