Norditropin plus Methyltest

  1. New Member
    THOR65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    91
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%

    Question Norditropin plus Methyltest


    I'm a 42 old former football player, boxer, weightlifter, who dabled with bodybuilding. I suffer from all the classic symptoms of hypogonadism, fatigue, fat gain, poor recovery, irritability, depression, decreased memory, lack of libido, erectile dysfunction. The strange thing is I haven't lost much of my muscle mass even though its covered with fat. I'm 5'10 and 295llbs and based on a doctor's review of my bone size I should weigh about 225lb. Anyhow, I had bloodwork done and my testosterone, serum was 147 L ng/dL and growth hormone is absent <0.1 ng/dL. My doctor wants me to take daily shots of Norditropin 15/1.5 and 200mg CR of Methyltest. Does anyone know anything about Norditopin. My doc believes this program will make me feel like I'm 20yrs old again.

  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2418
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by THOR65 View Post
    I'm a 42 old former football player, boxer, weightlifter, who dabled with bodybuilding. I suffer from all the classic symptoms of hypogonadism, fatigue, fat gain, poor recovery, irritability, depression, decreased memory, lack of libido, erectile dysfunction. The strange thing is I haven't lost much of my muscle mass even though its covered with fat. I'm 5'10 and 295llbs and based on a doctor's review of my bone size I should weigh about 225lb. Anyhow, I had bloodwork done and my testosterone, serum was 147 L ng/dL and growth hormone is absent <0.1 ng/dL. My doctor wants me to take daily shots of Norditropin 15/1.5 and 200mg CR of Methyltest. Does anyone know anything about Norditopin. My doc believes this program will make me feel like I'm 20yrs old again.
    We try to play straight here.
    You may try other forums on AM.

    If you want info on getting your health back open another thread and ask questions.
  3. New Member
    THOR65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    91
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%

    This was my first post on AM and I'm trying to learn here. I'm not sure what you are implying......I'll try it again on another thread.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    bodyfort's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    144
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    47.58%

    what do you need more info if doctor gave it to you. some member in AM might be smart and creative but there is no better explanation from the doctor. unless you want to modify your medicine and turn into cycle?
  5. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2418
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by THOR65 View Post
    This was my first post on AM and I'm trying to learn here. I'm not sure what you are implying......I'll try it again on another thread.
    Why do not we stay right here.

    I had bloodwork done and my testosterone, serum was 147 L ng/dL and growth hormone is absent <0.1 ng/dL.
    Norditropin
    Methyltest
    ============================== =========
    5'10 and 295llbs
    when making corrections to your weight, think of proper body fat %%
    ============================== =========
    I am not a doctor.
    I am 67yo 5'-9", 164#, relatively healty but not heavily into sports.

    Before you take anything, I suggest that you do good testing to find out where you stand.

    You may need testosterone supplementation, use "normal" testosterone not steroid.
    Wait with growth hormone till much much latter if at all.

    You can find tests discussed on my thread, post #44
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007

    In a best case you could start with my blood test list, but do it at Quest diagnostics, blood drawn at Quest.

    Also do these two tests at Genova Diagnostics:

    NutrEval
    Estroessence
    ----------------------------------------------------------

    If you have insurance, blood test cost me $6, with out $3500,
    the other tests, cost is pending, in worst case couple hundreds $$'s, not the end of the world.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

    Testosterone and GH are not at the begining when looking for over all solution to your/anybody's health problems.

    football player, boxer

    hypogonadism, fatigue, fat gain, poor recovery, irritability, depression, decreased memory, lack of libido, erectile dysfunction

    Assuming 100% good health at the beginning,
    description above calls for checking adrenals first.

    You must have been hit hard often, specially in the head,
    do this test at Genova first, before you do any other tests:

    GDX Adrenocortex Stress Profile

    Adrenocortex Stress Profile

    Post your results, if you wish we can talk latter.

    Merry Christmass

    or

    Happy Holidays

    Whichever suits you better, just be happy.
  6. Senior Member
    Scottyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,001
    Rep Power
    645
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    61.24%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by THOR65 View Post
    I'm a 42 old former football player, boxer, weightlifter, who dabled with bodybuilding. I suffer from all the classic symptoms of hypogonadism, fatigue, fat gain, poor recovery, irritability, depression, decreased memory, lack of libido, erectile dysfunction. The strange thing is I haven't lost much of my muscle mass even though its covered with fat. I'm 5'10 and 295llbs and based on a doctor's review of my bone size I should weigh about 225lb. Anyhow, I had bloodwork done and my testosterone, serum was 147 L ng/dL and growth hormone is absent <0.1 ng/dL. My doctor wants me to take daily shots of Norditropin 15/1.5 and 200mg CR of Methyltest. Does anyone know anything about Norditopin. My doc believes this program will make me feel like I'm 20yrs old again.
    Im not sure why others gave you such weird responses (and somewhat rude to be honest...where did that first one come from Janz?) but here is my take.

    First, methyl test is ****...for HRT I think it has no business as sole source of HRT. Im not too familiar with the Norditopin, but many people notice that almost ABSENT test is a cause of low GH. Im assuming the Nord. is pretty expensive, if you can manage it no problem but Id look to other things first.

    Which include, as Janz helpfully remarked in his second post, more testing. If you've had more tests done, post them. If not, I think you should get a full metabolic panel, e2, total and free test, shbg, adrenals, thyroid (TSH, free T3 and free t4 a must), thyroid antibodies etc.

    The weight gain etc suggests potential thyroid and/or poor nutrition.

    I'd look into getting more testing before starting anything. but if you've started, see if teh doc will switch to androgel(t-gel is cheaper) and hcg injections. You can give him dr. john's protocal, which is the best.


    As for the other tests Janz recommended. They are good, provided you have GOOD insurance and dont mind. If not so good insurance, I think they are overkill at this stage.
  7. New Member
    THOR65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    91
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%

    Thanks Guys!!! I appreciate all your help. I read the Life Extension: Male Horomone Modulation Therapy. I'm assuming this is DR John's protocal you talked about (Scottyo) I'm going to ask for new bloodwork. What do you guys think about patches instead of the gel. My 6yr old son is always wrestling around with me and I'm concerned about the gel. Also, I posted a newthread before I received you responses, and in there, I ask about the absence of growth hormone and the effect on my heart as discussed in the "Life Ext." piece. Any thoughts? Also, I have great insurance. Norditropin is $15,000.00 for three months and I only have to pay $12 for three months. I am going to ask the Dr. to change the testosterone to androgel, androderm or testoderm.

    LabCorp Bloodwork

    TP+TSH
    Thyroxine (T4) 7.9 ug/dl 4.5 - 12.0
    T3 Uptake 34 o/o 24 - 39
    Free Thyroxine Index 2.7 1.2 - 4.9
    TSH 1.729 uIU/mL 0.35 - 5.500

    FSH and LH
    LH 7.3 mIU/mL 1.5 - 9.3
    FSH 4.0 mIU/mL 1.4 - 18.1

    Testosterone, Serum 147 L ng/dL 241 - 827

    Prostate-Specific Ag, Serum 0.2 ng/mL 0.0 - 4.0 Beskman (formerly Hybritech) ICMA methodology.

    Cortisol 8.3 ug/dL 3.1 - 22.4

    Growth Hormone, Serum <0.1 ng/mL 0.0 - 6.0
    Last edited by THOR65; 12-23-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Posting bloodwork from LabCorp
  8. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2418
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyo View Post
    Im not sure why others gave you such weird responses (and somewhat rude to be honest...where did that first one come from Janz?) but here is my take.

    First, methyl test is ****...for HRT I think it has no business as sole source of HRT. Im not too familiar with the Norditopin, but many people notice that almost ABSENT test is a cause of low GH. Im assuming the Nord. is pretty expensive, if you can manage it no problem but Id look to other things first.

    Which include, as Janz helpfully remarked in his second post, more testing. If you've had more tests done, post them. If not, I think you should get a full metabolic panel, e2, total and free test, shbg, adrenals, thyroid (TSH, free T3 and free t4 a must), thyroid antibodies etc.

    The weight gain etc suggests potential thyroid and/or poor nutrition.

    I'd look into getting more testing before starting anything. but if you've started, see if teh doc will switch to androgel(t-gel is cheaper) and hcg injections. You can give him dr. john's protocal, which is the best.


    As for the other tests Janz recommended. They are good, provided you have GOOD insurance and dont mind. If not so good insurance, I think they are overkill at this stage.
    Easy to explain.

    Steroids hurt people.

    My old lady made me wait from 8AM till 11AM
    Always stressful, if I knew that I had no chance, I would use my hand.
    Luckily for me she obliged.

    Yes, I should have been more polite while delivering same content, always easy in hind side.

    There was a story about messenger........
  9. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    374
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    32.76%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Easy to explain.

    Steroids hurt people.

    My old lady made me wait from 8AM till 11AM
    Always stressful, if I knew that I had no chance, I would use my hand.
    Luckily for me she obliged.

    Yes, I should have been more polite while delivering same content, always easy in hind side.

    There was a story about messenger........
    Yeah, but this guy has a total T of 147 ng/dL.

    He said it was his doctor who suggested methyltest.
  10. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    374
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    32.76%

    dupe
  11. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2418
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    Yeah, but this guy has a total T of 147 ng/dL.

    He said it was his doctor who suggested methyltest.
    There are all kind of doctors.

    Patients be ware.
  12. New Member
    MarkLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    194
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    24.41%

    Quote Originally Posted by THOR65 View Post
    Thanks Guys!!! I appreciate all your help. I read the Life Extension: Male Horomone Modulation Therapy. I'm assuming this is DR John's protocal you talked about (Scottyo) I'm going to ask for new bloodwork. What do you guys think about patches instead of the gel. My 6yr old son is always wrestling around with me and I'm concerned about the gel. Also, I posted a newthread before I received you responses, and in there, I ask about the absence of growth hormone and the effect on my heart as discussed in the "Life Ext." piece. Any thoughts? Also, I have great insurance. Norditropin is $15,000.00 for three months and I only have to pay $12 for three months. I am going to ask the Dr. to change the testosterone to androgel, androderm or testoderm.

    LabCorp Bloodwork

    TP+TSH
    Thyroxine (T4) 7.9 ug/dl 4.5 - 12.0
    T3 Uptake 34 o/o 24 - 39
    Free Thyroxine Index 2.7 1.2 - 4.9
    TSH 1.729 uIU/mL 0.35 - 5.500

    FSH and LH
    LH 7.3 mIU/mL 1.5 - 9.3
    FSH 4.0 mIU/mL 1.4 - 18.1

    Testosterone, Serum 147 L ng/dL 241 - 827

    Prostate-Specific Ag, Serum 0.2 ng/mL 0.0 - 4.0 Beskman (formerly Hybritech) ICMA methodology.

    Cortisol 8.3 ug/dL 3.1 - 22.4

    Growth Hormone, Serum <0.1 ng/mL 0.0 - 6.0
    FYI:

    High LH, low T suggests primary hypogonadism. i.e. the problem is likely in the testicles not the pituitary.

    Mark
  13. New Member
    RugbyHooligan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    40
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    183
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    16.27%

    jansz... not every doctor is willing to go the extra mile like yours.

    you should take that into consideration.
  14. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2418
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyHooligan View Post
    jansz... not every doctor is willing to go the extra mile like yours.

    you should take that into consideration.
    Keep on changing doctors.
    Look for flexible insurance.
    ---------

    You are exactly right.
    Doctor is a luck of the draw.


    I know a doctor MD, in Paramus NJ, 500 yards off rt17.
    22 Madison Ave, Paramus, NJ 07652, USA - Google Maps


    He is into holistic medicine, he does hormone replacement among many other.
    I will newer recomend him for our needs,
    but he is the very first doctor whom I came across looking for help.

    BTW, chiropractor that works for him, unexpectedly fixed my foot, so I do not have to wear orthotics.
    Hard to dance with them.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Originally I came to him with bad supraspinatus.
    He was not even close, he should have shipped me out to surgeon,
    would have been much easier surgery when caught so much earlier.
    I wasted lots of time, cut thru over half of the tendom,
    had to have open surgery instead of arthroscopic.
    So a doctor is a luck of the draw.
    I was not able to diagnose problem my self,
    the pain was mostly low, close to my ebow while the damage was on top of my shoulder, eery.
  15. New Member
    Diancecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    112
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    56.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    There are all kind of doctors.

    Patients be ware.
    I am especially puzzled by a choice of methyltestosterone. While in med school almost 30 years ago we were cautioned not to use that because of the Hepatic toxicity and use injections etc instead. I thought it was off the market in fact, because other than the advantage of being and oral prep its just has to many downside risks.
  16. New Member
    RugbyHooligan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    40
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    183
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    16.27%

    yea man... methyltest isn't the best on the liver... thats for sure
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ripped fuel plus tight or lean mass matrix
    By institutional in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-10-2003, 12:20 AM
  2. Ensure Plus
    By Technics in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 02:41 PM
  3. Super 1 plus cycle
    By sctxms in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 08:47 AM
  4. Fina, prop, super one plus question....
    By kwantz2 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 02:08 AM
  5. t1 pro Versus Super one plus
    By sctxms in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 12:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in