B-12 Injections

RockyD

Awards
Just curious.. I don't see this mentioned much on here.
Does anyone else use B-12?
I get them every 2 weeks with my TEST CYP. and it makes me feel incredible.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My dog uses methylcobalamin at 500mcg 2x/wk and gets a good energy boost, better sleep, and reduced allergies from them.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
just waiting on the damn compounding pharmacy to ship so i can start up. doing 1500mcg EOD.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Just curious.. I don't see this mentioned much on here.
Does anyone else use B-12?
I get them every 2 weeks with my TEST CYP. and it makes me feel incredible.
How much and what kind B12 shots are you getting?
What is that you are taking on every two weeks schedule?
B12
T
or both?

T every 2 weeks that is very infrequent.
Possibly B12 also should be more frequent.
Wonder if anybody else have experience with B12 shots.

I am low on B12 per my Genova test.
it is surprise for me, blood at Quest have me at the top range.

There are at least two types of B12.
Methyl-cobalamin
Cyano-cobalamin
possibly more types.

I just learned, methyl is the one to use.
All my B12 supplements are cyano.

Read on LEF site, methyl-cobalamin is ok sublingual, do not have to be shots.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Sublinguals are not as good IMO. You REALLY feel the boost from a Methyl B12 shot though.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sublinguals are not as good IMO. You REALLY feel the boost from a Methyl B12 shot though.
Yea , agreed! Be careful as b-12 can increase red blood cells....and test will do that as well. I didn't use b-12 on cycle.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Size of shots, how often?
Does the shot contain only Methyl B12 or there are some combinations of vitamins?

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
you can get a b-complex but b12 is the tough one to get absorbed through stomach. I know HAN also recommends folinic acid after 5 weeks or so, but Im not too up on that. Not just folic acid but folinic. WE have a thread going on the other site but it seemed to have died. I think it might be one of the missing links for me with thyroid, test, ed, stuff...esp. the still lingering extremity issues.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
you can get a b-complex but b12 is the tough one to get absorbed through stomach. I know HAN also recommends folinic acid after 5 weeks or so, but Im not too up on that. Not just folic acid but folinic. WE have a thread going on the other site but it seemed to have died. I think it might be one of the missing links for me with thyroid, test, ed, stuff...esp. the still lingering extremity issues.
It is not even funny how much and what I am missing on my Genova tests.
Those tests are functional, that is they are individualized.

I have many vitamins and minerals tested using Quest's blood tests.
By now they are all about right, close to top range.

On Genova tests I am missing on lots of them.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
i wonder if by taking b-vitamin supps you might be skewing blood tests. I remember I had a certain b vitamin or two tested way back by my bad doc....about an hour after i had taken a b complex. He told me, your test is high, stop taking vitamins.

moron. also was teh same doc who wanted to diagnose based on body hair count.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
i wonder if by taking b-vitamin supps you might be skewing blood tests. I remember I had a certain b vitamin or two tested way back by my bad doc....about an hour after i had taken a b complex. He told me, your test is high, stop taking vitamins.

moron. also was teh same doc who wanted to diagnose based on body hair count.
urine-- current results, hourly fluctuations, early mornig void, 10hr history, 24 hr history taken
blood-- current results plus couple of weeks history on some analytes
blood-- red blood cels, packet erythrocytes, history up to month or little more
hair-- they usually want from back of the head about 2-3 months growth, no bleaches or color, wash with Baby Johnson shampoo two weeks prior to cutting sample

Interesting problem, when to take urine/blood sample while on all kinds of supplements and medications taken on variety of schedules.

Worst or close to hopeless with saliva samples.

Test kits at Genova Diagnostics come with some number of possiblilities depending on type of test, test objectives and few other variables.
Advice is written and comes with a package.

I am sure not all possibilities are covered.
======================================
My last color was 10 weeks ago, 5 weeks ago shaved back of my head, now use only Baby Johnson shampoo.
At the moment I still put shaping paste (only on front of my head).
Getting ready for possible hair testing, still not sure if I want that, now, since I discovered NutriEval test.

RockyD

Awards
How much and what kind B12 shots are you getting?
Beats me..it's red in color though and it's a big shot. Good question, I'll have to ask next time.

What is that you are taking on every two weeks schedule?
B12
T
or both?
Both

T every 2 weeks that is very infrequent.
Possibly B12 also should be more frequent.
Wonder if anybody else have experience with B12 shots.
I get 100 mg/ml Test Cypt. shot every other week and a B-12 shot with it. I'm also using Androgel (5 g.) every other day. This combo seems to work very good for me. I also take ZMA every nite(3 caps) and I "cycle" [LOL] 6-OXO to help control E2.
This with all the other supps I take.

RockyD

Awards
I can't speak about the sublinguals but he is right about the B-12 shots!

Thanks again JanSz . . . I do know I get name brand DEPO-Test (CYPT.) because I have seen the bottle. I will ask about what kind and how much B-12 I get and will update here next week. My General Physician is one of the best.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Usually 1cc of methyl b12 once per week is enough for most people though there might be some value in frontloading if you are really deficient. My MB12 is just pure MB12.

RockyD

Awards
Usually 1cc of methyl b12 once per week is enough for most people though there might be some value in frontloading if you are really deficient. My MB12 is just pure MB12.
Hey bioman..I posted the color of the B-12 shot I get. What kind of B-12 am I getting, off hand? I will confirm next week.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
For decades, people have been injecting themselves with vitamin B12 because they thought oral supplements were not adequately absorbed. New research indicates that oral B12 supplements may be as good or better than injections

Le Magazine, August 1999 - Report: B12: The Vital Vitamin

Methylcobalamin, 1 Mg 60 (To Be Dissolved In The Mouth) Lozenges Vanilla

Methylcobalamin (To Be Dissolved In The Mouth), 5 Mg 60 Lozenges

The liver converts about 1% of ingested cyanocobalamin into methylcobalamin

RockyD

Awards
For decades, people have been injecting themselves with vitamin B12 because they thought oral supplements were not adequately absorbed. New research indicates that oral B12 supplements may be as good or better than injections

Le Magazine, August 1999 - Report: B12: The Vital Vitamin

Methylcobalamin, 1 Mg 60 (To Be Dissolved In The Mouth) Lozenges Vanilla

Methylcobalamin (To Be Dissolved In The Mouth), 5 Mg 60 Lozenges

The liver converts about 1% of ingested cyanocobalamin into methylcobalamin
I'll stick with the $9.00 B-12 shot.. :wave: