B-12 Injections

  1. Registered User
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Answers
    0

    B-12 Injections


    Just curious.. I don't see this mentioned much on here.
    Does anyone else use B-12?
    I get them every 2 weeks with my TEST CYP. and it makes me feel incredible.

  2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,113
    Answers
    0


    My dog uses methylcobalamin at 500mcg 2x/wk and gets a good energy boost, better sleep, and reduced allergies from them.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Registered User
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Answers
    0


    interesting..
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Scottyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,002
    Answers
    0


    just waiting on the damn compounding pharmacy to ship so i can start up. doing 1500mcg EOD.
  5. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
    Just curious.. I don't see this mentioned much on here.
    Does anyone else use B-12?
    I get them every 2 weeks with my TEST CYP. and it makes me feel incredible.
    How much and what kind B12 shots are you getting?
    What is that you are taking on every two weeks schedule?
    B12
    T
    or both?

    T every 2 weeks that is very infrequent.
    Possibly B12 also should be more frequent.
    Wonder if anybody else have experience with B12 shots.

    I am low on B12 per my Genova test.
    it is surprise for me, blood at Quest have me at the top range.

    There are at least two types of B12.
    Methyl-cobalamin
    Cyano-cobalamin
    possibly more types.

    I just learned, methyl is the one to use.
    All my B12 supplements are cyano.

    Read on LEF site, methyl-cobalamin is ok sublingual, do not have to be shots.
  6. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,699
    Answers
    0


    Sublinguals are not as good IMO. You REALLY feel the boost from a Methyl B12 shot though.
  7. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Sublinguals are not as good IMO. You REALLY feel the boost from a Methyl B12 shot though.
    Yea , agreed! Be careful as b-12 can increase red blood cells....and test will do that as well. I didn't use b-12 on cycle.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  8. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Sublinguals are not as good IMO. You REALLY feel the boost from a Methyl B12 shot though.
    Size of shots, how often?
    Does the shot contain only Methyl B12 or there are some combinations of vitamins?
  9. Registered User
    Scottyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,002
    Answers
    0


    you can get a b-complex but b12 is the tough one to get absorbed through stomach. I know HAN also recommends folinic acid after 5 weeks or so, but Im not too up on that. Not just folic acid but folinic. WE have a thread going on the other site but it seemed to have died. I think it might be one of the missing links for me with thyroid, test, ed, stuff...esp. the still lingering extremity issues.
  10. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyo View Post
    you can get a b-complex but b12 is the tough one to get absorbed through stomach. I know HAN also recommends folinic acid after 5 weeks or so, but Im not too up on that. Not just folic acid but folinic. WE have a thread going on the other site but it seemed to have died. I think it might be one of the missing links for me with thyroid, test, ed, stuff...esp. the still lingering extremity issues.
    It is not even funny how much and what I am missing on my Genova tests.
    Those tests are functional, that is they are individualized.

    I have many vitamins and minerals tested using Quest's blood tests.
    By now they are all about right, close to top range.

    On Genova tests I am missing on lots of them.
  11. Registered User
    Scottyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,002
    Answers
    0


    i wonder if by taking b-vitamin supps you might be skewing blood tests. I remember I had a certain b vitamin or two tested way back by my bad doc....about an hour after i had taken a b complex. He told me, your test is high, stop taking vitamins.

    moron. also was teh same doc who wanted to diagnose based on body hair count.
  12. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyo View Post
    i wonder if by taking b-vitamin supps you might be skewing blood tests. I remember I had a certain b vitamin or two tested way back by my bad doc....about an hour after i had taken a b complex. He told me, your test is high, stop taking vitamins.

    moron. also was teh same doc who wanted to diagnose based on body hair count.
    urine-- current results, hourly fluctuations, early mornig void, 10hr history, 24 hr history taken
    blood-- current results plus couple of weeks history on some analytes
    blood-- red blood cels, packet erythrocytes, history up to month or little more
    hair-- they usually want from back of the head about 2-3 months growth, no bleaches or color, wash with Baby Johnson shampoo two weeks prior to cutting sample

    Interesting problem, when to take urine/blood sample while on all kinds of supplements and medications taken on variety of schedules.

    Worst or close to hopeless with saliva samples.

    Test kits at Genova Diagnostics come with some number of possiblilities depending on type of test, test objectives and few other variables.
    Advice is written and comes with a package.

    I am sure not all possibilities are covered.
    ============================== ========
    My last color was 10 weeks ago, 5 weeks ago shaved back of my head, now use only Baby Johnson shampoo.
    At the moment I still put shaping paste (only on front of my head).
    Getting ready for possible hair testing, still not sure if I want that, now, since I discovered NutriEval test.
  13. Registered User
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    How much and what kind B12 shots are you getting?
    Beats me..it's red in color though and it's a big shot. Good question, I'll have to ask next time.



    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    What is that you are taking on every two weeks schedule?
    B12
    T
    or both?
    Both

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    T every 2 weeks that is very infrequent.
    Possibly B12 also should be more frequent.
    Wonder if anybody else have experience with B12 shots.
    I get 100 mg/ml Test Cypt. shot every other week and a B-12 shot with it. I'm also using Androgel (5 g.) every other day. This combo seems to work very good for me. I also take ZMA every nite(3 caps) and I "cycle" [LOL] 6-OXO to help control E2.
    This with all the other supps I take.
  14. Registered User
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Sublinguals are not as good IMO. You REALLY feel the boost from a Methyl B12 shot though.
    I can't speak about the sublinguals but he is right about the B-12 shots!

    Thanks again JanSz . . . I do know I get name brand DEPO-Test (CYPT.) because I have seen the bottle. I will ask about what kind and how much B-12 I get and will update here next week. My General Physician is one of the best.
  15. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,699
    Answers
    0


    Usually 1cc of methyl b12 once per week is enough for most people though there might be some value in frontloading if you are really deficient. My MB12 is just pure MB12.
  16. Registered User
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Usually 1cc of methyl b12 once per week is enough for most people though there might be some value in frontloading if you are really deficient. My MB12 is just pure MB12.
    Hey bioman..I posted the color of the B-12 shot I get. What kind of B-12 am I getting, off hand? I will confirm next week.
  17. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0


    For decades, people have been injecting themselves with vitamin B12 because they thought oral supplements were not adequately absorbed. New research indicates that oral B12 supplements may be as good or better than injections

    Le Magazine, August 1999 - Report: B12: The Vital Vitamin

    Methylcobalamin, 1 Mg 60 (To Be Dissolved In The Mouth) Lozenges Vanilla

    Methylcobalamin (To Be Dissolved In The Mouth), 5 Mg 60 Lozenges


    The liver converts about 1% of ingested cyanocobalamin into methylcobalamin
  18. Registered User
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    For decades, people have been injecting themselves with vitamin B12 because they thought oral supplements were not adequately absorbed. New research indicates that oral B12 supplements may be as good or better than injections

    Le Magazine, August 1999 - Report: B12: The Vital Vitamin

    Methylcobalamin, 1 Mg 60 (To Be Dissolved In The Mouth) Lozenges Vanilla

    Methylcobalamin (To Be Dissolved In The Mouth), 5 Mg 60 Lozenges


    The liver converts about 1% of ingested cyanocobalamin into methylcobalamin
    I'll stick with the $9.00 B-12 shot..
  19. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,699
    Answers
    0


    Red can be either cyano or methyl.
  20. Registered User
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Red can be either cyano or methyl.
    So next week when I find out ..which one is the good one?? Methyl?

    EDIT: Nevermind I saw what you posted..Methyl ist the good choice.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Any sides from Cal Vet supply B-12 injectable
    By KSman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 04:13 PM
  2. Vitamin B-12 Injections
    By crozowns in forum Supplements
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 12:09 PM
  3. B-12 Injections
    By WannaGro in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 03:47 PM
  4. B-12 Injections
    By IntensePump in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 04:36 PM
  5. B-12 Injection Dosing
    By Jjaden in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 09:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in