KC HRT doctors

saloman

Awards
I'm in the Kansas City area, and I've used the links in the forum sticky to find a local doc who specializes in HRT, and I haven't had any luck finding any near me.
Does anyone know of a doc who specializes in this area in the KC area?

I'm giving up on my old doc who just doesn't seem interested in learning about HRT. I think he is under the impression that I want to abuse testosterone (which is not the case). I am currently at 423 free T (up from 213), and using 5mg/day Androgel. I'd like to up that to the upper 1/3rd of normal but I need a doc who understands this stuff to help me out.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the Kansas City area, and I've used the links in the forum sticky to find a local doc who specializes in HRT, and I haven't had any luck finding any near me.
Does anyone know of a doc who specializes in this area in the KC area?

I'm giving up on my old doc who just doesn't seem interested in learning about HRT. I think he is under the impression that I want to abuse testosterone (which is not the case). I am currently at 423 free T (up from 213), and using 5mg/day Androgel. I'd like to up that to the upper 1/3rd of normal but I need a doc who understands this stuff to help me out.
You have probably ment that you have
TotalT=423
up from 213

That is wery poor gain on 5grams of Androgel/day.

On top of testosterone problem, you most likely have thyroid problem.

Increasing Androgel will not give you desired results.

It is going to be tough to find out a doctor who have understanding of this problems.
It is your life, if you do not take action on you own,
it is going to be hard to find out somebody who will help you,
even if you have the required money or insurance.
You have to learn how to help your self.
Then you can inteligently talk with some receptive doctors and they will give you a script for what you may need.

Many folks have good experience with osteopats, many have bad experience with endocronologists.

GP's are hopefull, if you know what to ask for.
So, do not abandon you old doc.

Look at my post #56
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

for ideas on how to find a doc, look thru the rest of that thread.

Diancecht

Awards
You might want to consider getting a copy of Andropause by Malcolm Carruthers. Its a reasonabe treatise on Androgen replacement written by and for physicians. It might be a bit heavy in places for the layman but it lays out all the studies. It doesnt cover estrogen issues very well but otherwise is a good text.

Most of us dont get this backgroound in medical school. There are a lot of abusers out there and that tends to make us gunshy. Also there is that injunction in the Hippocratic Oath: First of all, do no harm....

Thats a big barrier for docs to get past and knowing the data would help a lot. So perhaps lending him a text like the above may be helpfull if he seems genuinely interested. Good luck.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
You might want to consider getting a copy of Andropause by Malcolm Carruthers. Its a reasonabe treatise on Androgen replacement written by and for physicians. It might be a bit heavy in places for the layman but it lays out all the studies. It doesnt cover estrogen issues very well but otherwise is a good text.

Most of us dont get this backgroound in medical school. There are a lot of abusers out there and that tends to make us gunshy. Also there is that injunction in the Hippocratic Oath: First of all, do no harm....

Thats a big barrier for docs to get past and knowing the data would help a lot. So perhaps lending him a text like the above may be helpfull if he seems genuinely interested. Good luck.
Between Hipocratic Oath and lack of education,
big pharma money making machine, and few other,
I think many men gets hurt, unnecessarily.

All the attention is on Testosterone

while the culprit Estrogen goes untreated.

Boggles my mind.

I have a friend in Poland,
operated prostate cancer, raising PSA, TT~700.

His testosterone is about to be extinguished.
Nobody worries that his Estrodial is over 60.
He does the E2 tests on my request not his doctors.

I myself am not able to convince him to do himself a favor and take hanfull of arimidex pills (figuratively speaking).

His breasts hurt, he probably is getting something going on there,
I have no heart to talk to him about it.

Now all they are going to accomplish is that hi will get osteoporosis.
============================================
end of rant
=============================================

I am looking for a help;

looking for a formulae that are used by Quest Diagnostics
to calculate
FreeT
and
BioAvailable Testosterone
based on known TT, Albumin and SHBG
-----------------------------

looking for similar formulae but for E2
---------------------------------------
I already have this:

-------------http://www.atypon-link.com/WDG/doi/pdf/10.1515/JLM.2006.050
-------------------------------------------
This works for FreeT but not really for BAT
Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator
-----------------------------------------------

also:

Age-Associated Discrepancy between Measured and Calculated Bioavailable Testosterone in Men -- Déchaud et al. 53 (4): 723 -- Clinical Chemistry
=============================================
This chart (I think) is from Andropause by Malcolm Carruthers, please confirm if you have the book.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/404images/17845d1184180689-jans-bloodtest-april13-drshippenchart.jpg

it is attachment to my post #41
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

MarkLA

Awards
looking for a formulae that are used by Quest Diagnostics
to calculate
FreeT
and
BioAvailable Testosterone
based on known TT, Albumin and SHBG
-----------------------------

looking for similar formulae but for E2
---------------------------------------
I'm pretty fuzzy on college calculus. It wasn't my best class even then.

However, for the more math inclined, I wonder if it's not possible for us to figure out this formula by using multiple data points. We have MANY Quest results which provide SHBG, TT, Albumin and FT. If FT is calculated, all of these results should fit the same formula.

Isn't this a case of Algebra: Multiple Variable Equations - Math for Morons Like Us ?

Mark

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty fuzzy on college calculus. It wasn't my best class even then.

However, for the more math inclined, I wonder if it's not possible for us to figure out this formula by using multiple data points. We have MANY Quest results which provide SHBG, TT, Albumin and FT. If FT is calculated, all of these results should fit the same formula.

Isn't this a case of Algebra: Multiple Variable Equations - Math for Morons Like Us ?

Mark
I am hoping to find out someone who may have a real insite into this problem.
I am sure Quest licked this problem somehow.

Even known formulae are not coming with the correct answer.
There is at least one additional variable, age.
But age is so vague from person to person,
most likely some kind of general heath status would be more likely.

Age-Associated Discrepancy between Measured and Calculated Bioavailable Testosterone in Men -- Déchaud et al. 53 (4): 723 -- Clinical Chemistry
Age-Associated Discrepancy between Measured and Calculated Bioavailable Testosterone in Men
=====================================
BAT is the most important number in all testosterone game that we are playng.
The more accurate the number the more chances we have for effective management of this problem.