hCG: blood test & cholesterol

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Long time reader, first time post....
Has anyone noticed a significant improvement in their cholesterol profile after initiating hCG therapy?

I began a protocol of hCG 500iu EOD and danazol 20mg ED over a month ago. Along with some modest improvements in my testosterone profile I scored a significant improvement in my cholesterol profile as noted on my blood test done about 30 days after starting the therapy.

I've had annual blood tests done for the last 5 years and my total cholesterol was always 230-250, , HDL 38-51, LDL 150-170. Not so great.

As luck would have it, my 2007 blood test was done just a few weeks before initiating hCG therapy and the results were "typical" for me: Total Cholesterol 240, HDL 52, LDL 158.

However, after 30 days of hCG therapy the test results (required for a life insurance application) were, IMO, striking: Total Cholesterol 189, HDL 59, LDL 119. My cholesterol/HDL ratio went from 4.3 to 3.3! A big improvement!
(all tests were done at Quest, were early morning fasting tests, and my diet/exercise/supplement regimine has not changed significantly over the last 3-5 years).

Anyone else seen such a fast and significant improvement in their cholesterol after initiating hCG protocol?

MarkLA

Awards
I've seen reports of improved lipids from others. I think this may have been from direct T supplementation. However, since HCG raises T, I'd guess it would work in the same way.

I think there was a Dr. John patient who had tried everything to lower his 300+ cholesterol. TRT (not sure if T+HCG or T alone), lowered him to 200ish.

The more I read, the more I see that low T is implicated in other conditions where at first one might think they are unrelated. (Lipids are one, diabetes is another)

Mark

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Test did improve

Yes my T did improve.

Before starting HCG/danazol my total test was 367, SHGB 57, and Free test (per chart) was 52 ng/dl. Estradiol was 32.
After 30 days of 500iu HCG EOD and Danazol 20mg ED my total test was 570, SHGB 39, and Free Test was 105 ng/dl (doubled). Estradiol DROPPED to 15 (danazol ?).

I feel better despite slight insomnia. My libido is up (from the toilet). Overall I felt like I was firing on 2 cylinders (out of 8) before starting treatment, and now I'm firing on at least 4.
Still a lot of room for improvement. Not sure if HCG alone will get me all the way there (I hope it does).

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Yes my T did improve.

Before starting HCG/danazol my total test was 367, SHGB 57, and Free test (per chart) was 52 ng/dl. Estradiol was 32.

After 30 days of 500iu HCG EOD and Danazol 20mg ED my total test was 570, SHGB 39, and Free Test was 105 ng/dl (doubled). Estradiol DROPPED to 15 (danazol ?).

I feel better despite slight insomnia. My libido is up (from the toilet). Overall I felt like I was firing on 2 cylinders (out of 8) before starting treatment, and now I'm firing on at least 4.
Still a lot of room for improvement. Not sure if HCG alone will get me all the way there (I hope it does).
Why not use Depo-Testosterone instead of Danazol?

You would need a lot of Testosterone because your SHBG is high.
Around 200mg/week.
Hopefully SHBG would drop with passing time and proper estradiol levels shoul also help to lower SHBG.
You could also use SHBG lowering supplements.

You could check other systems in your body.

Adrenals, thyroid, use blood and saliva tests.

Many others I would use Genova tests

NutriEval
EstroEssence

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
JanSz,
I have just started working with a Dr. (known to most of you here) and I need/intend to follow his protocol. Trying to fire up the furnace with HCG before resorting to pure TRT. That said, I will be ordering some of the tests you mentioned for my own interest and review results with the doc. I understand the importance you place on these tests (having lurked here for a while) and I appreciate your input.

I FEEL much better than when I started just 30 days ago. I realize that my Free T is still low but it did double, and my SHBG - which is still high - came down a lot. So I'm pretty satisfied. Libido is definitely up.

JanSz, what supps actually reduce SHBG? I know stinging nettle BINDS to SHBG, but what REDUCES it?

My current supps:
LEF Breast Health (anti-E)
Reservatrol
Calcium-D
Fish Oil
EP Oil
Hempseed Oil (thanks HAN)
LEF DHEA Complete (DHEA S is low)
pregnolone cream (thanks again HAN)
Vitamin D
Cissus (really helps with joints)
ZMA
Powerfull

Cortisol is high so I take:
Vitamin C
LEF Cognitex (contains phosphatidylserine)
Lean Extreme

I expect to talk to my Dr. soon to find out what adjustments he wants to make with the hCG as I just got my 30 day blood results back. To get to my desired Free T my Total T must approach the 900 range per "the chart". It will be interesting to see how far the hCG will get me. But in the end - for me- it will all be about how good I feel and not the # I hit, so the # is just a # to me and not an end in and of itself.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
JanSz,
I have just started working with a Dr. (known to most of you here) and I need/intend to follow his protocol. Trying to fire up the furnace with HCG before resorting to pure TRT. That said, I will be ordering some of the tests you mentioned for my own interest and review results with the doc. I understand the importance you place on these tests (having lurked here for a while) and I appreciate your input.

I FEEL much better than when I started just 30 days ago. I realize that my Free T is still low but it did double, and my SHBG - which is still high - came down a lot. So I'm pretty satisfied. Libido is definitely up.

JanSz, what supps actually reduce SHBG? I know stinging nettle BINDS to SHBG, but what REDUCES it?

My current supps:
LEF Breast Health (anti-E)
Reservatrol
Calcium-D
Fish Oil
EP Oil
Hempseed Oil (thanks HAN)
LEF DHEA Complete (DHEA S is low)
pregnolone cream (thanks again HAN)
Vitamin D
Cissus (really helps with joints)
ZMA
Powerfull

Cortisol is high so I take:
Vitamin C
LEF Cognitex (contains phosphatidylserine)
Lean Extreme

I expect to talk to my Dr. soon to find out what adjustments he wants to make with the hCG as I just got my 30 day blood results back. To get to my desired Free T my Total T must approach the 900 range per "the chart". It will be interesting to see how far the hCG will get me. But in the end - for me- it will all be about how good I feel and not the # I hit, so the # is just a # to me and not an end in and of itself.
Clearing out bad estrogens will help lower shbg.
Remember by increasin estrogen (The good bad or metabolized) liver will increase shbg as way to excrete it.
Thats a known fact.

With hemp evening primose is not needed your wasting your money.

Keep everything nice in balance and it will work it self out in the end ..with hemp there is not estrogenic properties like flax seed oil. Perilla oil is also good and non estrogenic. Walnuts also help lower estrogen too so wallnut oil is good. So in articles I have read omega 3 deficeincy cause estrogen imbalnaces. By taking fish oils we are not replacing the parent EFA's and that is an important part of cellmembrane

Livebetter

Awards
I am probably the Dr. John Patient that MarkLA was referring to. 80MG Testosterone once a week and 250iu HCG. Cholesterol dropped from 346 to 195 in 5 months. LDL and HDL in range. We are still tracking down abnormally high E but all is well.

Interestingly enough I got started becasue of a bad Insurance Exam / Rating. The protocol is also fixing up some wacky liver numbers, GammaGT.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Why not use Depo-Testosterone instead of Danazol?.
JanSz,
Because - being on a purely HCG protocol at this point - I think he is only using the Danazol as an anti-E and to lower SHBG which, in my case, seems to have worked (E went from 32 to 15 while Test went UP).

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Clearing out bad estrogens will help lower shbg.
HAN,
So cutting my E (32 to 15) actually reduced my SHBG (57 to 39) in and of itself?
How do I continue to lower SHBG (which is still high) when my E is only 15? Don't want to reduce E much further, correct?

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Interestingly enough I got started becasue of a bad Insurance Exam / Rating. The protocol is also fixing up some wacky liver numbers, GammaGT.
LiveBetter,
Funny, I actually stumbled on my cholesterol improvement because of an insurance exam. I just happened to be into the HCG for about 30 days when the insurance co. ordered the blood test. I asked for a copy (like I usually do) and when I got it I almost fell over.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
HAN,
So cutting my E (32 to 15) actually reduced my SHBG (57 to 39) in and of itself?
How do I continue to lower SHBG (which is still high) when my E is only 15? Don't want to reduce E much further, correct?
I had low e2 and elevated bad estrogens so this disproves the theory that choking off e2 lowers bad estrogens because estrones can be converted from other hormonal factors ..

Nest step is to test 2,16,4, hydroxyestrones and 4 methylesterones via estro essence testing . Here is the tricky part 50% of popuilation are undermethyators so what looks perfectily normal in the blood tells a whole different out look with in the cells. So why has cancer risen ? Well through our life style, dietary, enviormental, fast paced life we are causing this metabolic shift and kicking on the gene for these genetic mutations to happen which could have been prevented in the first place. Research Genomes and dna polymorphisms and you will see the link I have always been stressing.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Nest step is to test 2,16,4, hydroxyestrones and 4 methylesterones via estro essence testing .
HAN,
Yeah, I see JanSz always talking about this test too. I went to the Genova website but didn't see where I could order the test. Does doctor have to order? (I'm used to ordering my own blood tests at LEF).

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
HAN,
Yeah, I see JanSz always talking about this test too. I went to the Genova website but didn't see where I could order the test. Does doctor have to order? (I'm used to ordering my own blood tests at LEF).

LEF actually has a estrogen metabolisn test avaialble now. but I do not think it has methylated metabolites. The other lab needs to be called by dr and its actually cost non insurance for the lab would be about 120 -130 bucks..
each test is like 28 bucks you need 4 of them..I have the prince list and that the list they charge for insurance if you offered cash i bet you get it for 20-30 % cheaper !!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
JanSz,

Avena Sativa
Urtica dioica aka Stinging nettle
Muira Puama

Ultra Natural Prostate with 5-Loxin® and Standardized Lignans
Ultra Natural Prostate With 5-Loxin® And Standardized Lignans, 60 Softgels

Super MiraForte with Maximum Strength Chrysin
Super Miraforte With Max Strength Chrysin, 120 Caps
======================================================================

Ask your doc to open account at Genova Diagnostics,

it is free and unobstrusive to a doctor
provide education to doctor so he knows what tests to order
provide help in identifying proper ICD-9 codes so insurance is easier to deal with
they fill up the insurance papers
doc can call or use computer and next day you have proper test kit at your doorsteps
you urinate, fill up papers, call DHL and they come to pick it up
if you know of anything that can be made easier, plese let me know.

Note;
If you do Genova testing, quite few items on my blood test list at Quest, can be dropped.
Genova's tests are "functional", they provide the unique personal picture,
not general population average requirements, as Quest does.

fazzbo

Awards
Natural cholesterol remedy

These are really good results.

I got good results too by taking Licolife.
Have you heard about that drug.
It's based on the Licorice roots and help me to lower my cholesterol.

You can find information about it in:
e-newcells.com
if you're interested.