I do believe...

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
the shots "kicked in" today...

woke up for the first day since androgel ended with the famous morning one....

didn't need to get my self going in the AM, I was up and ready to roll.

I don't know if its mental but the morning hello wasn't

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Glad to hear that it is working for you.

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
so far so good jansz...

I'm using the liquidex on the day of shots.. brutal tasting stuff man

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
oh really?

I have to get that next time.

I think the brand I had was icy hot in a previous life.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
so far so good jansz...

I'm using the liquidex on the day of shots.. brutal tasting stuff man
It tells me that you do not drink hard drinks and definitely no straight alcohol (180 or 190 proof).

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear. How long did it take? I've been on t cyp for 8 weeks and feel nothing

Good to here that the process is helping someone!

I started w/ .5m of 100mg T cyp a good 8 weeks ago and saw T actually DROP from a pre TRT level of 200 +/- to 129. WTF??!!?? Switched to .5ml of 200mg T cyp ad went all the way to 270 Woo-hoo!! (sarcasm intended...) Then upped to .4mL 2x/week 2 weeks ago and still feel not much. Little morning wood, almost always fatigued and frequently mentally "down". Throughout this I do 300iu of hcg 2X/week.

Estrogen is constantly under 32, so I cannot see that it may be an issue.

With the above in mind, how long did it take you to see these effects?

I'll be putting a duplicate of this in my journal to update it.

BigAk

Awards
  • Established

I started w/ .5m of 100mg T cyp a good 8 weeks ago and saw T actually DROP from a pre TRT level of 200 +/- to 129. WTF??!!?? Switched to .5ml of 200mg T cyp ad went all the way to 270 Woo-hoo!! (sarcasm intended...) Then upped to .4mL 2x/week 2 weeks ago and still feel not much. Little morning wood, almost always fatigued and frequently mentally "down". Throughout this I do 300iu of hcg 2X/week.

Anyman... How in the world you injecting all this test/hcg but still in the low range?? How is that even possible.... Any good explanation??

BigAk

Awards
  • Established

I get morning wood often but not when I wake up in the morning.. I usually wake up in the middle of the night with it (like around 3 or 4am)... but after I go back to sleep it goes away... then I never get it again when I wake up around 7:30 or 8am... Does this qualify as AM wood? I'm getting it in the AM hours!!! LOL

Anyway.. Congratulations Rugby... :D

anyman

Awards
  • Established
I would LOVE to hear an explanation for why it isn't working yet.

Anyman... How in the world you injecting all this test/hcg but still in the low range?? How is that even possible.... Any good explanation??
I am PO'd at the lack of results. Any ideas?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Let me explain.

Way to small dose.

Is not even worth poking and wasting time doing those shots.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Jan- How so? A ful .4mL of 200mg T cyp is what, 160mg week?

Let me explain.

Way to small dose.

Is not even worth poking and wasting time doing those shots.
Please explain-how is this so little. Fills the syringe almost half full. Or, am I missing something?

wondering

Awards
yes,80mg 2x weel = 160mg a week + HCG... wow NOT a small amount. Curious sounds like you havent been rested at this new level.

Be shocked if your numbers weren;t much better and maybe your issue isnt Test afterall... what are your Adrenal and Thyroid numbers.

Please explain-how is this so little. Fills the syringe almost half full. Or, am I missing something?

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Retest set for Wed. My subjective "why do I still feel crappy" meter says I am off.

Yup, I take 160mg 2X/week and 300iu of hcg 2x/wk. Gotta say, I am VERY puzzled. My Cortisol is consistently elevated, which the Dr thinks will get better when T rises. I am not so sure.....

yes,80mg 2x weel = 160mg a week + HCG... wow NOT a small amount. Curious sounds like you havent been rested at this new level.

Be shocked if your numbers weren;t much better and maybe your issue isnt Test afterall... what are your Adrenal and Thyroid numbers.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
You have to be precise,
I have syringes at home
3/10cc
1/2cc
1cc
3cc
10cc
--------------------
If you have a vial of testosterone with right desription,
if it is bootleged it may have something else inside of it.

Many possibilities.

Tell me your SHBG and I will estimate better dose of good testosterone.
It is up to you to get it and do proper shots.

Devil is usually in the details.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Yup, I take 160mg 2X/week and 300iu of hcg 2x/wk. Gotta say, I am VERY puzzled. My Cortisol is consistently elevated, which the Dr thinks will get better when T rises. I am not so sure.....
describe the testosterone you are using
describe when you draw blood
your TT on that schedule

If everything above is ok;;;

If you are taking twice a week 160mg that is 320mg per week

the whole thing does not make sense,
wait
what is your weight? If you are 300 or 400# different story
======================================
You are probably taking 160mg/week

still not consistent with your results.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
I am taking 160 mg/week (more)

I fill a 1 mL syringe to .4 twice per week. Sun and Thurs PM. hcg @ 300 units is done on Wed and Sat PM.

The T is name brand Depo-T.

SHBG is always around 12.

Damned if I can figure out why it's not yet working....

I usually draw up on a Wed AM around 8AM

You have to be precise,
I have syringes at home
3/10cc
1/2cc
1cc
3cc
10cc
--------------------
If you have a vial of testosterone with right desription,
if it is bootleged it may have something else inside of it.

Many possibilities.

Tell me your SHBG and I will estimate better dose of good testosterone.
It is up to you to get it and do proper shots.

Devil is usually in the details.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I fill a 1 mL syringe to .4 twice per week. Sun and Thurs PM. hcg @ 300 units is done on Wed and Sat PM.

So far I got:
SHBG=12
I have a hard time to follow how much testosterone you have taken and for how long.

How long are you on this new dose of 160mg/week (twice/week schedule)?
You have to be minimum 6 weeks to be sure.

I think that you should draw blood on day of the shot, time of the shot before shot.
You are not following that requirement.
But that should give you (false) but higher reading, so you are even worst of than you think.

You have a low SHBG=12
My table tells me that you should start with about 120mg/week
120 889 xx13 300 xx23 250

Your dose is much larger and it may drive your SHBG even lower.
No telling about your messed up estrogen status.
-----------------
Low SHBG signifies other issues that you may possibly sort out with the use of Genova tests:

NutriEval
Estroessence

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. Sounds like I am pretty much screwed.

So far I got:
SHBG=12
I have a hard time to follow how much testosterone you have taken and for how long.

How long are you on this new dose of 160mg/week (twice/week schedule)?
You have to be minimum 6 weeks to be sure.

I think that you should draw blood on day of the shot, time of the shot before shot.
You are not following that requirement.
But that should give you (false) but higher reading, so you are even worst of than you think.

You have a low SHBG=12
My table tells me that you should start with about 120mg/week
120 889 xx13 300 xx23 250

Your dose is much larger and it may drive your SHBG even lower.
No telling about your messed up estrogen status.
-----------------
Low SHBG signifies other issues that you may possibly sort out with the use of Genova tests:

NutriEval
Estroessence
Thank you, Jan, for your insights and comments. However, the more I listen, the more I begin to wonder if this entire exercise is an exercise in futility, even though I have been on the 160mg/week does for only about 3 weeks. Dr S has me re-test every 3 weeks and then adjust thereafter.

In short, I am beginning to think this might be pointless and need to vent a bit.

Many guys take a little T and feel better. I am supposed to do, what, draw 3-4x/ week and spend the rest of my life endlessly fiddling with a never quite right series of drugs, supplements and more? Does not sound like anything even approaching a "normal" life or one I care to deal with. I can only hope I didn't pass on any potentially defective genes to my daughters.....

TRT is supposed to be a way to a more normal life. I am reluctant to turn it into a 2nd job as BigAK has alluded to. All this nonsense seems just too much at times. Tens of thousands of guys who are low on T slap on some Androgel and off they go, feeling much better. They don't spend as much time as it took to produce the Manhatten project. Sorry, if I seem down, but I am getting REALLY pissed at all this BS and my body's defects and weakness. I thought that almost 5 months after seeing Dr S for the first time that I'd be further along. He is supposed to be one of the pre-eminent authorities in this area. If he can't fix it, who can?

Not sure what to do, but I will be having the next blood draw on Wed, 12/12 and WILL be bringing all this up with Dr Shippen when I follow up with him to see what the hell is going on. In the interim, I will be checking into the tests you mention. Never heard of them, but can and will mention them to him.

Thanks again. I just need to calm down before I take my shot this evening.......

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
jansz..... when I was a bartender I drank a LOT

even to this day, shots rule the roost, but liquidex tastes like a*ss

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thank you, Jan, for your insights and comments. However, the more I listen, the more I begin to wonder if this entire exercise is an exercise in futility, even though I have been on the 160mg/week does for only about 3 weeks. Dr S has me re-test every 3 weeks and then adjust thereafter.

In short, I am beginning to think this might be pointless and need to vent a bit.

Many guys take a little T and feel better. I am supposed to do, what, draw 3-4x/ week and spend the rest of my life endlessly fiddling with a never quite right series of drugs, supplements and more? Does not sound like anything even approaching a "normal" life or one I care to deal with. I can only hope I didn't pass on any potentially defective genes to my daughters.....

TRT is supposed to be a way to a more normal life. I am reluctant to turn it into a 2nd job as BigAK has alluded to. All this nonsense seems just too much at times. Tens of thousands of guys who are low on T slap on some Androgel and off they go, feeling much better. They don't spend as much time as it took to produce the Manhatten project. Sorry, if I seem down, but I am getting REALLY pissed at all this BS and my body's defects and weakness. I thought that almost 5 months after seeing Dr S for the first time that I'd be further along. He is supposed to be one of the pre-eminent authorities in this area. If he can't fix it, who can?

Not sure what to do, but I will be having the next blood draw on Wed, 12/12 and WILL be bringing all this up with Dr Shippen when I follow up with him to see what the hell is going on. In the interim, I will be checking into the tests you mention. Never heard of them, but can and will mention them to him.

Thanks again. I just need to calm down before I take my shot this evening.......
Not sure what to do,

how about following procedure to the letter.

Look at the see-saw pictures on attachment to my post here, post #21:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/404images/17617d1182195226-jans-bloodtest-april13-1000mg-week-tcypionate.jpg

===========================================
At some point do Genova tests,
NutriEval and Estroessence.

But first stabilize as best as you can

T
E
thyroid

Diancecht

Awards

Could you clarify the dosage on the depo-t. You said have used 100mg/ml and 200ml/cc. Which one are you doing .4cc twice per week. Also as JanS asked what is your bodyweight as that could also affect dosage.

rick055

Awards
  • Established

RH,

How long after the first shot did you feel it kick in?

I did my first shot (200 mg t-cyp) on Saturday at about noon. I go to 100 mg for my next shot on Saturday.

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
rick... I would say by the beginning of the 2nd week I felt better. I had a down time of a couple weeks after being off the androgel and on the shots.

I will say it is a more edgy feeling than transdermals, thats for sure.