question for dr john chrislers patients

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
when you get bloodwork done...does dr chrisler just send u the requisition form or w/e u call it and then u take it to you family doc?

what do u tell ur family doc?

itd seems weird to just be like uhh another doc has me on hrt, can u order these tests here he has on the paper

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Most of us (or at least a lot) of us just do it through Crisler and not family doc. And he usually just calls/faxes the order in. And then go to labcorp/quest center or anywhere (like a hospital) where you can get blood done.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
when you get bloodwork done...does dr chrisler just send u the requisition form or w/e u call it and then u take it to you family doc?

what do u tell ur family doc?

itd seems weird to just be like uhh another doc has me on hrt, can u order these tests here he has on the paper

I pay for everything out of pocket so he tells me what tests to have done, and I get them done myself through a discount source. When I get the results, I email them to him.

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
Kim faxes in my blood work request to my family practice. I go there and draw blood and they file it through my insurance. I pay nothing for blood work.

Urine tests though, I am having to pay out of pocket since Riehn's is not in my network and they don't even file insurance... This part sucks.... :D

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Kim faxes in my blood work request to my family practice. I go there and draw blood and they file it through my insurance. I pay nothing for blood work.

Urine tests though, I am having to pay out of pocket since Riehn's is not in my network and they don't even file insurance... This part sucks.... :D
Genova Diagnostics give their doctors charts with sets of ICD-9 codes that are apropriate for each of their tests.
Genova is doing the filling to insurance.
Their test report contain the usual results
but also
suggestions for corrective action.
So the discussions of what to take and how much is reduced to minimum or nothing.

The RheinLab test would corespond to

Estroessence test at Genova.

Genova Diagnostics EstroEssence

RheinLabs are local laboratory.
Genova is present world wide.

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
Genova Diagnostics give their doctors charts with sets of ICD-9 codes that are apropriate for each of their tests.
Genova is doing the filling to insurance.
Their test report contain the usual results
but also
suggestions for corrective action.
So the discussions of what to take and how much is reduced to minimum or nothing.

The RheinLab test would corespond to

Estroessence test at Genova.

Genova Diagnostics EstroEssence

RheinLabs are local laboratory.
Genova is present world wide.
That's good to know Jan... If there's a next time, I will suggest to Dr. John that... Thank you for your info.

I also had to pay out of pocket for the organic acid test.... :( despite the fact that I have one of the best insurance plans through my work and I pay top dollar for it.

Livebetter

Awards
Doc just sends mine to the Lab. I always check with them before going but we haven't gotten messed up yet.

I work for a company that is self insured but the program is administered through Beechstreet. Originally they would not cover the HRT Treatment and Testing. However, after seeing the incredible benefits in my Liver Enzymes and Cholesterol Levels they agreed to an "override" and now fund everything. My Test is $3, my HCG is $3 and all of my Urine / Blood Work is free.

It wasn't an easy process but well worth it.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
That's good to know Jan... If there's a next time, I will suggest to Dr. John that... Thank you for your info.

I also had to pay out of pocket for the organic acid test.... :( despite the fact that I have one of the best insurance plans through my work and I pay top dollar for it.
Does anyone else have feedback on the organic acids test and insurance? Anyone have it covered? Im just getting mine back soon and hoping my insurance will pick it up.

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone else have feedback on the organic acids test and insurance? Anyone have it covered? Im just getting mine back soon and hoping my insurance will pick it up.
My insurance would have covered my organic acid test if it was ordered by a doctor who's in network. Unfortunately Dr. John does not deal with insurance at all...

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
My insurance would have covered my organic acid test if it was ordered by a doctor who's in network. Unfortunately Dr. John does not deal with insurance at all...
All he have to do is call Genova and ask to ship the test kit overnight to your door steps, (1 minute call).
Cost him zero, they process the insurance papers, before that they tell him what ICD-9 codes to use to grease the skids with insurance.

Or fly to UK, they do not ask for scripts there, just $$.
You can acces results via computer.

Got me thinking, if they would ship it to NJ from UK?

Anybody willing to check?

1cc

Awards
I pay for everything out of pocket so he tells me what tests to have done, and I get them done myself through a discount source. When I get the results, I email them to him.
Where do you get your labs done and what prices are you paying? Thanks.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established

I have been going through these guys. Their prices are about like LEF's non-member prices.

I used to go through LEf but I got tired of all of their mistakes and the long delays. From the time you place the order till the time you get your results can be weeks.

With Direct Labs, they email you the request the same day you place the oreder, you go to the nearest LabCorp and they generally email you your results in no more than a few days. If its commonplace stuff like chemistry or CBC, you usually get it the next day.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
When going through Dr. John will he submit your prescriptions to a pharmacy? Or do you have to purchase the meds through him?

I thought I heard that he'll send to a pharmacy and then an insurance company would usually pay for them.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
When going through Dr. John will he submit your prescriptions to a pharmacy? Or do you have to purchase the meds through him?

I thought I heard that he'll send to a pharmacy and then an insurance company would usually pay for them.

He's very flexible - basically, however you want to do it. The meds from his source are pretty attractively priced, but if you have a source you would rather use, he will write a script or phone it in. He charges to phone the script in - $15.00, I think.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
You can order you lab work on line especially the organic acids and amino acid urine test. Hit me up for the link