Progesterone Cream

galapagos

Awards
I'm just curious if anyone knows of any instances in which progesterone cream has helped men with hormonal issues. There is speculation that it may in some instance be effective in treating men with finasteride-induced issues. I've also heard it may help in the remyelination process. Anyone know anything about progesterone cream?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I'm just curious if anyone knows of any instances in which progesterone cream has helped men with hormonal issues. There is speculation that it may in some instance be effective in treating men with finasteride-induced issues. I've also heard it may help in the remyelination process. Anyone know anything about progesterone cream?
Is this deja vu :fart:

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
I don't think that progesterone cream for men is a really good idea at all

Joejoebaggins

Joejoebaggins

Awards
From Dr. John

"Nandi" is completely mistaken on the progesterone issue. Progesterone opposes DHT and increases the effects of estrogen. Progesterone can, on its own, cause gynocomastia. It is for women, not men.

Roger Mason is just not someone anyone should listen to.

Progesterone is "ignored" here because it has no place in male Anti-Aging Medicine. Except, perhaps, for the transgendered.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The benefits of progesterone are not limited to women. Excess estrogen can be associated with benign hyperplasia and prostate cancer. Progesterone administration inhibits the aromatase enzyme responsible for the conversion of testosterone to estrogenic compounds that produce prostate cell mutation. Progesterone reduces the production 4-hydroxyestrone, a mutagenic form of estrogen, while enhancing the production of cancer-preventing estriol. Consequently, progesterone replacement for men, implemented at lower doses than for women, can potentially prevent prostate cancer and, in principle, boost free testosterone levels. Furthermore, progesterone use can help boost bone density in men, a useful event for aging men, as well as help protect brain cells against so-called hyper-excitotoxicity.

So, in principle, the use of progesterone cream is not limited to women. Such use by men should, in my opinion, be supervised by a knowledgeable medical practitioner to obtain maximum benefits.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
The benefits of progesterone are not limited to women. Excess estrogen can be associated with benign hyperplasia and prostate cancer. Progesterone administration inhibits the aromatase enzyme responsible for the conversion of testosterone to estrogenic compounds that produce prostate cell mutation. Progesterone reduces the production 4-hydroxyestrone, a mutagenic form of estrogen, while enhancing the production of cancer-preventing estriol. Consequently, progesterone replacement for men, implemented at lower doses than for women, can potentially prevent prostate cancer and, in principle, boost free testosterone levels. Furthermore, progesterone use can help boost bone density in men, a useful event for aging men, as well as help protect brain cells against so-called hyper-excitotoxicity.

So, in principle, the use of progesterone cream is not limited to women. Such use by men should, in my opinion, be supervised by a knowledgeable medical practitioner to obtain maximum benefits.
How about testing it and making attempt at adjusting if neccesary. My results:

8/30/2007 .----------------- 0.8 ng/mL (<1.4)
4/13/2007 .----------------- 1.4 ng/mL (<1.4)
10/31/2006 .---------------- 1.4 ng/mL (<1.4)
5/5/2006 .------------------ 1.3 ng/mL (<1.4)
8/26/2005 .----------------- 1.9 ng/mL (<1.4)
Table from page 242 P.E Miller MD, Optimal Range (1.5-2.0)

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Simple solution use pregenolone instead END OF STORY !!
It gets converted through the skin to pregenonolone

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Simple solution use pregenolone instead END OF STORY !!
It gets converted through the skin to pregenonolone
Pregnenolone is synthesized into other hormones such as DHEA, estrogen, and so on. Plus their many metabolites, too. So, you may not necessarily know how much of the other hormones you would get from a typical dose of pregnenolone. Over- and under-dosing may be unavoidable without periodic tests.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Pregnenolone is synthesized into other hormones such as DHEA, estrogen, and so on. Plus their many metabolites, too. So, you may not necessarily know how much of the other hormones you would get from a typical dose of pregnenolone. Over- and under-dosing may be unavoidable without periodic tests.
Do we have any idea how much or how reliably pregnenolone lowers DHT?

Especially a compounded preg?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do we have any idea how much or how reliably pregnenolone lowers DHT?

Especially a compounded preg?
Pregnenolone does not lower DHT. DHEA is a Dihydrostestosterone (DHT) precursor. There are other DHEA metabolites, too.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Pregenonlone does lower dht through increasing progresterone.
The guys at primordial performance said the same thing.

I'm just wondering how much.

My DHT is high on transdermals right now, and I'm concerned about hair loss.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
The guys at primordial performance said the same thing.

I'm just wondering how much.

My DHT is high on transdermals right now, and I'm concerned about hair loss.
Every one's body chemistry is different so there is no calculated formula for this other then add 100 mgs then test in 4 weeks to see if it lowers it .. Honestly if dht is a problem then goto shots..

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Honestly if dht is a problem then goto shots..
My immediate concern is hair.

I have heard that serum DHT is not necessarily a good indicator for what happens in the body, especially in light of last years study from atlanta (DHT doubled, no increase in prostate DHT).

I am already a little thin in the crown. I use all the topicals and don't want to, read: won't, use finasteride.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
My immediate concern is hair.

I have heard that serum DHT is not necessarily a good indicator for what happens in the body, especially in light of last years study from atlanta (DHT doubled, no increase in prostate DHT).

I am already a little thin in the crown. I use all the topicals and don't want to, read: won't, use .
finasteride will make your body free up higher e2 levels through what mechanism i do not know but from people I have spoke to it will increase free estrogen by lowering the dht which protects on body against it.