Super high DHEA - blood test results

1. Registered User
    Answers

Super high DHEA - blood test results

I posted a link but somebody took it off. I have a problem with high DHEA (100% over the top range). All my blood test results and health history can be seen here:

www DOT corpdns DOT net/temp/users/highdhea

Any ideas?

I'm hoping to see Dr. John in person.. maybe he can help?

Thanks.

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HighDHEA View Post
    I posted a link but somebody took it off. I have a problem with high DHEA (100% over the top range). All my blood test results and health history can be seen here:

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    insulin resistance, infection (lyme, epstein bar, ect VD) or reaction to some other type of stress you have been exposed to. in past 3-6 months. Look for cause not symptoms. High dhea is a symoptoms of the cause maily ones I mentioned previous
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    insulin resistance, infection (lyme, epstein bar, ect VD) or reaction to some other type of stress you have been exposed to. in past 3-6 months. Look for cause not symptoms. High dhea is a symoptoms of the cause maily ones I mentioned previous
    Does psychological stress count? I certainly have enough of that. Insulin is good.. fasting insulin was almost too low. There's no obvious signs of illness / infection though.
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

Does psychological stress count? I certainly have enough of that. Insulin is good.. fasting insulin was almost too low. There's no obvious signs of illness / infection though.
    YEP STRESS ENCOMPASSES ALL THINGS

Work on stabilizing your sympathtetic systems by inhibiting glutamte release which is also a excitory neurion that is released in stressful events. Best solution is to identify the issue and recify it or remove it. Add some ZMA in there because stress depelted essential minerals leading to depression and other illnesse and hormonal cascades
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    I posted my opinion, spend good 20 minutes on it, whole post disappeared.
    Sorry HighDHEA.
    I this it is sick, there was nothing suspect on what I posted, no links just words.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    I posted my opinion, spend good 20 minutes on it, whole post disappeared.
    Sorry HighDHEA.
    I this it is sick, there was nothing suspect on what I posted, no links just words.
    I got so ticked off when they deleted your post. He could have removed the two links instead (from the other posts). I had your text open, then had to run to a doctor visit. By the time I got back my page had refreshed and all the text was gone. I have no clue what you wrote, but it looked like a lot of info
  7. Registered User
    Answers

I got so ticked off when they deleted your post. He could have removed the two links instead (from the other posts). I had your text open, then had to run to a doctor visit. By the time I got back my page had refreshed and all the text was gone. I have no clue what you wrote, but it looked like a lot of info
    I am working to give you my answer again, I will also PM it to you, so do not worry.

If that makes you feel any better, it is not the first time that posts or whole threads were removed.

I would say that quite few for no good reason at all.
    I lost few very valuable (to me) posts.

The other board is not any beter.
    Now, from time to time I save whole threads or individual posts to MHT file.

In my MS-IE I go to
    File
    save as
    and save in MHT format (one page)

Unfortunately lately my menu bar got screved and I cannot get to "File"

Any suggestions.

I have all kind of junk on my menu bar there,
    how to get rid of it;
    individually
    summarily, to start MS-IE fresh as in day #1
  8. Registered User
    Answers

My opinion, I am not a doctor.

HighDHEA
    I am using your blood test results as posted by you here:
    http://www.corpdns.net/temp/users/highdhea/

At the moment I have no theory about high DHEA, possibly outlier, bad test??

Too bad I do not see SHBG and DHT.
    Assume that you are within normal range on DHT.
    Testim is not working for you, common for people with thyroid problem.
    You have to go back to shots of Testosterone.
    You have to do it E3D better E2D, alternating T & hcg shots.
    You have to do injections your self, using smallest available needle for either shot.
    The smallest that I know of 31ga 5/16" long 3/10cc
    This is really small and painless and you do not worry about getting test into your blood stream.
    Draw test into syringe with the same needle, do not worry that it takes 2 or 3 minutes to draw.
    Your goal is
    FreeT~300
    as read from dr Shippen's chart, post #41
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007
    That is really a shortcut and approximation for general public.
    People who could use Quest Diagnostics to do their blood testing would use this test:

Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)

output of this test is this:
    67 /------------------------------------ Testosterone Total (included in T panel)
    68 /------------------------------------ Testosterone Free(included in T panel)
    69 /------------------------------------ Testosterone Bioavailable(included in T panel)
    70 /------------------------------------ SHBG(included in T panel)
    71 /------------------------------------ Albumin, serum(included in T panel)

you then want to be at the top, usually BAT, so you may be slightly high on FreeT

Adjusting T dose is an iterative process. I do not have your SBBG to make a better guess for your T dose.
    If I had it, I would use table on post #40

You can safey start at 100-140mg/week, but you have to stick with what you do, and do not change it untill next test (6 weeks to 3 months).
    For ease of communication, we always talk about average weekly dose and then recalculate that dose to get size of individual T shot.
    Assume you are using Depo_testosterone 200mg/mL density. You can get 30mL vial for $100, dirt cheap and all legal, will last almost a year.
    100mg/week=100/200=0.5cc/week---->0.5/7*2=0.2cc/E2D~14.5 units on insuline syringe
    140mg/week=140/200=0.7cc/week---->0.7/7*2=0.143cc/E2d=20 units on insuline syringe

On days that you do not do T shots, do HCG 250iu

Testosterone shots are known to increase E2 level more than transdermals would do.
    So far your E2 did not looked bad either on shots or testim, but you have never got enough T.
    Keep Arimidex or better Liquidex handy.
    If the blood test shows that you have to use it, start with 0.3cc/E2D on days of T shot
    that equals 0.3*7/3=1.05 Arimidex pill/week
    make adjustments from there, in 0.1cc increments.
    Use syringe with cut off needle to measure Liquidex, you may have to widen the tip or remove needle completely when the remains of the needle gets clogged.
    Use this test from Quest to guide you.

Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)

output of this test is:

59 /------------------------------------ Estradiol, Free (Males (Adult): < or = 0.45 pg/mL )
    60 /------------------------------------ Estradiol (Males (Adult): < or = 29 pg/mL)

Aim at FreeE2 to be no less and no more than 10-20% higher than 0.45 (0.45 - 0.6) (my personal experience, your mileage may differ)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You need good test for Thyroid.
    37--- T3 Free <<<--------------
    38 T3 uptake
    39 T3,Total
    40--- T4,Free <<<-------------
    41 T4,Total
    42 TSH
    43--- Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies (7260X) <<<----------

The 25mcg Levoxyl that you are taking helps your
    FreeT4=1.66ng/dL(0.61-1.76)
    You have to figure out what is your
    FreeT3 and keep it on the top range with the use of Armour Thyroid.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once a year I do blood test at Quest, see list on post # 44
    Last time it cost me $6 and change out of pocket, insurance =Medicare.

Every 2-4 x/year I do shorter tests, see attachment to post # 62

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attac...aug30-2007.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lately I am digging deeper using tests from Genova, see post # 44 below blood test list.

My short list is Estroessence, check bad estrones.
    ---
    longer list
    Estroessence
    ONE
    ----------
    Full bore
    GDX ONE - Optimal Nutrition Evaluation
    The ONE - Optimal Nutrition Evaluation - consists of:
    Metabolic Analysis
    Amino Acid Analysis
    Oxidative Stress Analysis

Essential & Metabolic fatty acid Analysis,
    EstroEssence
    Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA 2.0)
    Comprehensive Detoxification Profile.
    Hair Elemental Analysis

I just shaved back of my head in preparation for hair analysis.

============================== ==================== ======
    Good luck
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    My opinion, I am not a doctor.
    This is excellent info - thank you very much for this!!

I will check SHBG and DHT. Too bad I didn't get that before TRT. I'm considering going back to injections w/ HCG. I was getting 21g needles and those where like someone sticking a meat injector from the kitchen into my ass.

OK thanks - I'm going to keep my eye on estrogen/estradiol levels.

I saw my endocrinologist today and she would not order a CT or MRI for the adreanals. She was 99% certain its not the adrenals. She said that testosterone can be converted BACK INTO DHEA. I did not understand how that is possible. I thought it was a one-way street from DHEA -> androstenedione -> testosterone by means of two enzymes. She thinks that either the testim gel is causing a backup of DHEA, or that my system doesn't need high-normal levels of T (perhaps I'm a low T individual) so it converts it back to DHEA. Is this possible?!

Thanks,
    Richard
  10. Registered User
    Answers

This is excellent info - thank you very much for this!!

I will check SHBG and DHT. Too bad I didn't get that before TRT. I'm considering going back to injections w/ HCG. I was getting 21g needles and those where like someone sticking a meat injector from the kitchen into my ass.

OK thanks - I'm going to keep my eye on estrogen/estradiol levels.

I saw my endocrinologist today and she would not order a CT or MRI for the adreanals. She was 99% certain its not the adrenals. She said that testosterone can be converted BACK INTO DHEA. I did not understand how that is possible. I thought it was a one-way street from DHEA -> androstenedione -> testosterone by means of two enzymes. She thinks that either the testim gel is causing a backup of DHEA, or that my system doesn't need high-normal levels of T (perhaps I'm a low T individual) so it converts it back to DHEA. Is this possible?!
    Thanks,
    Richard
    I think it is BS.
    But you talk to your endo gently, she is your source of scripts.

If you do the whole blood test list that I have given you (whole $6) you may find some clue.
    If that does not help, I will be suggesting tests at Genova in order that I listed in my previous post.
    Tests from Genova come with detailed recomendations of what and how much to take to do corrective action.
    At the moment I do not have experience on out of pocket costs for Genova's tests, that is why I have made graduated list.
    For my self I go with long list.
    At least Genova is processing papers thru insurance, not sticking patients (or their doctors) with a bill and have them deal in unfamiliar teritory.

You want to have T & E's at their top levels, but no more than that.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Blood Test Results back...low T, high LH
    By Ksoze in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 09:37 PM
  2. Blood test results, low lh/fsh high pro/estra
    By AnabolicFrenz in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 02:34 PM
  3. o/t blood test results
    By snakebyte05 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 07:27 PM
  4. Some Blood Test Results
    By rebelhead in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 02:23 PM
  5. blood test result and why is my test so low?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 10:28 PM