hcg only

bimbo

Awards
400ui everyday it's a good dosage for secondary Hypogonadism?
AACE said 1000ui 3 x week

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Well, 400iu is probably safer than 1000iu 3x a week, and cheaper.

I was on hcg-only after a while, and labs and feelings quickly proved I need to add arimidex for the high estrogen I got. HCG got me around 700 total T. Now I do T shots. Much better.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
ok.You had 700 total T at dose of?
thanks
HCG raises Testosterone levels only in people who are secondary.
HCG gives the missing signal to testis to produce Test.

Somebody (like me) who is primary uses HCG to preserve size of testicles.
My testicles are not producing T.

Size of HCG shot should be just right.
Too smal and there is no desired effect.
Too big and additional E2 is produced at greater rate
Very big kills testis.
==============================================
When the object is to raise testosterone level one should not preoccupy with TotalT level.

The important number is
FreeT
as read from dr Shippen chart,
or test at Quest
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)

If results of this test at Quest are available the important number is BAT (FreeT is also available).

Because often people have other problems, some have high SHBG levels.
People with high SHBG need much more testosterone to get their FreeT in good range. Those people, even if their testis are producing their max T, may still need T supplementation.

Supposedly the max daily hcg injection is 500iu
Minimum daily hcg injection about 150iu

There are frequent discussions on proper size of the hcg dose.
I use 250IU E2D

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
HCG raises Testosterone levels only in people who are secondary.
HCG gives the missing signal to testis to produce Test.

If the reason the testes go small and atrophy is that they don't produce testosterone, how does HCG keep "your" (Jan's) testicles cosmetically big if they don't produce testosterone despite HCG ??? What's the mechanism?? Just wondering!!!

Does HCG do more than invoke testes to produce testosterone?? hence; keep them big?? and if not, why would a primary bother with HCG at all???

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
If the reason the testes go small and atrophy is that they don't produce testosterone, how does HCG keep "your" (Jan's) testicles cosmetically big if they don't produce testosterone despite HCG ??? What's the mechanism?? Just wondering!!!

Does HCG do more than invoke testes to produce testosterone?? hence; keep them big?? and if not, why would a primary bother with HCG at all???
Wondering the same...

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

For few years I was on Androgel only.
My testis and scrotum shrunk to nothing.
My doc was good for Androgel and blood tests only, nothing else. Also I was much less informed then.

It took 30 days on HCG 250iu/E3D to rebuild my testis.
Actually whole month of feb 2007.

Way back then, before I started Test supplementation, my scrotum hung very low, I had a pain in that area.
Doc touched it, said varicocele, but now I doubt.
I was using tigh panties to relieve pain.
Now my scrotum hangs mostly low, but I have a times when it is tight, just like in my younger days, it is alive.
No pain in scrotum.

BillfromNJ

Awards
400ui everyday it's a good dosage for secondary Hypogonadism?
AACE said 1000ui 3 x week
I currently am taking 250iu daily as well as .15cc of Testosterne Cypionate daily with no problems and I am feeling better than I did with any other TRT protocal and e2 has been under 50 I just lowered my DHEA dosing and I think this whould have my e2 at optimum levels ... I certainly feel it and sex life and libidio are coming on strong!

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
For few years I was on Androgel only.
My testis and scrotum shrunk to nothing.
My doc was good for Androgel and blood tests only, nothing else. Also I was much less informed then.

It took 30 days on HCG 250iu/E3D to rebuild my testis.
Actually whole month of feb 2007.

Way back then, before I started Test supplementation, my scrotum hung very low, I had a pain in that area.
Doc touched it, said varicocele, but now I doubt.
I was using tigh panties to relieve pain.
Now my scrotum hangs mostly low, but I have a times when it is tight, just like in my younger days, it is alive.
No pain in scrotum.
Hi Jan... That didn't answer my original question. Please re-read .... You're claimin that you are primary. If so, what good HCG for your case then?... and if you were able to bring your testes back via HCG, this is a clue that you were not primary in the first place... See what I'm getting at??

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Hi Jan... That didn't answer my original question. Please re-read .... You're claimin that you are primary. If so, what good HCG for your case then?... and if you were able to bring your testes back via HCG, this is a clue that you were not primary in the first place... See what I'm getting at??
Unless I'm mistaken, I think what he means is that hCG brought his testicles back AFTER atrophy from androgel.

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
Unless I'm mistaken, I think what he means is that hCG brought his testicles back AFTER atrophy from androgel.
I got that... What I'm trying to convey to Jan is that he may not be considered "primary" since HCG was able to invoke his testes to produce testosterone... In an earlier post Jan claimed he was primary.. I'm arguing against his notion.... his boys are fine and kickin'... he aint no primary...

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I got that... What I'm trying to convey to Jan is that he may not be considered "primary" since HCG was able to invoke his testes to produce testosterone... In an earlier post Jan claimed he was primary.. I'm arguing against his notion.... his boys are fine and kickin'... he aint no primary...
At this point if I am primary or secondary is a moot point, at least for me.
And I am not giving my body up for research.

I have folowing info that may help anybody's curiosity.
Before any testosterone use,
7/10/03 (by my GP, he was ofering me Androgel plus big scare about it)
TotalT=255(241-827)

1/8/04 (by sex director at Manhattan, "good" hospital)
Estradiol=24(0-52)
LH=5.7(1.5-9.3)
FSH missing
Prolactin=7.2((2.1-17.7)
Testosterone=311(241-827)
FreeT=6.0(2.6-64.8)

This sob told me to say good by to my sex life.
I think he should be castrated.

Reason;
from 1/8/2004
to 11/24/2007
1416 days
202 weeks
avg 2x/week
404 ejaculations due to my own diligence no thanks to sex doctors

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
At this point if I am primary or secondary is a moot point, at least for me.
Actually, that was the entire point of what BigAK and I were wondering regarding your use of hCG. By what method does hCG increase testicle size if your testis are no longer functioning?

Not asking you to change what you are doing, just curious about the method and usage...

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Actually, that was the entire point of what BigAK and I were wondering regarding your use of hCG. By what method does hCG increase testicle size if your testis are no longer functioning?

Not asking you to change what you are doing, just curious about the method and usage...
My testicles were good size, their usual size, when I had
LH=5.7(1.5-9.3)

an low TT level.

I am not a doctor, and do not really know how things work, but when I grab my balls they feel right to me.
Actually that feeling is even more consistent now when I changed HCG from 500iu E3D on the day of T shot to 250iu E2D, alternative days
(T + Liquidex) & hcg

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Interesting... perhaps there is a relation to testi size & LH receptors?

Thanks for the response.