How do I get an MRI?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.59%

How do I get an MRI?

I have secondary hypogonadism (low LH with low testosterone), and am currently seeking to pinpoint the cause. Several years ago I suffered a fairly serious concussion, and would like to rule this out as possibly contributing to my current condition.

My question is: how do I go about acquiring an MRI, exactly? I am currently seeing Dr. Crisler who tells me that he is not capable of ordering an MRI, but "likes to see it".

So how is this done? Can I just go to my GP, show him my hormone profile, and get an referral for an MRI?

Does anyone know?

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by galapagos View Post
    I have secondary hypogonadism (low LH with low testosterone), and am currently seeking to pinpoint the cause. Several years ago I suffered a fairly serious concussion, and would like to rule this out as possibly contributing to my current condition.

My question is: how do I go about acquiring an MRI, exactly? I am currently seeing Dr. Crisler who tells me that he is not capable of ordering an MRI, but "likes to see it".

So how is this done? Can I just go to my GP, show him my hormone profile, and get an referral for an MRI?

Does anyone know?
    Does not sound right.

My doc have given me script for ultrasound and latter MRI of
    whole abdomen
    gallblader
    kidney
    prostate

just because I asked and complained about discomfort here and there.

I did both of them, waiting for results.

If your doc would like to see your pituitary MRI all he have to do is write you a script for it.

What you saying does not adds up.
    Unless he lost priviledge of writting scripts.

If your insurance pays a bills is whole another story, but if he wants to see your MRI he will also come up with proper ICD-9 code that would grease up your way to your insurer's purse.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.91%

I do not know the answer but I speculate that it is related to a physician's specialty.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BigJimCalhoun View Post
    I do not know the answer but I speculate that it is related to a physician's specialty.
    Be carefull, do not buy bs.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.24%

FYI: When I got my MRI, the MRI was evaluated by a doctor at the hospital and then a one page report sent to my doctor.

The one page report in a few paragraphs basically said "looking at the pituitary it seems to be normal."

The prescribing doctor did not need to look at the images and determine what they mean. This was done for him. He just needed to order it and then review the report afterwards.

Mark
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.91%

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLA View Post
    FYI: When I got my MRI, the MRI was evaluated by a doctor at the hospital and then a one page report sent to my doctor.

The one page report in a few paragraphs basically said "looking at the pituitary it seems to be normal."

The prescribing doctor did not need to look at the images and determine what they mean. This was done for him. He just needed to order it and then review the report afterwards.

Mark
    Same thing with my back MRI done by the back MD. She ordered the MRI, then explained all of it to me. I later when to a Chiropractor who got the report and the report was written by the doctor at the MRI place, not my doctor.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How do you post an avatar?
    By Lifeguard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:05 PM
  2. how do I get banned easily?
    By griz145389 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 11:09 PM
  3. How do I get my natural sleep pattern back??
    By BigVrunga in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 12:06 PM
  4. How do they get ripped glutes???
    By Nuteboy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 10:57 PM