Heart Palpitations - AnabolicMinds.com

Heart Palpitations

Heart Palpitations

I had heart palpitations a few months ago and they recently have come back.

I have had them before and after TRT, so that isn't the culprit.

Sometimes it feels like a "big pump" all of the sudden (woosh, woosh, woosh, woooooosh), sometimes it feels like an extra beat (woosh, woosh woosh woosh, woosh).

Could it be an arrythmia?

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I had heart palpitations a few months ago and they recently have come back.

I have had them before and after TRT, so that isn't the culprit.

Sometimes it feels like a "big pump" all of the sudden (woosh, woosh, woosh, woooooosh), sometimes it feels like an extra beat (woosh, woosh woosh woosh, woosh).

Could it be an arrythmia?

Any suggestions?

Well, yeah, it's an arryhthmia - a single PVC (premature ventricular contraction) is an arrhythmia. But there are some arrhythmias that you ought to worry about and others that are no big deal. A couple palpitations now and then is probably no big deal.

However, if you get them in runs of four or five, or if you start to feel faint or light-headed or short of breath when you get them, then you should get it checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    Well, yeah, it's an arryhthmia - a single PVC (premature ventricular contraction) is an arrhythmia. But there are some arrhythmias that you ought to worry about and others that are no big deal. A couple palpitations now and then is probably no big deal.

However, if you get them in runs of four or five, or if you start to feel faint or light-headed or short of breath when you get them, then you should get it checked out.
    I don't get them in runs of four or five nor do I feel faint when they happen, but they do happen fairly often. They went away for a while, now they're back.

Could it be caffeine? Another dietary issue?

I'm going to go to my doctor to be safe. How should I describe it to him?
    •   

ITs probably your adrenals....happens all the time for adrenal/thyroid cases. Get those supported, take magnesium 800mg a day (build up slowly) and see how you feel. Also start weaning off the caff as your doing.

You may also want to google "Vagus Nerve heart palpatations"

I have this annoying palpatation/arythmia caused by pressure against the vagus nerve. It always happens when I'm bulked up and gassy. If I do squats or deadlifts in this state, it presses on the nerve and my heart goes crazy. It's like a false signal to the heart to beat like a sunofabeaotch.
    Used to scare the life out of me, until I found out alot of people actually have it.

are you taking t3? if so thats the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    are you taking t3? if so thats the culprit.
    Nope, not taking any thyroid meds at all. Just transdermal T.

It's annoying as hell. My BP seems to be okay. Distolic was a little high (87) after a large cup of coffee the other day, but other than that, it's been ok.

better to be safe than sorry....id go see your cardiologist

good luck

I'm going to give it a few days and then start out with my PCP.

It seems to have been better over the past couple of days although not gone.

I drastically cut down on caffeine today and also added another 100 mg CoQ-10.

No coffee and only 3 cans soda (~150 mg total caffeine).

I've only had maybe one palp and it wasn't really bad.

I'm going to play it by ear, but which do you think made the most difference?

I also just read that DHEA and pregnenolone can contribute to heart palpitations.

Heart Palpitations : by Ray Sahelian, M.D.
    Stats
    6'2"  285 lbs.

I had a very similar problem. Turned out to be SVT. Tried to treat if with medication. No luck. The actually had to give me a shot 9 seperate times to stop my heart. Luckily it restarted evry time. Anyways had the surgery that I can't spell. Basically slipped a wire into my heart thru a valve and fried a extra natural pacemaker I had that was causing very nasty irregular and fast heart beats. So far so good

Quote Originally Posted by poacher View Post
    I had a very similar problem. Turned out to be SVT. Tried to treat if with medication. No luck. The actually had to give me a shot 9 seperate times to stop my heart. Luckily it restarted evry time. Anyways had the surgery that I can't spell. Basically slipped a wire into my heart thru a valve and fried a extra natural pacemaker I had that was causing very nasty irregular and fast heart beats. So far so good
    I have heard about that procedure. I am glad it is working well for you.

Today is my second day with VERY little caffeine. Very few episodes. I am going to have a cup of joe to stave off a pending headache and see how it goes.

My only concern is that I don't feel like I should have to give up caffeine to get this to go away. Unless my intake was so out of control and I didn't realize it. But I would figure the body should be able to handle a reasonable amount of caffeine.

I had the procedure done that poacher had as well. Its called a Catheter Ablation. I had SVT (SupraVentricular Tachycardia / Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome) pretty bad. It doesn't sound like you're in nearly the same boat.

Caffeine definitely plays a big part here. Pregnenolone as well. Stress is also a big factor.. My advice to you is to start using a mix of caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee. They're becoming popular in stores now. You won't notice any difference in taste. And you should really kill the soda.
    Stats
    6'2"  285 lbs.

Zero Tolerance Thanks. Ablation yup thats it. Funny I woke up right in middle of it and I think I was a little cranky cause The next round of juice the gave me put me down for a long time. Hope yours was a success. Poacher
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I don't get them in runs of four or five nor do I feel faint when they happen, but they do happen fairly often. They went away for a while, now they're back.

Could it be caffeine? Another dietary issue?

I'm going to go to my doctor to be safe. How should I describe it to him?
    I have these and had a cardiologist tell me it was no big deal. They will probably do an ultrasound of your heart and hook you up to a holter moniter to try to catch it. Although mine never happened with the monitor on

Mine seems to be stresss related. I can go a long time without it or get several a day. Feels like a skip and then a brief period where the wind is knocked out of you? Its very annoying.

Yes, mine was a success.. I was entirely awake for mine. It wasn't bad at all. The worst parts were the ice cold table, having to breath very slowly to avoid cooling the laser (was difficult) and the hammering of the camera into my neck! Otherwise, it was no biggie at all. Oh, I guess the WORST part was not being allowed to move my leg for left 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by poacher View Post
    Zero Tolerance Thanks. Ablation yup thats it. Funny I woke up right in middle of it and I think I was a little cranky cause The next round of juice the gave me put me down for a long time. Hope yours was a success. Poacher

Similar Forum Threads

1. upped my test-E dosage... heart palpitations?
    By orangutan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 10:07 PM
  2. Norfenefrine/Norphenephrine= heart palpitation?
    By liquid in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 07:42 PM
  3. Heart Palpitations on PP
    By mnickerson in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 06:22 PM