Blood test results

  1. Registered User
    muslhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    166

    Blood test results


    Below are my most recent blood test results. I am just listing the some of the key results, there are more if anyone is interested.
    I'd be interested to hear peoples comments.

    *** values are out of range

    Test - Result (normal range)
    TSH - 1.185 (.35-5.5)
    T4 - 8.5 (4.5-12.0)
    T3 uptake - 36 (24-39)
    Free Thyroxosine Index - 3.1 (1.2-4.9)

    WBC - 3.7 (4-10.5) ***
    RBC - 5.27 (4.1-5.6)
    Hgb - 17.2 (12.5-17) ***
    rest of CBC in normal range

    Testosterone, serum 390 (241-827)
    Free Test 11.2 (7.2-24)
    DHT - awaiting test results
    DHEA- S 107 (70-310)
    Estradiol 22 (0-53)
    LDH 632 (100-250) ***
    AST 74 (0-40) ***
    Iron - 228 (40-135)
    Total Cholesterol - 167 (100-199)
    HDL -63 (40-59) ***

    A little background. I am on self administered HRT. The hassle the HMO puts up to get administered wasnt worth the hassle. I first saw Dr Cristler who got me started down the right path but once he stopped seeing patients not coming to his office I had to find another path.
    I started using 100mg/week of testE. Everything was good (test levels in upper normal range) but my HCT, HGB levels elevated to extremely high levels that could not be controlled through regular blood donations. I switched to topical and the results posted above were from my first blood test after 6 weeks of topical. For this test I was using .75ml of compounded 200mg cream. But, as you can see my serum and free test levels are still very low.

    I would prefer to use injections as the topical makes me feel fine during the day but at night it is clearly not as good. I am now trying a very small injection (40mg/week rather than 100) and combine that with the topical. Hopefully this will moderate the evening problems, elevate my test levels and minimize the HCT, HGB elevations.

    Go ahead and ignore the iron elevation as that is an ongoing problem that the Dr's cant find a reason for but is controlled via the blood donations. I dont have Hemochromotosis as I was teste for this and it was neg. I also had a liver biopsy and all looked good.

    One side effect for me has always been bloating and feeling "full" all the time. This has been a side regardless of whether I use topical or injections. I always thought it was elevated estradiol but every time I have it test it comes back in the desired range (~20). Does anyone have an idea on what it could be? DHT? (which I am waiting results for and have never tested prior).

    Fire away

    MH

  2. Registered User
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    301

    Quote Originally Posted by muslhead View Post
    Below are my most recent blood test results. I am just listing the some of the key results, there are more if anyone is interested.
    I'd be interested to hear peoples comments.

    *** values are out of range

    Test - Result (normal range)
    TSH - 1.185 (.35-5.5)
    T4 - 8.5 (4.5-12.0)
    T3 uptake - 36 (24-39)
    Free Thyroxosine Index - 3.1 (1.2-4.9)

    WBC - 3.7 (4-10.5) ***
    RBC - 5.27 (4.1-5.6)
    Hgb - 17.2 (12.5-17) ***
    rest of CBC in normal range

    Testosterone, serum 390 (241-827)
    Free Test 11.2 (7.2-24)
    DHT - awaiting test results
    DHEA- S 107 (70-310)
    Estradiol 22 (0-53)
    LDH 632 (100-250) ***
    AST 74 (0-40) ***
    Iron - 228 (40-135)
    Total Cholesterol - 167 (100-199)
    HDL -63 (40-59) ***

    A little background. I am on self administered HRT. The hassle the HMO puts up to get administered wasnt worth the hassle. I first saw Dr Cristler who got me started down the right path but once he stopped seeing patients not coming to his office I had to find another path.
    I started using 100mg/week of testE. Everything was good (test levels in upper normal range) but my HCT, HGB levels elevated to extremely high levels that could not be controlled through regular blood donations. I switched to topical and the results posted above were from my first blood test after 6 weeks of topical. For this test I was using .75ml of compounded 200mg cream. But, as you can see my serum and free test levels are still very low.

    I would prefer to use injections as the topical makes me feel fine during the day but at night it is clearly not as good. I am now trying a very small injection (40mg/week rather than 100) and combine that with the topical. Hopefully this will moderate the evening problems, elevate my test levels and minimize the HCT, HGB elevations.

    Go ahead and ignore the iron elevation as that is an ongoing problem that the Dr's cant find a reason for but is controlled via the blood donations. I dont have Hemochromotosis as I was teste for this and it was neg. I also had a liver biopsy and all looked good.

    One side effect for me has always been bloating and feeling "full" all the time. This has been a side regardless of whether I use topical or injections. I always thought it was elevated estradiol but every time I have it test it comes back in the desired range (~20). Does anyone have an idea on what it could be? DHT? (which I am waiting results for and have never tested prior).

    Fire away

    MH

    What's up with the LDH and the AST? Any recent injuries?
  3. Registered User
    Scottyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    642

    Quote Originally Posted by muslhead View Post
    Below are my most recent blood test results. I am just listing the some of the key results, there are more if anyone is interested.
    I'd be interested to hear peoples comments.

    *** values are out of range

    Test - Result (normal range)
    TSH - 1.185 (.35-5.5)
    T4 - 8.5 (4.5-12.0)
    T3 uptake - 36 (24-39)
    Free Thyroxosine Index - 3.1 (1.2-4.9)

    WBC - 3.7 (4-10.5) ***
    RBC - 5.27 (4.1-5.6)
    Hgb - 17.2 (12.5-17) ***
    rest of CBC in normal range

    Testosterone, serum 390 (241-827)
    Free Test 11.2 (7.2-24)
    DHT - awaiting test results
    DHEA- S 107 (70-310)
    Estradiol 22 (0-53)
    LDH 632 (100-250) ***
    AST 74 (0-40) ***
    Iron - 228 (40-135)
    Total Cholesterol - 167 (100-199)
    HDL -63 (40-59) ***

    A little background. I am on self administered HRT. The hassle the HMO puts up to get administered wasnt worth the hassle. I first saw Dr Cristler who got me started down the right path but once he stopped seeing patients not coming to his office I had to find another path.
    I started using 100mg/week of testE. Everything was good (test levels in upper normal range) but my HCT, HGB levels elevated to extremely high levels that could not be controlled through regular blood donations. I switched to topical and the results posted above were from my first blood test after 6 weeks of topical. For this test I was using .75ml of compounded 200mg cream. But, as you can see my serum and free test levels are still very low.

    I would prefer to use injections as the topical makes me feel fine during the day but at night it is clearly not as good. I am now trying a very small injection (40mg/week rather than 100) and combine that with the topical. Hopefully this will moderate the evening problems, elevate my test levels and minimize the HCT, HGB elevations.

    Go ahead and ignore the iron elevation as that is an ongoing problem that the Dr's cant find a reason for but is controlled via the blood donations. I dont have Hemochromotosis as I was teste for this and it was neg. I also had a liver biopsy and all looked good.

    One side effect for me has always been bloating and feeling "full" all the time. This has been a side regardless of whether I use topical or injections. I always thought it was elevated estradiol but every time I have it test it comes back in the desired range (~20). Does anyone have an idea on what it could be? DHT? (which I am waiting results for and have never tested prior).

    Fire away

    MH
    THe bloated is often thyroid or adrenal related. I had it REALLY bad until those started getting in the normalish ranges. What do you mean by Dr. Crisler only seeing those who come in to see him? Once you go once, you can do virtual office visits, which makes thinsg much easier and more maneageble. Id be very caution doing this all on your own, but thats up to you.

    Id look into rheinlabs testing for adrenals and to see your estrogen metabolites. Even though your e2 is good, it is good when your test is very low....perhaps when test levels are in the mid-normal range, your e2 shoots up also causing problems.

    I would get better thyroid tests, get the adrenals checked, check estrogen metabolites and check e2 when the test levels are better.

    my 2 cents.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    muslhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    166

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    What's up with the LDH and the AST? Any recent injuries?
    My AST and other liver enzymes are always high. This is because of daily workout. If I stop working out for a week and get them retested they go back to normal. There is a link between daily cell breakdown from workout to elevated liver enzymes.

    MH
  5. Registered User
    muslhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    166

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyo View Post
    THe bloated is often thyroid or adrenal related. I had it REALLY bad until those started getting in the normalish ranges. What do you mean by Dr. Crisler only seeing those who come in to see him? Once you go once, you can do virtual office visits, which makes thinsg much easier and more maneageble. Id be very caution doing this all on your own, but thats up to you.

    Id look into rheinlabs testing for adrenals and to see your estrogen metabolites. Even though your e2 is good, it is good when your test is very low....perhaps when test levels are in the mid-normal range, your e2 shoots up also causing problems.

    I would get better thyroid tests, get the adrenals checked, check estrogen metabolites and check e2 when the test levels are better.

    my 2 cents.
    Scotty
    I am very interested in hearing more about your bloating solutions.

    I will go back and check but I believe my E2 has always been good even when test levels were upper range.

    My thyroids and adrenals always come back normal too.

    As soon as I get the test elevated back up (assuming I am capable without HCT and RBC problems) I will rerun all tests again.

    MH
  6. Registered User
    superone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    293

    Scotty, i too am also interested in your bloating solutions.


    I have these same issues as muslhead, and i have low levels of DHEA-S aswell.


    Can an underactive thyroid cause puffy face, or can an overactive thyroid also cause this?


    How would you fix adrenal problems? Adrenal extract tissue?


    Thanks.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. got my pre cycle blood test results, ?'s
    By 2slow in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 03:00 PM
  2. Blood Test Results Not Good.
    By GatorGrappler in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 01:34 PM
  3. o/t blood test results
    By snakebyte05 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 07:27 PM
  4. Some Blood Test Results
    By rebelhead in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 02:23 PM
  5. blood test result and why is my test so low?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 10:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in