Thyroid and iodine: If thyroid levels are a bit low, what abou an iodine supplement?

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Rather than add to my existing journal, I thought I'd pose this as a seperate question as it may well apply to others as well.

Recent bloodwork shows T3/4 levels are the very lowest part of the "normal" scale, even though TSH is quite low. I have none of the symptoms of feeling cold, etc as many hypothyroid people do, but am feeling quite fatigues, etc on a regular basis. Could be high E2, but I need to see recent blood work to know more.

In any event, what about taking an iodine supplement "just to see what happens"? I use little or no salt, so the only iodine I get comes from food and a daily multivitamin.

If iodine supplements are a good idea, any suggestions or ideas as to what is good?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Treat yourself right. Eat some grilled shrimp :)

The only caution is that iodine can make you very sick if taken in too high of quantities. There are other limiting factors which may be causing you to be hypothyroidal. More iodine doesn't necessarily mean more T3, T4.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Treat yourself right. Eat some grilled shrimp :)

The only caution is that iodine can make you very sick if taken in too high of quantities. There are other limiting factors which may be causing you to be hypothyroidal. More iodine doesn't necessarily mean more T3, T4.
TEst and if deficeint supplement