New labs and questions??

raw1973

Awards
I've posted about my hashimotos, adrenal fatigue, low cortisol and low test in the past.
I'm going to see Dr. M Friday, because my doctor who thinks he knows it all, but can't make heads or tails of my labs, won't treat and doesn't know where to begin.
But I used him to get some basic labs to take to Dr. M. Wanted to get some feedback from folks here:

Test 311 (250-1100)
Estradiol 50 (< or = 29) doubled since feb
Dht 20 (25-75)
Thyroid antibodies >1000 ( <35)
Free T3 369 (230-420)
Free T4 1.4 (.8-1.8)
TSH 3.36 this goes up and down because of thyroiditis but usually between 3-5
Dhea 115 (142-1420

Salivary tests last year showed depressed except midnight was over range

symptoms of adrenal fatigue and hypothryoid
I think my low cortisol is having an effect on circulating thyroid levels and not getting into the
cells
I came off finasteride 2 months ago but DHT still below range, went up from 13
Any comments? Does this point to Pituitary or would #'s be lower, I don't know why my
estradiol is so high, but i've had itchy nips here and there. Should i take DIM? thanks in advance--Rob

raw1973

Awards
Bumped thread to see if anyone had any ideas why estrogen is so high. Doctor put me on Cortef and Armour, but didn't want to mess with testosterone right now. I was on finasteride for several yrs up to about 2 months ago and dht is still below range so maybe this is competing or not keeping e2 in check? But, last yr I had labs test was in same range but e2 was at 23 ( high-normal). I put some weight on and do tend to binge drink on weekends so that could raise estrogen some? any comments? I declined arimidex, but may ask doctor in future. I have dim and tmg on hand. Should I use? thanks in advance ---Rob

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Bumped thread to see if anyone had any ideas why estrogen is so high. Doctor put me on Cortef and Armour, but didn't want to mess with testosterone right now. I was on finasteride for several yrs up to about 2 months ago and dht is still below range so maybe this is competing or not keeping e2 in check? But, last yr I had labs test was in same range but e2 was at 23 ( high-normal). I put some weight on and do tend to binge drink on weekends so that could raise estrogen some? any comments? I declined arimidex, but may ask doctor in future. I have dim and tmg on hand. Should I use? thanks in advance ---Rob
I have given you my answers in your previus thred.
You need much more testing to understand your body.
Do corrective action to what you alredy know that is out of line.

Other than full blood test in my post #44
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

You may want to do Genova test ONE and see what they recomend for you on the end of the test.

Hopefully my doc will come thru with the script.
I asked him (by e-mail) for this and few more tests.
Will post on my experience.
I am hoping to reduce the number of pills that I am taking and have more focused supplementation on end of this project.

==============================================

GDX ONE - Optimal Nutrition Evaluation

Even if you are eating a "balanced” or healthy diet and taking supplements, your body could still lack vital and necessary nutrition. The easiest comprehensive nutrition test available, the ONE requires only the first urine sample of the morning. The ONE will help your doctor understand your individual diet and supplementation needs.

This unique profile:

Evaluates overall nutritional status of your patient
Assesses the functional need for vitamins and minerals
Provides specific personalized recommendations for supplementation
Includes an innovative “Interpretation at a Glance”
Concise-Easy Interpretation
Provides clear personalized recommendations for treatment
Anti-oxidants
B-vitamins
Minerals
Essential co-factors
Amino acids

engival

Awards
  • Established
i did the same E2 test, it was 18, now its 60.

im calling my doc about this one

hahaha

raw1973

Awards
Doctor was thinking about giving me Arimidex, but decided against it thinking it might come back down as we balance thyroid and adrenal. Also took Fin for so long maybe metabolites still in system (2 months off) keeping DHT down and allowing E2 to dominate. I'm also overweight 40-50 lbs and binge drink here and there( I know, I know) I've stopped that now so hopefully that was part cause for high E2. I took DIM/ TMG last few days hoping it would get E2 down while a drop some weight, then come off, but today I had no morning wood. ( unusual for me lately, but maybe from something else) Just throwing out some things- appreciate any comments.---R

wondering

Awards
Find a good Thyroid doc in your area. I think this is your issue. Free numbers don't look too bad, but your TSH is somewhat elevated and Antibodies thru the roof. Looks like early stages of Hashis?

Once Thyroid gets balanced, Testosterone will improve and losing some weight will help Estrogen levels.

Don't mess w/ Arimidex or TRT until Thyroid is addressed otherwise you will be chasing your tail.

Not a Dr., just my 2 cents.

----

I've posted about my hashimotos, adrenal fatigue, low cortisol and low test in the past.
I'm going to see Dr. M Friday, because my doctor who thinks he knows it all, but can't make heads or tails of my labs, won't treat and doesn't know where to begin.
But I used him to get some basic labs to take to Dr. M. Wanted to get some feedback from folks here:

Test 311 (250-1100)
Estradiol 50 (< or = 29) doubled since feb
Dht 20 (25-75)
Thyroid antibodies >1000 ( <35)
Free T3 369 (230-420)
Free T4 1.4 (.8-1.8)
TSH 3.36 this goes up and down because of thyroiditis but usually between 3-5
Dhea 115 (142-1420

Salivary tests last year showed depressed except midnight was over range

symptoms of adrenal fatigue and hypothryoid
I think my low cortisol is having an effect on circulating thyroid levels and not getting into the
cells
I came off finasteride 2 months ago but DHT still below range, went up from 13
Any comments? Does this point to Pituitary or would #'s be lower, I don't know why my
estradiol is so high, but i've had itchy nips here and there. Should i take DIM? thanks in advance--Rob

wondering

Awards
wait... just noticed you are seeing Marianco... just follow his advice and give it some time. Thyroid takes a bit to work itself out.

I know it is hard to be patient, buty ou're seeing one of the best. It will be impossible for him to help you if you start taking things he hasn't prescribed.

Find a good Thyroid doc in your area. I think this is your issue. Free numbers don't look too bad, but your TSH is somewhat elevated and Antibodies thru the roof. Looks like early stages of Hashis?

Once Thyroid gets balanced, Testosterone will improve and losing some weight will help Estrogen levels.

Don't mess w/ Arimidex or TRT until Thyroid is addressed otherwise you will be chasing your tail.

Not a Dr., just my 2 cents.

----