HGH and hair loss

1. Registered User
    Answers

HGH and hair loss

I know that a lot of people take HGH as an anti-aging drug. There are a lot of claims that it improves the condition of hair, skin, and nails, but I've also read a report that HGH can accelerate hair loss.

So what are the facts here? Has anyone here used HGH and what were the effects experienced on the hair and skin?

I highly appreciate any information.

And for the record I'm not thinking of using HGH but considering Powerfull instead.

2. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Skiba View Post
    I know that a lot of people take HGH as an anti-aging drug. There are a lot of claims that it improves the condition of hair, skin, and nails, but I've also read a report that HGH can accelerate hair loss.

So what are the facts here? Has anyone here used HGH and what were the effects experienced on the hair and skin?

And for the record I'm not thinking of using HGH but considering Powerfull instead.
    I'd like to see the research showing a relationship between hair loss and HGH. I've used it before and had no such experience. Others have said that Powerfull acts as a secretagogue. Has anyone posted labs?
  3. Banned
    Answers

Nope - no labs to prove anything. It's really just a theory at this point.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Skiba View Post

Men's hair loss is caused by testosterone being converted to DHT in the scalp. If you aren't altering your test levels then it shouldn't cause balding . . .
  5. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

hgh doesn't cause hairloss. I read somewhere someone saying igf-1 caused hair issues,but it was hardly from a reputable source.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog;
    hgh doesn't cause hairloss....
    Yes, sir! Increased testosterone levels do not necessarily cause hair loss. The real culprit is the possible increased conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This is what can cause or accelerate hair loss. This is also the reason some take supplements that reduce this conversion to DHT, for instance nettle root, pygeum, and so on.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  7. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Increased testosterone levels do not necessarily cause hair loss. The real culprit is the possible increased conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This is what can cause or accelerate hair loss. This is also the reason some take supplements that reduce this conversion to DHT, for instance nettle root, pygeum, and so on.
    yea i take dutasteride,finasteride,saw palmetto,and neetle when im doing test.....only when on cycle though
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    Others have said that Powerfull acts as a secretagogue. Has anyone posted labs?
    Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is a secretagogue and are you saying that if PFull is a sec. it would excelerate hairloss, or it wouldn't?
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Secretagouge means that it releases HGH.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

^^^ ok, thx bud

I think it was actually posted here a couple years back or so (in the GH-igf section), but I remember a study showing that GH, igf-1, both can make hair grow back, but combined with supraphysiological doses of testosterone, they make hair-loss worse than with the same dose of test alone, by itself.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

I was doing 4 iu a day. When I stopped, I lost an unbelievable amount of hair. It happened very quickly. In the 1st two months after I stopped. I havent experienced any other side effects. If anything, I felt great for a couple of years after I stopped using hgh but I lost a LOT of Hair after I stopped. It's been about 3 years and it never came back. It might have been because I stopped at once. I am not sure but for a fact, hgh made me loss a lot of hair.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Answers

DHT causes hair loss, not HGH. Loss of hair while on HGH is pure coincidental.

I've been on and off HGH for years. I'm currently back on it to help my broken leg heal more rapidly. I don't know if it will help, but I have nothing to lose. I think HGH is the most overrated drug out there. It's benefit is so subtle that measuring it is almost impossible. When someone on cycle decides to use peptides and claims great gains due to IGF/HGH it's all subjective, and I chalk it up as a placebo effect. And I'm talking 4iu or less. Anything more than 4iu a day and you're going to have to add insulin and IGF, which is insanity if you ask me.

Don't expect anything noticeable while on HGH. It's not some miracle drug. It has its place but the effects are not as dramatic as many claim.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Steroids and Hair Loss
    By TheUsual in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 02:43 AM
  2. hgh releasers and hair loss
    By oasis2005 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 01:47 PM
  3. MDHT and hair loss prevention?
    By z28man in forum Anabolics