HGH and hair loss

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
I know that a lot of people take HGH as an anti-aging drug. There are a lot of claims that it improves the condition of hair, skin, and nails, but I've also read a report that HGH can accelerate hair loss.

So what are the facts here? Has anyone here used HGH and what were the effects experienced on the hair and skin?

I highly appreciate any information.

And for the record I'm not thinking of using HGH but considering Powerfull instead.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I know that a lot of people take HGH as an anti-aging drug. There are a lot of claims that it improves the condition of hair, skin, and nails, but I've also read a report that HGH can accelerate hair loss.

So what are the facts here? Has anyone here used HGH and what were the effects experienced on the hair and skin?

And for the record I'm not thinking of using HGH but considering Powerfull instead.
I'd like to see the research showing a relationship between hair loss and HGH. I've used it before and had no such experience. Others have said that Powerfull acts as a secretagogue. Has anyone posted labs?

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nope - no labs to prove anything. It's really just a theory at this point.

ClintCanada

Men's hair loss is caused by testosterone being converted to DHT in the scalp. If you aren't altering your test levels then it shouldn't cause balding . . .

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hgh doesn't cause hairloss. I read somewhere someone saying igf-1 caused hair issues,but it was hardly from a reputable source.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hgh doesn't cause hairloss....
Yes, sir! Increased testosterone levels do not necessarily cause hair loss. The real culprit is the possible increased conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This is what can cause or accelerate hair loss. This is also the reason some take supplements that reduce this conversion to DHT, for instance nettle root, pygeum, and so on.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increased testosterone levels do not necessarily cause hair loss. The real culprit is the possible increased conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This is what can cause or accelerate hair loss. This is also the reason some take supplements that reduce this conversion to DHT, for instance nettle root, pygeum, and so on.
yea i take dutasteride,finasteride,saw palmetto,and neetle when im doing test.....only when on cycle though

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Others have said that Powerfull acts as a secretagogue. Has anyone posted labs?
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is a secretagogue and are you saying that if PFull is a sec. it would excelerate hairloss, or it wouldn't?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
^^^ ok, thx bud :cool:

I think it was actually posted here a couple years back or so (in the GH-igf section), but I remember a study showing that GH, igf-1, both can make hair grow back, but combined with supraphysiological doses of testosterone, they make hair-loss worse than with the same dose of test alone, by itself.

Voss224

Awards
I was doing 4 iu a day. When I stopped, I lost an unbelievable amount of hair. It happened very quickly. In the 1st two months after I stopped. I havent experienced any other side effects. If anything, I felt great for a couple of years after I stopped using hgh but I lost a LOT of Hair after I stopped. It's been about 3 years and it never came back. It might have been because I stopped at once. I am not sure but for a fact, hgh made me loss a lot of hair.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
DHT causes hair loss, not HGH. Loss of hair while on HGH is pure coincidental.

I've been on and off HGH for years. I'm currently back on it to help my broken leg heal more rapidly. I don't know if it will help, but I have nothing to lose. I think HGH is the most overrated drug out there. It's benefit is so subtle that measuring it is almost impossible. When someone on cycle decides to use peptides and claims great gains due to IGF/HGH it's all subjective, and I chalk it up as a placebo effect. And I'm talking 4iu or less. Anything more than 4iu a day and you're going to have to add insulin and IGF, which is insanity if you ask me.

Don't expect anything noticeable while on HGH. It's not some miracle drug. It has its place but the effects are not as dramatic as many claim.