Find a Doctor or Rate a doctor

  1. New Member
    nuker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    119
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    85.48%

    Find a Doctor or Rate a doctor


    Check out this website.

    It's interesting how little free market forces play in our personal heath care. We look in a phone book or go to insurance "participating" doctors and ultimately take a gamble on the kind of quality health care we will receive. Let's face it, we spend more time researching the purchase of a new car than we do finding a doctor for a coronary bypass operation. Part of the reason is that the resources aren't available for us to research a doctor. This website is a start. A resource such as the one described below might help us become better health care consumers as well as help favor the quality providers. The data appears to be sparse but it is growing. Check it out.....

    Rate A Doctor & MD's - Physician Reviews & Ratings - Improving Patient Care Online

    DrScore.com is a unique website dedicated to improving patient satisfaction and the quality of medical care. Through DrScore, patients can rate their satisfaction with their medical care at no cost. DrScore also gives visitors free access to the ratings, to help them select a doctor. Finally, to "close the loop" of patient satisfaction, DrScore makes detailed survey results available to doctors, giving them a low-cost alternative for measuring and thereby improving patient satisfaction.

  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2418
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by nuker View Post
    Check out this website.

    It's interesting how little free market forces play in our personal heath care. We look in a phone book or go to insurance "participating" doctors and ultimately take a gamble on the kind of quality health care we will receive. Let's face it, we spend more time researching the purchase of a new car than we do finding a doctor for a coronary bypass operation. Part of the reason is that the resources aren't available for us to research a doctor. This website is a start. A resource such as the one described below might help us become better health care consumers as well as help favor the quality providers. The data appears to be sparse but it is growing. Check it out.....

    Rate A Doctor & MD's - Physician Reviews & Ratings - Improving Patient Care Online

    DrScore.com is a unique website dedicated to improving patient satisfaction and the quality of medical care. Through DrScore, patients can rate their satisfaction with their medical care at no cost. DrScore also gives visitors free access to the ratings, to help them select a doctor. Finally, to "close the loop" of patient satisfaction, DrScore makes detailed survey results available to doctors, giving them a low-cost alternative for measuring and thereby improving patient satisfaction.

    Osteopathic doctors are listed under "More specialties".

    Nobody listed in NJ.

    Good idea, will be usefull when database gets larger.
  3. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    433
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    89.39%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Osteopathic doctors are listed under "More specialties".

    Nobody listed in NJ.

    Good idea, will be usefull when database gets larger.
    What will be even more interesting is what will happen when 85% of DRs are rated a 3 or lower.

    DRs are the only profession that make Congress look competent.

    I personally have seen 15 DRs for the issues we discuss. Only one of them gets a score higher than 3.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    BillfromNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    135
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    40.87%

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    I personally have seen 15 DRs for the issues we discuss. Only one of them gets a score higher than 3.
    I have seen 3 already and anfter 6 weeks my current gets a 10 so far but as we all know its a long road to feeling better but my last bloods were much better so I'll give him 10's for now
  5. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BillfromNJ View Post
    I have seen 3 already and anfter 6 weeks my current gets a 10 so far but as we all know its a long road to feeling better but my last bloods were much better so I'll give him 10's for now

    Bill check on jansz since you are in NJ he seems to be open to alot of suggestions.
  6. Registered User
    BillfromNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    135
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    40.87%

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Bill check on jansz since you are in NJ he seems to be open to alot of suggestions.
    So far so good with new Dr he is OK with every suggestion I have amade and he has held on others but looking at 4 week blood work all is headed in the right direction so I'll wait and see I know this didn't happen overnight and can't be fixed overnight I will post 8 week bloodwork in a 3weeks and see what the experts here think and make adjustments with Dr
  7. New Member
    SteveFeldman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    88
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    99%

    Doctor ratings


    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    What will be even more interesting is what will happen when 85% of DRs are rated a 3 or lower.

    DRs are the only profession that make Congress look competent.

    I personally have seen 15 DRs for the issues we discuss. Only one of them gets a score higher than 3.
    I'm a dermatologist and can see how some doctors, even very good ones, might not be up to date on many of the issues discussed on this forum. But when one looks at how doctors are doing according to their patients, they seem to be doing a very good job. Of the doctors with 20 or more ratings in the DrScore.com system, the median score is 9.5 out of 10! My 9.0 out of 10 puts me in the bottom 25th percentile.
  8. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2418
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFeldman View Post
    I'm a dermatologist and can see how some doctors, even very good ones, might not be up to date on many of the issues discussed on this forum. But when one looks at how doctors are doing according to their patients, they seem to be doing a very good job. Of the doctors with 20 or more ratings in the DrScore.com system, the median score is 9.5 out of 10! My 9.0 out of 10 puts me in the bottom 25th percentile.
    Acne vulgaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There is a group of people who develop acne while on proper TRT.
    I have never had acne in my life, I am 67yo now.
    Newer done any steroids.

    I am on testosterone replacement now.
    Couple weeks ago I developed one place on my back, it itches constantly. I am afraid scratching it.
    Will have to make appointment with skin doc to check it out.

    What are the conditions that are ance friendly?
    If possible I will avoid those conditions.
    Not even sure if what I have is an acne, mine is just one, hardly visible, "zit".
  9. New Member
    SteveFeldman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    88
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    99%

    Acne


    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Acne vulgaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There is a group of people who develop acne while on proper TRT.
    I have never had acne in my life, I am 67yo now.
    Newer done any steroids.

    I am on testosterone replacement now.
    Couple weeks ago I developed one place on my back, it itches constantly. I am afraid scratching it.
    Will have to make appointment with skin doc to check it out.

    What are the conditions that are ance friendly?
    If possible I will avoid those conditions.
    Not even sure if what I have is an acne, mine is just one, hardly visible, "zit".
    It's hard to say for sure what environmental conditions, if any, makes acne worse. Seeing a doctor for the spots sounds like a good idea. DrScore.com can also be used to find a dermatologist, just by putting in the specialty of the doctor and the city in which you are seeking one.
  10. New Member
    Diancecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    112
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    56.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    What will be even more interesting is what will happen when 85% of DRs are rated a 3 or lower.

    DRs are the only profession that make Congress look competent.

    I personally have seen 15 DRs for the issues we discuss. Only one of them gets a score higher than 3.
    It sounds like often people dont understand the complexity of the problem. Anabolic steroids like narcotics are a drug which has valid medical uses. It also is a drug that is frequently purchased and used illegally and is a drug of abuse. Most clinicians on a daily basis struggle with individuals trying to get such drugs. Physicians etc are given by society the responsibility to support only the legal and reasonable use of such controlled substances. Failure to comply can easily result loss of medical licenses and/or criminal charges. This is the background.

    On top of that background is what may be a complex endocrine problems perhaps of the same complexity as diabetes. I believe that andropause is probably a valid and important pathologic syndrome. We dont consider a person wanting to have huge biceps such as the picture at the top of this forum to be a medical problem. If the syndrome does exist it may have multiple subtypes. Laboratory methods of evaluation are questionable. So the method of diagnosis needs to be determined and then upon that basis appropriate treatment protocols tested. As with most syndromes usually the majority can be managed with a fairly reasonable and understandable treatment protocols. Other subtypes if they exist may require modifications or different protocols all together. So if you get frustrated at the docs, it might be walking in their shoes a bit.
  11. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2418
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Diancecht View Post
    It sounds like often people dont understand the complexity of the problem. Anabolic steroids like narcotics are a drug which has valid medical uses. It also is a drug that is frequently purchased and used illegally and is a drug of abuse. Most clinicians on a daily basis struggle with individuals trying to get such drugs. Physicians etc are given by society the responsibility to support only the legal and reasonable use of such controlled substances. Failure to comply can easily result loss of medical licenses and/or criminal charges. This is the background.

    On top of that background is what may be a complex endocrine problems perhaps of the same complexity as diabetes. I believe that andropause is probably a valid and important pathologic syndrome. We dont consider a person wanting to have huge biceps such as the picture at the top of this forum to be a medical problem. If the syndrome does exist it may have multiple subtypes. Laboratory methods of evaluation are questionable. So the method of diagnosis needs to be determined and then upon that basis appropriate treatment protocols tested. As with most syndromes usually the majority can be managed with a fairly reasonable and understandable treatment protocols. Other subtypes if they exist may require modifications or different protocols all together. So if you get frustrated at the docs, it might be walking in their shoes a bit.
    Huge biceps are just clouding the real issue.

    Many on this board are of opinion that there would be much less of
    diabetis
    high cholesterol
    metabolic syndrome
    cases
    if
    thyroid
    adrenal
    and androgen hormones
    were adjusted early in life.

    It appears that relatively low cost low tech approach is all that is required in most instances.

    The actual problem being low cost.
    It is hard to make money helping people using this type preventive medicine.
    High profit ways are being promoted insted.
    Those ways are not always in the best intrest of general public.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Get blood work from doctor or no??
    By iBulk in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 05:53 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2011, 03:15 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 08:16 AM
  4. Any doctors or pharmacists out there?
    By LakeMountD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 08:56 PM
  5. hey how would i find a good doctor or Plastic Surgery
    By bigrich954rr in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 11:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in