Bill for my blood test at Quest

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Many people are arguing and try to minimize the amout of tests that they do.

Those who have to pay cash are excused.
Those who have insurance at the 37 (thirty seven) companies accepted by Quest do not have excuse.

So far my out of pocket expense is $6.49

Attachments

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
very nice!
Yes it is.

And she or anybody else is not going to convince me that we need change in health care in the USA.

Vote,

for our freedom
and
our Quality of Life
==========================================
==========================================

CF10

CF10

Awards
Many people are arguing and try to minimize the amout of tests that they do.

Those who have to pay cash are excused.
Those who have insurance at the 37 (thirty seven) companies accepted by Quest do not have excuse.

So far my out of pocket expense is $6.49

You do realize that just because Quest or any other lab accepts your brand of insurance, doesnt mean your insurance will think the tests YOU (not a doctor) ordered are necessary. In such a situation, the claim is denied and you are stuck with a massive bill.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
You do realize that just because Quest or any other lab accepts your brand of insurance, doesnt mean your insurance will think the tests YOU (not a doctor) ordered are necessary. In such a situation, the claim is denied and you are stuck with a massive bill.
Yes you are right.
This is where doctor comes in.
Hi have to give you diagnosis (ICD-9 code).

I found out that some doctors treat this piece of bureaucracy lightly, and patient may get stuck with the bill.

You do need proper ICD-9 codes.

I posted # of times how important it is to get the ICD-9 codes in order.

And if your doc have a problems with that
get another doctor.

My codes are printed on the first page of bill on post #1.

BillfromNJ

Awards
Yes you are right.
This is where doctor comes in.
Hi have to give you diagnosis (ICD-9 code).

I found out that some doctors treat this piece of bureaucracy lightly, and patient may get stuck with the bill.

You do need proper ICD-9 codes.

I posted # of times how important it is to get the ICD-9 codes in order.

And if your doc have a problems with that
get another doctor.

My codes are printed on the first page of bill on post #1.

Very True the right Dr will know the codes and you will have no bill.

fit4life05

Awards
My insurance is trying to say that Hypogonadism is the same thing as infertility treatment and they wont pay for my labs, even though they are 2 COMPLETELY different ICD9 codes.

That leaves me stuck w a $1,700 lab to cover, I have no idea what to do but I do know Im getting fukced over!

BillfromNJ

Awards
My insurance is trying to say that Hypogonadism is the same thing as infertility treatment and they wont pay for my labs, even though they are 2 COMPLETELY different ICD9 codes.

That leaves me stuck w a $1,700 lab to cover, I have no idea what to do but I do know Im getting fukced over!
What insurance do you have?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I have the most popular insurance, Medicare.

Everybody over 65 and close to 100% people on welfare have this insurance.

(Thanks to Mayor Rudy Guliani's efforts, NYC have more paying customers and less welfare by few millions)

I hope nobody will try to "improve" on Medicare.

Elections are comming, my cortisol level is few notches up everytime I see her trying to "help" me.

My wife is under 65 so she still have my comprehensive package from BC/BS from my former employer.

The BC/BS is my secondary insurance, but I do not think it paid anything since I got Medicare.

I am sensitive to health care and insurance issues, and politicians trying to improve on it.

I had five surgeries under total anestesia not counting minor ones.
I am getting ready to call and schedule my Green Laser prostate surgery.

So far for all this troubles I paid couple of thousand $$.

I think I got good deal from good old USA.

I (and my grown up children) do not need any "improvements" in this area.
==============================================

fit4life05

Awards
Im not even sure im on my parents plan for another year or so untill i graduate.

I think its either Three Rivers or Signature Care tho

I dont really understand how they are so incompetant about this tho, its right in front of their eyes. 2 completly diff icd9 codes but yet they consider them the same!? how can they get away w this?

BillfromNJ

Awards
Im not even sure im on my parents plan for another year or so untill i graduate.

I dont really understand how they are so incompetant about this tho, its right in front of their eyes. 2 completly diff icd9 codes but yet they consider them the same!? how can they get away w this?
I would call and ask to speak to claims person and see if yopu get a better reesult. Make sure you handle politely, I bet you get a better result

MarkLA

Awards

IMHO, you should try to appeal/dispute this...

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Incorrect ICD-9 codes= money out of your pocket

It is up to doctor to give you the correct codes.
It is up to your doctor to correct mistakes.
Instead most of the time doctor do not care, he rather spend time explaining to you why he cannot help you.
Happens often enough.
=======================================================================
Look at the picture of back side of my bill, post#1.
There is a list of insurance companies that Quest do bussiness with.

fit4life05

Awards
Incorrect ICD-9 codes= money out of your pocket

It is up to doctor to give you the correct codes.
It is up to your doctor to correct mistakes.
Instead most of the time doctor do not care, he rather spend time explaining to you why he cannot help you.
Happens often enough.
=======================================================================
Look at the picture of back side of my bill, post#1.
There is a list of insurance companies that Quest do bussiness with.
Dr J is treating me for HypoGonadism. That is what the ICD9 code he wrote down is. The insurance is trying to say that Hypogonadism / Testicular Hypofunction (257.2) is the same thing as Infertility treatment (606)

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Dr J is treating me for HypoGonadism. That is what the ICD9 code he wrote down is. The insurance is trying to say that Hypogonadism / Testicular Hypofunction (257.2) is the same thing as Infertility treatment (606)

You might point out that ICD-9 code 257.2 is for an endocrine disorder and 606 is for a reproductive disorder. Gosh, what next?!?!?!?

fit4life05

Awards
You might point out that ICD-9 code 257.2 is for an endocrine disorder and 606 is for a reproductive disorder. Gosh, what next?!?!?!?
lol i did trust me

had to submit it in writting, havnt got anything back from them in 2 months but i did just get the Quest LAbs bill, which tells me our insurance still is not paying 4 it

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
This thread is about costs.
11/19/07
I just got a invoice (not a bill) about my
Metabolic Analysis Profile at Genova Diagnostics
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/77385-jansz-metabolic-analysis.html
cost $271.90
they send the bill to Medicare and BCBS.
Wonder what my out of pocket expense will be.
It cost 271 but insurance is only going to say its worth about 150 -175 bucks and then you have to fight with them after that. Jansz medicare covers spectra cell its 55 bucks and will show a variety of information..