Storing HCG in fridge

  1. New Member
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    93.67%

    Storing HCG in fridge


    Ive heard mixed things regarding this. When i ring the drug manufacturer, they say it must be used within 24hrs once mixed or they cant guarantee it will be as potent as it should be.

    Others here say it can be stored for up to a month once mixed.

    The other day i heard that you should mix with bacteriostatic solution instead of just the normal sterile water they give you in the box.

    Ive been just mixing them into needles and injecting them as needed with the normal sterile solution. They dont stay in the fridge for longer than 2 weeks. Is this ok or do i need to worry about them going "off".

  2. New Member
    ECTOmorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    295
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    52.05%

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    Ive heard mixed things regarding this. When i ring the drug manufacturer, they say it must be used within 24hrs once mixed or they cant guarantee it will be as potent as it should be.

    Others here say it can be stored for up to a month once mixed.

    The other day i heard that you should mix with bacteriostatic solution instead of just the normal sterile water they give you in the box.

    Ive been just mixing them into needles and injecting them as needed with the normal sterile solution. They dont stay in the fridge for longer than 2 weeks. Is this ok or do i need to worry about them going "off".
    once mixed they should be good for at least 30 days, as long as u refrigerate it

    some say theyre good for 60 days
  3. New Member
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    93.67%

    Thanks Ecto....

    Is there any difference between the sterile solution we get in Australia and the ones you get in the US?

    I wonder if you guys in the US get Bacteriostatic in your sterile solution and we dont over here - hence the drugmaker telling me it must be used with a 24hr period once reconstituted.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    ECTOmorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    295
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    52.05%

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    Thanks Ecto....

    Is there any difference between the sterile solution we get in Australia and the ones you get in the US?

    I wonder if you guys in the US get Bacteriostatic in your sterile solution and we dont over here - hence the drugmaker telling me it must be used with a 24hr period once reconstituted.
    mine came w bacteriostatic water

    not sure whats so special about it tho
  5. New Member
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    93.67%

    The difference is that bacteriostatic solution has anti-bacterial properties - Benzyl alcohol, meaning it CAN be stored in the fridge once reconstituted.

    I just rang the makers of HCG here in Australia and they said they do not use Benzyl alcohol in there sterile water, meaning, they are not made to be stored in the fridge when reconstituted. They are just sodium chloride (or salene) and are made to be used within 24hrs.

    Does yours say "Bacteriostatic Solution" on the vile or just "sterile water"?
  6. New Member
    ECTOmorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    295
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    52.05%

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    The difference is that bacteriostatic solution has anti-bacterial properties - Benzyl alcohol, meaning it CAN be stored in the fridge once reconstituted.

    I just rang the makers of HCG here in Australia and they said they do not use Benzyl alcohol in there sterile water, meaning, they are not made to be stored in the fridge when reconstituted. They are just sodium chloride (or salene) and are made to be used within 24hrs.

    Does yours say "Bacteriostatic Solution" on the vile or just "sterile water"?
    bacteriostatic water
  7. New Member
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    93.67%

    Yup...cheers. Well at least I know BAC can be mixed to together without it killing the hcg.....or making my testicles turn purple.
  8. New Member
    TiredOldFart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    112
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    89.27%

    Mine has bacteriosta water included in the kit (Ferring) and a freeze dried vial of pee. It worked for a bit longer than one week. Then it stopped working, though advertized to be okay for 30 days. I left it out of the fridge somewhere between 2 and 4 hours. Then it no longer worked. Warning here is be sure the fridge is working and use it right away.

    Fridge needs to be beer can cold and vial returned immediately. I leave mine in the carton now just so it doesn't warm up.
  9. New Member
    anabolicscuba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    79
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

    When it isn't mixed should you keep it in the fridge too? I have some I may not use for quite a while and I don't want to go bad.
  10. New Member
    130nCountin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    67
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    39.69%

    id say not a good idea in general
  11. New Member
    RPHMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%

    The sterile water has no preservative, so if you were to introduce any bacteria or fungus in the normal course of drawing up a dose or mixing there would be nothing to inhibit it's growth, potentially causing a serious infection or reaction when administered. That is unlikely if used in a short period of time, but over the course of weeks or a month it is not impossible. The bacteriostatic water uses benzyl alcohol to preserve against microbial growth. If kept refrigerated it should be good for at least 30 days, up to 60 days. I have found that most seem to begin to degrade some by day 45 or so (personal observation, not a fact).
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Storing Supplements in the Fridge
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 04:25 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 08:44 PM
  3. Store PH/PS in fridge?
    By Einherjer89 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 05:44 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 03:53 PM
  5. storing hcg, question for Chemo!
    By broker_mike in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 09:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in