low 'free testosterone' score - AnabolicMinds.com

low 'free testosterone' score

1. New Member

low 'free testosterone' score

i am 23 years old and lifetime drug free. i recently got a blood test and had a total testosterone of 527 ng/dL with a range of 240-1048. not great for 23 years old, but not horrible either.

my free testosterone on the other hand was .89 pg/mL with a range of .95-4.3.

ive very familiar with TRT for low total testosterone but do not know much about the treatment options for low free testosterone.

i have talked to a few others, the responses ive have been told to read up about HCG, DIM, and nettle root.

im curious as to anyone elses opinions and views of this situation.

2. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5luke2 View Post
    i am 23 years old and lifetime drug free. i recently got a blood test and had a total testosterone of 527 ng/dL with a range of 240-1048. not great for 23 years old, but not horrible either.

my free testosterone on the other hand was .89 pg/mL with a range of .95-4.3.

ive very familiar with TRT for low total testosterone but do not know much about the treatment options for low free testosterone.

i have talked to a few others, the responses ive have been told to read up about HCG, DIM, and nettle root.

im curious as to anyone elses opinions and views of this situation.
    Possibly good news.
    All FreeT tests are wrong, except one. That one is not even a test, it is calculation.

527 is not that hot, even when natural.

Lets start with setting your mind straight.
    Read reference within this post:
    An explaination on how to be successful in your HRT.

or this:
    Real Thyroid Help Forums :: View topic - My explanation on how to be successful in your HRT.

It is important that you understand weight of your problem and put enough energy and concentration to starighten it up.

Otherwise you will end up arguing and waste time and good will.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Read my thread:
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007

At the moment most important for you is post #44
    contains all kind of tests.

I suggest that you do not take any supplements, do not do any changes in you diet or lifestyle until you have results of:

#1. blood test (whole list as written (all letters, numbers, pharentesis) send to your doc via e-mail and have him sign it, then go to Quest to give blood, important to give a blood at Quest.
    #2 EstroEssence
    #3 (GDX - Metabolic Analysis Profile) including (GDX - Cellular Energy Profile)
    #4 Essential and Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis

See you in about 4-6 weeks.
    Post all results here on this thread, do not start new threads.
    Good luck
    ============================== ==============
    So you know how to post results of your tests;
    Check my blood tests post #1 and #62

and Metabolic Panel post #1
    JanSz-Metabolic Analysis and Cellular Energy
  3. New Member

thank you for the help janSz, how can i find a doctor to order another blood test. i went to a primary care doctor and he said all my levels were fine and he would see me in a year and there is no reason to re test untill then.

most of the endo's ive talked to require a referall and my doctor will not give one.
    •   

4. Professional Member

thank you for the help janSz, how can i find a doctor to order another blood test. i went to a primary care doctor and he said all my levels were fine and he would see me in a year and there is no reason to re test untill then.

most of the endo's ive talked to require a referall and my doctor will not give one.
    My doctor is in Fair Lawn Nj 07410

On one of my posts in

I give all kind of ways to find a doctor.

That usually is Osteopath.
  5. Registered User

Where is your location
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    As with a few other people I am working with and my self I have made dietary changes to help them to free uip there testosterone.
    Do you have a link to some good info regarding diet and testosterone? I've been searching around but have come up with so much stuff with so many different viewpoints. I tend to think along the lines of the rest of the people on this board and i know you're a pretty young guy Hardasnails, like me, so could u send me in the right direction regarding this info? I recently starting following "the zone" diet for my maintenance and general health. It talks a bit about this but i'm not totally convinced by what Dr. Sears (author of The Zone) has to say.

Thanks
  7. Advanced Member

Doesn't ZMA increase free testosterone?
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    Doesn't ZMA increase free testosterone?
    Only if you can aborb the zinc. Alot of people with hormonal problems have hard time with zinc up take ie (thyroid, testosterone)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 03:00 PM
  2. Low free testosterone and anxiety
    By ebauman in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 11:01 PM
  3. Low free testosteron:-(
    By MrZ in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 07:31 PM