Storage of supplemets.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am rearanging my Family room and it looks like the place where I would keep my supplements will be my garage.
Summer max 105F
Winter min 15F

last 30 years.

Should I worry about this?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Do you really need an entire room to store supplements?. If you do, you might have a problem. Time for ,

http://www.aetv.com/intervention/
That was interesting video.
Yes comparing to average Joe I am supplements junkie.
My supplements supply however are contained in about 2'x2'x2' space. Sorry if I made you believe that I am using whole Family room for this purpose.
I wish I could use one whole room in the house just for myself.
---------
Back to original question.
Will the supplements spoil if exposed to (+105F to -15F) range of temperatures.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know if they will spoil or not. Usually they will last well past the expiration date, but they should be kept in a dark cool place.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
That was interesting video.
Yes comparing to average Joe I am supplements junkie.
My supplements supply however are contained in about 2'x2'x2' space. Sorry if I made you believe that I am using whole Family room for this purpose.
I wish I could use one whole room in the house just for myself.
---------
Back to original question.
Will the supplements spoil if exposed to (+105F to -15F) range of temperatures.
It depends on the substance/supplement. Some are much more temp sensitive than others but I would be very concerned with that fluctuation. Even something that might do well in teh cold would have real troubles in a 105F sweltering garage, and vice versa. I would look for somewhere else.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
It depends on the substance/supplement. Some are much more temp sensitive than others but I would be very concerned with that fluctuation. Even something that might do well in teh cold would have real troubles in a 105F sweltering garage, and vice versa. I would look for somewhere else.
I was afraid that is what you are going to say.
Makes sense.

RPHMark

Awards
Cold is usually not a big deal, but anything above 80 or so for extended periods would be a bad idea. Also, and maybe more important, would be the possibility of higher humidity in a garage. That would be a huge problem.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Cold is usually not a big deal, but anything above 80 or so for extended periods would be a bad idea. Also, and maybe more important, would be the possibility of higher humidity in a garage. That would be a huge problem.
Humidity most likely should not be a problem.
All supplements are in jars with screw tops.
I would open the jars indors where I keep about 75F.
==================================
Note on temperature;
for long time my comfortable indoor summer/winter temperature was 77F.
Whenewer I can I am in shorts and no shirt.
Lately I prefer 75F when sitting iddle.

I think it may have to do with my (hopefully) better adjusted thyroid.

RPHMark

Awards
Even with "tight" closures somehow humidity always works it's evil if the levels are higher than are normally found indoors. Unless they are packaged under nitrogen or sealed in airtight (vacuum-packed) plastic I wouldn't trust them in a garage.