bored at work ESTROGEN

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
stupid i know....but as i said......bored..

anyone watch CSI??? well the other nite the coroner told grissom that a male had an estrogen level of 250 PICAMOLS.....if im not mistake pmol, what my labs are in..

Grissom said, "thats 5 times the avg male"...im guessing 50pmol?

so im thinking, while my E2 appears normal at 104(range<220) since its such a broad range, im actually 2x normal?? if it was the same test....

also, b4 TRT estradiol was 78, now its in the 100's and i've had more sexual "issues" than b4....so even if E2 is normal, could i just be sensitive to estrogen???

phats

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea about this subject.

But...

In other words, try not to learn anything from CSI.

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
obviously...but MOST shows do have medical research and **** as to not look like morons quoting crap that is incorrect..

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
that was a good episode tho. i can't wait to see the other one.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
obviously...but MOST shows do have medical research and **** as to not look like morons quoting crap that is incorrect..
Yet that don't have wikipedia to look up how many bits are in a byte?

Gimme an ECC and 10ug of EKG and talk **** to me STAT!

Which is not to say I don't like CSI... House... Dexter... etc etc... Still this is a good topic and I would love to hear if they got it right or not.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
stupid i know....but as i said......bored..

anyone watch CSI??? well the other nite the coroner told grissom that a male had an estrogen level of 250 PICAMOLS.....if im not mistake pmol, what my labs are in..

Grissom said, "thats 5 times the avg male"...im guessing 50pmol?

so im thinking, while my E2 appears normal at 104(range<220) since its such a broad range, im actually 2x normal?? if it was the same test....

also, b4 TRT estradiol was 78, now its in the 100's and i've had more sexual "issues" than b4....so even if E2 is normal, could i just be sensitive to estrogen???

phats
Why do not you just drive south of the border and do estrogen test that you will be able to understand and use.

Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)
Estrogens, Fractionated, LC/MS/MS (36742X)
Estrogen, Total, Serum (439X)
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
Dihydrotestosterone, Free, Serum (36168X)

Quest Diagnostics: Test Menu

find nearest place here:
Quest Diagnostics: Patient Service Centers

actually you coul probably could have it done in Canada, just have to call and find out.

Quest Diagnostics: Our Growing International Presence

International
Barbara Buckley
Administrative Assistant, International
Contact
=======================================
North America - Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Dominican Republic
South America - Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile
Europe - England, France, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Finland, Sweden
Asia - Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, Guam, India
Australia - Australia, New Zealand
=========================================

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Why do not you just drive south of the border and do estrogen test that you will be able to understand and use.
The mole was added to the SI more than 30 years and has been adopted in most countries of the world except the US.

We're so allergic to adopting new systems of measurement in the US that it will probably take another 30 years for us to start using it here.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
The mole was added to the SI more than 30 years and has been adopted in most countries of the world except the US.

We're so allergic to adopting new systems of measurement in the US that it will probably take another 30 years for us to start using it here.
It is not really about units,
units can be converted,
it is about quality of the tests themself.