Update on my TRT treatment

  1. New Member
    T800's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    17.32%

    Update on my TRT treatment


    Hi All,

    I've been given the green light by Dr Mariano to use Dermacrine Sustain instead of TRT. He has concerns over effectiveness, but I assured him that if it didn't seem to work, I'd go back to traditional TRT. I'd like for it to work since TRT is a high maintenance therapy involving several drugs.

    I've been on Nolvadex as sole TRT for about the last 3 months. For about 5 months, I was on Test + HCG, but had to abandon it due to heavy adrenal fatigue and problems with E2. Nolvadex is very stable TRT for me, but it completely destroys my libido...a side effect that is very hard to live with.

    Here are my last lab results. They were taken at noon (vs the usual 8am), so the results are a little skewed. The Testosterone is probably closer to 550 in my estimation.

    9/25/07
    Total Testosterone: 479 (241-827)
    Free Testosterone: 130 (34-194)
    Free and Weakly Bound Testosterone: 273 (84-402)
    Estradiol aka E2: 20 (13-54)
    DHT: 32 (25-75)
    SHBG: 23 (5-49)
    Free T3: 411 (230-420)
    Free T4: 1.5 (0.8-1.8)

    I've cut my Nolvadex back to 10mg/day and started Derma Sustain on Sunday, Oct 14th. So, I'm 4 days in. So far, I feel pretty good. Sustain seems to be helping Mr Happy so far. :-)

    Sonny

  2. New Member
    Megazoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    32.7%

    Good to hear it Sonny. I have been closely follwing your progress, i really thought you had nailed it with the TRT + HCG.

    I can't decide between 125 and 250mg of testosterone weekly (split into two dosages) alongside HCG twice weekly. Been trying to contact Dr M, but it seem's impossible the past few months.

    Did you ever try levothyroixine instead of armour? Did you ever want to move up to 3 grains a day instead of 2 (i believe 3 is the "norm" - so to speak).

    I was under the impression that 2mb of medrol was quite a low dosage. I spoke with MacDonnell (Jim) yesterday and he is up to 10mg of prednisone (same as medrol i believe) in the space of a month or so.He's feeling allot better too...Think he's doing the usual 125mg a week routine.
  3. New Member
    T800's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    17.32%

    Hey Dave,

    I definitely felt really good on Test + HCG, but it seemed a lot harder to keep it dialed in. I might try it again at some point now that Dr M has given me a prescription for Arimidex. I seem to be very sensitive to E2 going above about 25.

    I've had a hard time keeping my blood pressure in check lately. The Armour and Medrol both seem to be key players. At 4mg/day of Medrol and 3 grains/day of Armour, my heart was constantly pounding and I felt out of breath a lot of the time. I've been able to keep my body temp in check with only 2 grains of Armour, 2 mg of Medrol, and 50mg/day of Iodoral. The high Iodoral is supposed to only be for a month (a saturation period). Once I drop back down (if Dr M wants me to do so), I may have to up the Armour again.

    My problem is that I don't seem to adequately convert T4 to T3. So a T4-only med probably wouldn't be ideal for me.

    Cheers,
    Sonny
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2418
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T800 View Post
    Hey Dave,

    I definitely felt really good on Test + HCG, but it seemed a lot harder to keep it dialed in. I might try it again at some point now that Dr M has given me a prescription for Arimidex. I seem to be very sensitive to E2 going above about 25.

    I've had a hard time keeping my blood pressure in check lately. The Armour and Medrol both seem to be key players. At 4mg/day of Medrol and 3 grains/day of Armour, my heart was constantly pounding and I felt out of breath a lot of the time. I've been able to keep my body temp in check with only 2 grains of Armour, 2 mg of Medrol, and 50mg/day of Iodoral. The high Iodoral is supposed to only be for a month (a saturation period). Once I drop back down (if Dr M wants me to do so), I may have to up the Armour again.

    My problem is that I don't seem to adequately convert T4 to T3. So a T4-only med probably wouldn't be ideal for me.

    Cheers,
    Sonny
    Consider testing E2 and FreeE2 using Quest

    Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)
    Quest Diagnostics: Test Menu


    as result of this test you will get:

    /------------------------------------ Estradiol, Free (Males (Adult): < or = 0.45 pg/mL )
    /------------------------------------ Estradiol (Males (Adult): < or = 29 pg/mL)


    I did that test on my lattest Aug30/07 test.
    My E2 was just right but FreeE2 was 60% over the top.
    I increased my Liquidex dose.

    I like liquidex because I can dial in the small changes in dosing.

    See my post #62 for my FreeE2 test.

    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007
  5. New Member
    T800's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    17.32%

    Thanks, Jan. My ins company denied coverage of arimidex. So, I will have to stick to the liquid stuff because there's no way I'm paying $300+ for 30 1mg pills.

    Sonny
  6. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2418
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T800 View Post
    Thanks, Jan. My ins company denied coverage of arimidex. So, I will have to stick to the liquid stuff because there's no way I'm paying $300+ for 30 1mg pills.

    Sonny
    That is good news, you will be using product that is easier to live with,
    but ask doctor for a script for Arimidex anyhow, specially if you are working and one day may have drugs testing.
  7. New Member
    Nemesis RR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    45
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    131
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    67.85%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    That is good news, you will be using product that is easier to live with,
    but ask doctor for a script for Arimidex anyhow, specially if you are working and one day may have drugs testing.
    Good advice.
  8. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    That is good news, you will be using product that is easier to live with,
    but ask doctor for a script for Arimidex anyhow, specially if you are working and one day may have drugs testing.
    Sunny with your test restuls i would suspect no need for armidex at all. and the product should help control the estrogens
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Update on my tatt..
    By xxtruxx1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 12:13 AM
  2. An update on my HRT
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 04:52 PM
  3. CEE in PCT? Update on my SD cycle
    By ali11atc in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 02:40 PM
  4. Update on my cut
    By Buffster in forum Pics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 06:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in