How much of injected test is absorbed?

  1. New Member
    Nemesis RR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    45
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    130
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    65.7%

    How much of injected test is absorbed?


    The human body makes 11mg of test at BEST a day. At 100mg of test a week in 2 doses (50 2X every 3.5 days) results in 15 to 11 mg per day. Yet some people to not reach the top of the range. What is going on?

  2. New Member
    Joejoebaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    23.73%

    From my understanding you absorb about 70% of a test injection.
  3. New Member
    Kasumeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    103
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    14.51%

    Testosterone injections are not pure testosterone. They contain a lot of oil.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    373
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    32.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasumeat View Post
    Testosterone injections are not pure testosterone. They contain a lot of oil.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think the issue is the oil.

    If you have testosterone enanthate at 100 mg/cc, if you inject 1 cc, you are, in fact getting 100 mg of testosterone enanthate.

    That said (and similar to what you noted about not being "pure test"), testosterone enanthate (or cypionate, propionate, etc...) is an esterfied version of testosterone.

    The esters are attached to the testosterone to slow its release, and you have to figure that into the net measured weight of the testosterone.

    Said another way, 100 mg of testosterone enanthate contains less testosterone than, say, 100 mg of straight testosterone suspension due to the weight of the enanthate ester.

    100 mg testosterone enanthate contains approximately 72 mg testosterone.

    So if you are injecting 1 cc of 100 mg/cc TE per week, I would think that would be 72/7 or an average of 10 point something per day testosterone.

    But, you also have to take into consideration the PKs of the particular ester and I don't think you're getting an average dose per day; I believe most release in a somewhat "frontloaded" fashion with a taper towards the end of the week.

    I understand this to be why it is recommended to inject hCG on the two days prior to your shot.

    -----------------------------

    However, that still doesn't speak to the original question which was

    "The human body makes 11mg of test at BEST a day. At 100mg of test a week in 2 doses (50 2X every 3.5 days) results in 15 to 11 mg per day. Yet some people to not reach the top of the range. What is going on?"

    I think "what's going on" is a complex issue which involves the way an individual is metabolizing the testosterone.

    For example, you would have to consider the resultant decrease in your endogenous production, how much is aromatizing to estrogen and how much is converting to DHT, among other things.

    Again, my resounding disclaimer is that I am basically regurgitating from a book, Anabolics 2007, which I think is a must read.
  5. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think the issue is the oil.

    If you have testosterone enanthate at 100 mg/cc, if you inject 1 cc, you are, in fact getting 100 mg of testosterone enanthate.

    That said (and similar to what you noted about not being "pure test"), testosterone enanthate (or cypionate, propionate, etc...) is an esterfied version of testosterone.

    The esters are attached to the testosterone to slow its release, and you have to figure that into the net measured weight of the testosterone.

    Said another way, 100 mg of testosterone enanthate contains less testosterone than, say, 100 mg of straight testosterone suspension due to the weight of the enanthate ester.

    100 mg testosterone enanthate contains approximately 72 mg testosterone.

    So if you are injecting 1 cc of 100 mg/cc TE per week, I would think that would be 72/7 or an average of 10 point something per day testosterone.

    But, you also have to take into consideration the PKs of the particular ester and I don't think you're getting an average dose per day; I believe most release in a somewhat "frontloaded" fashion with a taper towards the end of the week.

    I understand this to be why it is recommended to inject hCG on the two days prior to your shot.

    -----------------------------

    However, that still doesn't speak to the original question which was

    "The human body makes 11mg of test at BEST a day. At 100mg of test a week in 2 doses (50 2X every 3.5 days) results in 15 to 11 mg per day. Yet some people to not reach the top of the range. What is going on?"

    I think "what's going on" is a complex issue which involves the way an individual is metabolizing the testosterone.

    For example, you would have to consider the resultant decrease in your endogenous production, how much is aromatizing to estrogen and how much is converting to DHT, among other things.

    Again, my resounding disclaimer is that I am basically regurgitating from a book, Anabolics 2007, which I think is a must read.
    You may absorb 70 mgs from 100 mgs shot but how fast one metabolises is another story
  6. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,578
    Rep Power
    1215362
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    68.72%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    You absorb 100% of the test, but part of the weight is in the ester. For Test E, about 30% of the weight is in the ester, but the rest is test.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  7. New Member
    Kasumeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    103
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    14.51%

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think the issue is the oil.
    The ester is oil. . . .
  8. Professional Member
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    2189
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    46.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    what were injecting is synthetic. Nothing beats the real deal
  9. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    373
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    32.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasumeat View Post
    The ester is oil. . . .
    I think we need an expert here.

    My understanding is that the ester is a carbooxylic acid attached to the testosterone molecule.

    Though that will make it more oil soluble, I don't think the ester is the oil.
  10. New Member
    Kasumeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    103
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    14.51%

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I think we need an expert here.

    My understanding is that the ester is a carbooxylic acid attached to the testosterone molecule.

    Though that will make it more oil soluble, I don't think the ester is the oil.
    Okay, I think that you're right.

    What's important is that the reason that 100mg of test e (or any other injectable) is not the same as 100mg of test is because test e is not pure test.
  11. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    373
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    32.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasumeat View Post
    Okay, I think that you're right.

    What's important is that the reason that 100mg of test e (or any other injectable) is not the same as 100mg of test is because test e is not pure test.
    With the exception of testosterone suspension - which is a non-esterfied T injectible - that's correct.

    In fact the same book I reference above gives these net values per 100 mg of the T ester:

    Acetate - 87 mg

    Propionate - 83 mg
    enenthate - 72 mg
    cypionate - 70 mg
    undecanoate - 63 mg

    Again, the book I get this from is Anabolics 2007 by Llewellyn. It is very comprehensive but written in a very "accessible" manor. I think anybody on TRT could benefit from reading it.
  12. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    what were injecting is synthetic. Nothing beats the real deal
    im gonna have to agree with this.

    The ester is a given, we should know that there is ester weight involved. I think it has to do with conversion and absorbtion...its not the same as natural production.
  13. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    373
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    32.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    I think it has to do with conversion and absorbtion...its not the same as natural production.
    In fact, I think that's the more relevant answer to the original question.


    Regardless of how much net test weight you're left with - whether it's 60 or 70% - where the test goes (metabolites E2, DHT, etc...) and the individual's metabolism are key issues.
  14. New Member
    Nemesis RR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    45
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    130
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    65.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    With the exception of testosterone suspension - which is a non-esterfied T injectible - that's correct.

    In fact the same book I reference above gives these net values per 100 mg of the T ester:

    Acetate - 87 mg

    Propionate - 83 mg
    enenthate - 72 mg
    cypionate - 70 mg
    undecanoate - 63 mg

    Again, the book I get this from is Anabolics 2007 by Llewellyn. It is very comprehensive but written in a very "accessible" manor. I think anybody on TRT could benefit from reading it.
    This what I got from the product insert for depo-test:

    Each mL of the 100 mg/mL solution contains:
    Testosterone cypionate..................... .............................. .............................. .. 100 mg
    Benzyl benzoate .............................. .............................. .............................. .... 0.1 mL
    Cottonseed oil .............................. .............................. .............................. ...... 736 mg
    Benzyl alcohol (as preservative) .............................. .............................. ......... 9.45 mg

    I got it from here: http://www.allthingsmale.com/pdfs/te...0cypionate.pdf

    I am wondering at what dose would someone be at he high end or at dose X you should be at total test of X.

    Also does your present muscle mass have an effect?
  15. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    373
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    32.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis RR View Post

    I am wondering at what dose would someone be at he high end or at dose X you should be at total test of X.

    Also does your present muscle mass have an effect?
    Interesting questions.

    I don't think you could correlate an X:X relationship, but I would bet that for most people, somewhere around 250 - 300 mg of test cyp a week would put them at the high end of the physiological range.

    Of course, I'm basing that on straight math; you still have to take into consideration how much would aromatize to E, convert to DHT.

    I don't know if muscle mass per se would have an effect, but I would think fat storage (especially central adiposity) would play a role in aromatization.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How much of a Free T increase is noticeable?
    By UCSMiami in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2014, 11:08 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 05:27 PM
  3. How much transermal 1-test for me?
    By handzilla in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 09:19 PM
  4. How much of t4 gel?
    By tommyboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 10:26 PM
  5. how much of ph can fit in. ..
    By alittlewhiteboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 03:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in