Lab results, 21y/o

munique

Awards
hi,
I'm a 21y/o male who has been on nebido for the last 2 year. My endo has decided to cease treatment in june as my testosterone levels are within normal range. I will be going for another review at the end of this year.

my recent lab results revealed that i have anemia.
however, according to the results, my macrocytes are up, indicative of megoblastic anemia. BUT my b12 levels are 583pmol/L and folic acid levels are 53.5nmol/L and my ferritin levels are 56 and potassium levels of 4.0mmol/L

so my GP says i need a iron and potassium supplement, whereas my endo says i shld be supplementing with a b-complex.
who is right in this case and what is causing the increase in macrocytes exactly? both of my doctors could not give me a definite answer, which is just highly suspect :/

i also had my thyroid checked:
Free T4 : 11.3pmol/L
tsh : 2.55 uIU/mL

current testosterone : 12.5nmol/L

rick055

Awards
  • Established
I can't answer your question, but would you mind sharing with us how you felt on the Nebido?

How much were you injecting how often?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
hi,
I'm a 21y/o male who has been on nebido for the last 2 year. My endo has decided to cease treatment in june as my testosterone levels are within normal range. I will be going for another review at the end of this year.

my recent lab results revealed that i have anemia.
however, according to the results, my macrocytes are up, indicative of megoblastic anemia. BUT my b12 levels are 583pmol/L and folic acid levels are 53.5nmol/L and my ferritin levels are 56 and potassium levels of 4.0mmol/L

so my GP says i need a iron and potassium supplement, whereas my endo says i shld be supplementing with a b-complex.
who is right in this case and what is causing the increase in macrocytes exactly? both of my doctors could not give me a definite answer, which is just highly suspect :/

i also had my thyroid checked:
Free T4 : 11.3pmol/L
tsh : 2.55 uIU/mL

current testosterone : 12.5nmol/L
Ferritin levels of 56 are not bad may be do 50 mgs of chelated iron a day for 2-3 months then get retested and eat plenty of red meat and some black strap molasses is good as well. You may need to increase vitamin C to increase iron absorption. Ferritin levels for normal males are about half way mark on the ranges, but with ferritin more is not better. I suggest people to keep it about mid range or even a tad bit below better to error on the side of caution then anything with iron. People that need supplement with potassium need to eat more fruits and veggies rather then to get it from a supplement. Potassium level are more dicated by medcines and manly insulin levels.

I would supplement with 5,000 mcgs sublingual methylcobalonin and 2000 mcgs folic acid and that should take care of alot of problems.

There are 60 different types of anemias where one exists other mask it. What looks like a folic acid defieincy is actually a b-12 and vice versa so both have to be supplemented as well as iron..there is acctually an iron suppment I had that contained all indredents in vit B coenzymatic form along with iron. Same company that make thyroid helper I am pretty sure..

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
pmol.... canadian??

your test levels SUCK, especially for a 21yr old... 360ng...

phats

enter JANZ, patent get this blood test copy and paste....lol

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
pmol.... canadian??

your test levels SUCK, especially for a 21yr old... 360ng...

phats

enter JANZ, patent get this blood test copy and paste....lol
we need ranges and conversions please to make comments other wise we are shooting in the dark.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
his test of 12.5nmol would be.. 10-30nmol

phats
AMERICAN !! NG/DL LOL
well thats still low BY FAR !!

If i was going to deal with this client i would have to do a hour or 2 interview or questionaire on life style behaviors and so forth to see if any slight changes can be made to improve his levels. I have an idea it may be cortisol or stress (lifestyle related) altered sleep patterns and typical things that young adults deal with the problem of environmnetal stress which we really did know about 10 years a go is making a hidden impact of cellular metabolis on top of daily stresses and is causing basically mitochondiron dsyfunction unseen by blood tests

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
:bruce1: come on HAN!@!

earlier i converted it to 360NG....hell i have the 0.347 memorized for ya...

you GOTTA KNOW BY NOW THE RANGE...

300-1100ng/dl

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
:bruce1: come on HAN!@!

earlier i converted it to 360NG....hell i have the 0.347 memorized for ya...

you GOTTA KNOW BY NOW THE RANGE...

300-1100ng/dl
ok thyroid next please LOL

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
im an idiot... my wife has this done all the time...trying to think of the range....

i THINK it 10-21pmol for FREE T4

just checked... 10.2-19.6pmol...

munique

Awards
hey,
on nebido, i recieved one dose (1000 mg testosterone
undecanoate) every 3 mths.
on the first week after injection, my appetite increases, mood and overall wellbeing improves. but 2mths in the good feelings slowly start to wear off. sorry for my poor explanation.

munique

Awards
hi,
sorry for not providing the ranges,
testosterone : 8.4-28.7 nmol/L
Free T4 : 9-25.0pmol/L
tsh : 0.4-4.7 ulU/mL

This is my lipid profile
Total Cholesterol : 160
HDL : 72
Total/HDL ratio : 2.2
LDL : 67
Triglycerides : 106

rick055

Awards
  • Established
hey,
on nebido, i recieved one dose (1000 mg testosterone
undecanoate) every 3 mths.
on the first week after injection, my appetite increases, mood and overall wellbeing improves. but 2mths in the good feelings slowly start to wear off. sorry for my poor explanation.
That's not a poor explanation and actually confirms what I had thought about Nebido.

I think Nebido could be a very promising therapy, but IMO the titration/injection frequency could be better fine tuned.

For example, current CW for most docs is 200 mg enanthate every 2 weeks; cutting edge TRT docs do 100 mg per week which better matches the PKs of the shot.

That said, I'm not wondering if a smaller dose of Nebido more frequently might be a good idea. 500 mg every month?

Food for thought, anyways.