My Comprehensive Metabolic Panel

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't know where elese to post this. This section seemed to be a good fit because it falls under "Health".

I am uploading it as a PDF file.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
looks pretty good overall! total cholesterol a little high, but the hdl/ldl ratio is ok, and 200 is the peak, so you are just over it

MarkLA

Awards
I think ideally for heart, you want more HDL than you have (60+) and probably less LDL. Niacin (not no-flush Niacin) is good for that. You need a Dr. to monitor you if you do that to make sure there's no adverse reactions.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought that 100 was really high for fasting glucose. I guess the doctor doesn't think its a problem though. At least to me that would indicate Metabolic Syndrome or Syndrome X. Maybe I'm over-analysizing though...

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I didn't know where elese to post this. This section seemed to be a good fit because it falls under "Health".

I am uploading it as a PDF file.
My glucose tests

Glucose, Fasting=98(65-99)mg/dL LEF(70-85)
Glucose, fasting=105(65-99) mg/dL LEF(70-85)

Hemoglobin A1C=5.4%(<6%) LEF Below 4.6%

Post#11 and #23
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13.html
Some supplement that I started in attempt to control my glucose.

lately I added
http://www.lef.org/newshop/items/item00925.html
Mega Benfotiamine
250 mg, 120 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 925

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I thought that 100 was really high for fasting glucose. I guess the doctor doesn't think its a problem though. At least to me that would indicate Metabolic Syndrome or Syndrome X. Maybe I'm over-analysizing though...

Fasting glucose could be better. It's at the very top of the normal range. Low- to mid- 90's would be better, and not very difficult to achieve, for most.

Was the blood drawn first thing in the morning? In some people, early morning fasting glucose is a little elevated. If I get blood drawn first thing in the AM, fasting glucose is usu. 102-103. However, during the day, my fasting level is high
80's - low 90's.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess I over-reacted. Still I'm somewhat worried about my bp which was 140/88. Also yes this was first thing in the morning.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey just to update you guys, it seems I still sweat more than normal, well to me anyway. Also I seem to get hot for an hour or so and then go back to normal temparature. I mean I have to change into shorts and then back into pants, because I am that hot. I seem to get even hotter after eating.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Hey just to update you guys, it seems I still sweat more than normal, well to me anyway. Also I seem to get hot for an hour or so and then go back to normal temparature. I mean I have to change into shorts and then back into pants, because I am that hot. I seem to get even hotter after eating.
low e2 - increases insulin sensitivity- increases t4 to t3 conversion - increases shbg

3 people I know of you have been on AI for a long time or at high dosages short time had
low t4 to t3 ratio T4 was much lower then t3 due to the low e2 increases t4 to t3 conversion.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
low e2 - increases insulin sensitivity- increases t4 to t3 conversion - increases shbg

3 people I know of you have been on AI for a long time or at high dosages short time had
low t4 to t3 ratio T4 was much lower then t3 due to the low e2 increases t4 to t3 conversion.

Uh...What?. I really don't have the background you do judging by what you wrote. Can you explain in it in laymans terms?. I did have more blood tests done, they just have not come back to me yet. I called my doctor today to ask, but the receptionist just took my name and phone number and never got back to me.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Uh...What?. I really don't have the background you do judging by what you wrote. Can you explain in it in laymans terms?. I did have more blood tests done, they just have not come back to me yet. I called my doctor today to ask, but the receptionist just took my name and phone number and never got back to me.

your lipid profile can be corrected with fish oils and proper omega 6:3 ratio of 4:1. Instead of using flax seed oil use hemp seed oil. It will not cause an imbalance as flaxseed if used for a long peroid of time (it did me in thats for sure)

1 tsp BID of carlsons fish oils for 3 months retest lipids
add more fiber to your diet mainly soluable with bind lipids in the intestinal track resulting in 30-40 point drop in cholestrol over 3 months perioid. You may have begining stages of metabolic syndrome or inuslin resistance unless you get life style and eating patterns back in balance. When hormone test comes backbank on shbg being 13-20 range because of increased insulin production as indicated by choleserol and LDL levels. for liver enzyme add some choline to bring liver enzyme down and it helps out insulin resistance. Continue on this pathway you will most likely become type 2 diabetic in 10-15 years. bank on testosterone being in the 300-400 range, with high e2 30-40 range. excessive e2 increases insulin - increases tricglycerides, ldl, and lower hdl,

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
your lipid profile can be corrected with fish oils and proper omega 6:3 ratio of 4:1. Instead of using flax seed oil use hemp seed oil. It will not cause an imbalance as flaxseed if used for a long peroid of time (it did me in thats for sure)

1 tsp BID of carlsons fish oils for 3 months retest lipids
add more fiber to your diet mainly soluable with bind lipids in the intestinal track resulting in 30-40 point drop in cholestrol over 3 months perioid. You may have begining stages of metabolic syndrome or inuslin resistance unless you get life style and eating patterns back in balance. When hormone test comes backbank on shbg being 13-20 range because of increased insulin production as indicated by choleserol and LDL levels. for liver enzyme add some choline to bring liver enzyme down and it helps out insulin resistance. Continue on this pathway you will most likely become type 2 diabetic in 10-15 years. bank on testosterone being in the 300-400 range, with high e2 30-40 range. excessive e2 increases insulin - increases tricglycerides, ldl, and lower hdl,

Well I am changing my diet to one more high in fiber as of last week. I was under the impression that my cholesterol levels were fine though. I just didn't understand the hormones that you were talking about. E2, T4, T3, I have a basic understanding of SHBG, and understand that T3 and T4 have to do with thyroid. Otherwise I am pretty lost.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Well I am changing my diet to one more high in fiber as of last week. I was under the impression that my cholesterol levels were fine though. I just didn't understand the hormones that you were talking about. E2, T4, T3, I have a basic understanding of SHBG, and understand that T3 and T4 have to do with thyroid. Otherwise I am pretty lost.
Your HDL is too low and your LDL is too high. LDL should be under 130, HDL should be about mid-50's or higher - best to have HDL or 60 or more.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Your HDL is too low and your LDL is too high. LDL should be under 130, HDL should be about mid-50's or higher - best to have HDL or 60 or more.
adding fish oil and fiber will solve that problem

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
adding fish oil and fiber will solve that problem
I do have some fish oil, I just have not been taking it consistantly. Also on the fiber, I just started eating more fiber. I try to get at least 25 grams a day, some days up to 40. Maltex definitely helps with that. I was formerly on a carb-cyling type diet. Now I can have carbs, but I have been eating mostly high fiber carbs, whole wheat bread, Maltex, plain oatmeal, wheat pasta.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I do have some fish oil, I just have not been taking it consistantly. Also on the fiber, I just started eating more fiber. I try to get at least 25 grams a day, some days up to 40. Maltex definitely helps with that. I was formerly on a carb-cyling type diet. Now I can have carbs, but I have been eating mostly high fiber carbs, whole wheat bread, Maltex, plain oatmeal, wheat pasta.
If fish oils, fiber, exercise does not control then controling by increasing insulin sensitivity then metformin or gynemma may be next in line, or addressing hidden thyroid or cortisol issues, and if that does not work red rice sure the hell will !!

MarkLA

Awards
Niacin (under Dr. advice to monitor bloodwork) will also raise HDL, lower LDL.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If fish oils, fiber, exercise does not control then controling by increasing insulin sensitivity then metformin or gynemma may be next in line, or addressing hidden thyroid or cortisol issues, and if that does not work red rice sure the hell will !!

The thing is I just took 2 weeks off of my cardio. My libidio actually increased a lot. Also I have had more energy. The hot flashes continue though. I was doing cardio 1 hour a day 6 days a week. I didn't have one day in which I didn't do any exercise. I think I may have been over-trained. I want to start the cardio again, but I also want to wait till I get results from my x-rays. I had X-rays on my knees finally, because they have been crunching every time I bend my knees since April. I was running on the street for cardio back then. I really enjoyed it, and if there is nothing wrong with my knees I want to go back to it again. I like it better than any other type of cardio. Nothing gets my heart rate up as fast and consistantly. I liked it so much I kept running even after my knees started crunching. Also a few times my toes started bleeding and bled through my sneakers, but it didn't hurt so I kept running. If I feel a little pain thats no problem for me, it helps me feel more alive. I just want to get the doctors ok before I get back into the heavy cardio, maybe start at 3 times a week instead of 6?

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Maltex definitely helps with that. QUOTE]

Maltex?!?! I didn't know that it still existed. My mom used to fix it for us for breakfast every morning before we left for school during the winter to fortify us for the walk to school in the upstate New York winter.