Varicoceles - New Research & Findings

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Okay it has been about two weeks since my surgery .... I still have pain especially with erections at the base .... I had a bilateral Varicocele so I have two incisions just above my penis ....
    My questions are for those who have had theirs fixed ....

At what point did you see the improvements in your erections and the ED fading away ?

Is the ED issue gone totally or is it something that we are now cursed with because we had varicoceles ?

I beleive that mine was only present noticibly for about a year, whereas most of the others that are posting seems to have had theirs for years .... Does anyone think that the time frame in which these are corrected could improve the chances for a full recovery ?

Has anyone that has gone on T-RT as a result of the recovery failing and kinda forced onto T-HT ?

Thanks for your answers ....

2. I've setup another message board and invite all.

http://varicocelesupport.activeboard.com/

Very new and nothing happening yet, but hopefully we can get it rolling and get some good info.
    •   

3. Beckerj's website

Beck's website is worth checking out if you have a varicocele. I'm still struggling with mine and currently looking for a new doc that is up to date on surgery techniques and will do a full run of blood tests for hormone levels. The farther away from a city you are the harder it is to find one (it seems). The last urologist I went to said since sperm count is within acceptable range I'm fine.

4. Quote Originally Posted by zues View Post
    The last urologist I went to said since sperm count is within acceptable range I'm fine.
    Tell them it hurts constantly. My doc said they will operate for fertility or pain.

5. I have had 2 varicocele operations. One when I was 13 the other when I was 20. And yes I still have the problem. What a shock!

I am now 29 and getting ready to have a embolization done this Friday 1/11.

I've noticed the pain had been slowly getting worse. Mainly when I workout and for a few hours after I work out.

Part of me thinks I shouldnt get it done but the other part of me doesnt want to screw around and cause testical damage.

Back when I was 20 I was told my testical that had the varicocele had slightly atrophied. But when I had an ultrasound last year and

the year before I was told they are the same size. So apparently my shrinkage reversed.

Dont want that to happen again.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by markm455 View Post
    I am now 29 and getting ready to have a embolization done this Friday 1/11
    I think you're making the right decision. I am having the same thing done in the next couple of weeks as soon as they can schedule me. My story is above (I changed my username from 'de49152' to 'LeanGuy').

Basically I have a lot of shrinkage on that side as well as a test level around 300 and I am only 33!! I've never done steroids, so I blame the varicocele even though most doctors deny it. I've lived with this problem for years, and only wish I'd fixed it sooner.

Planning to do some HCG after healing to reverse the shrinkage and hopefully restore my natural test levels, my FSH & LH are still good. I am using compounded test gel in the mean time but it's not working well, seems to not be absorbing.

Good luck Mark, and let's keep updating this thread with our progress and results.

-LeanGuy

7. I woud not do the Embolization .... IT seems like the easy way ... but from what I have read the micro-surgery is the best option .... I had mine done on Dec 14 .... I am pretty well healed ... although waiting for the T to come back to where it shouldbe ....

8. how do we get HCG ?

9. Quote Originally Posted by beckerj View Post
    I woud not do the Embolization .... IT seems like the easy way ... but from what I have read the micro-surgery is the best option
    Got any links comparing the methods? My urologist said embolization is the latest & greatest option for this problem.

10. Quote Originally Posted by beckerj View Post
    how do we get HCG ?
    Prescription only, injections.

11. Thanks for the feedback leanguy and beckerj.

I am currently limited to the embolization. At least that what the urologist told me. Due to my past 3 surgeries (I had 2 verico surgeries and 1 for a hydrocele created from the verico's) the doc advised it would be best to do embolization because of scar tissue in groin area from the other operations.

I am so sick of having to deal with this crap. I hope this 4th freakin surgury gets the job done!

12. Quote Originally Posted by markm455 View Post
    I am so sick of having to deal with this crap. I hope this 4th freakin surgury gets the job done!
    I hear ya... I'm gonna follow the doc's advice, I'm set up for embolization a week after you.

13. Guess we are all suffering together

I just try and tell myself that their are lots worse health problems to have... but it still pisses me off.

I will be sure to keep you guys posted on how it turns out.

14. I am going to urologist tomorrow to try to get a referal to a doctor who does the more effective micro surgery. Anyone have a list of what blood testing I should have done? Has anyone had before and after surgery bloodwork done? Also, how are u guys doing after your surgery or embolization?

15. My micro surgery went well .... Doc ligated 20 on my left and 7 on my right .... Let me just say that before the surgery was HELL and not the same person .... It has now been a full month of recovery .... I can tell a significant difference in my mind and a slight difference in my sexual health .... Doc has ordered a follow up testosterone test in march ....

16. Beckerj, How was your physical recovery? I work a very physical job 7 days a week and was wondering about how long I might be laid up.

17. To be honest you will not want to lift anything over the weight of a 24 pack of pop for about 3 to 6 weeks .... You gotta remember that once those veins are ligated that they are going to start using the smaller peripheral viens .... Too much exertion on them from the get go could cause another varicocele to form .... I have been VERY careful not to lift unless i had to .... As for the stuck in bed part that was only a couple of days .... to be honest though I would do it again ....

18. I just had my embolization done earlier today!! The only painful part was the IV... I hate them. But so far I am very happy-- I can already tell the pressure has been released on the "bag of worms" and it has shrunken considerably. Can't wait to see if my atrophy reverses. I'll keep updating my progress.

19. Way to Go LeanGuy .... I saw on another thread though that you are trying all kinds of different supplements to kick start your boys .... If I were you I would stop all of them and just start taking pycogynol and a b complex .... I too have been trying STUFF and let's just say I hope I have not wrecked my natural progress .... I tried the sustain alpha for 5 days last week and wanted to do "Something" this weekend with the other half and let's just say that I had similar feelings of anxiety that I did before the surgery .... So I think adding all the supplements we are may hurt us in the long run .... I am not taking anything now but the pygcogynol and the b complex .... I am waiting on the tongkat ali and that will be the last thing I try .... other than that I am going to let my body fix itself and try my best to be patient .... GOD that is the hardest part .... the waiting ....

20. Quote Originally Posted by beckerj View Post
    the pygcogynol and the b complex .... I am waiting on the tongkat ali and that will be the last thing I try .... other than that I am going to let my body fix itself and try my best to be patient .... GOD that is the hardest part .... the waiting ....
    What is pycnogynol supposed to do for hormones? I do have some here.

I am going to try a clomid script, because its not supressive, and can hopefully reverse some of the atropy I've experienced from this varicocele.

Yeah, waiting sucks. Some days I am so sick of having low T, I want to go to the doc and say "just gimme the damn shots"!!
    Would probably regret that decision without knowing if the "boyz" can recover on their own.

21. The pycogynol is supposed to help with strengthening the viens .... so we don't get the varicoclele again .... hopefully .... I wish I could get the clomid .... what did you have to do to get it ? or do you have a good doc ?

22. Quote Originally Posted by beckerj View Post
    The pycogynol is supposed to help with strengthening the viens .... so we don't get the varicoclele again .... hopefully .... I wish I could get the clomid .... what did you have to do to get it ? or do you have a good doc ?
    I'm seeing a natural doc and she's writing a script for it. Where are you located?

23. Columbus Ohio .... You ?

24. Quote Originally Posted by beckerj View Post
    Columbus Ohio .... You ?
    Southern CA. Sorry, don't know any docs in Ohio. Have you tried the life extension site?

Life Extension Foundation: Directory Of Innovative Doctors

25. We have not heard from Megazoid in a while .... Wonder how he is doing ....

Maybe we need to have a chime in for all .... Let everyone know how things are progressing ?

I finally found a place on the net to get the nolvadex .... So I am going to give that a try when it comes in ....

All and All my head seems to be more and more clear of thought and not as depressed as before .....

26. Quote Originally Posted by beckerj View Post
    The pycogynol is supposed to help with strengthening the viens .... so we don't get the varicoclele again .... hopefully .... I wish I could get the clomid .... what did you have to do to get it ? or do you have a good doc ?

I found Clomid overseas. Like others said, you can't take it long. Google *************.

27. I've just scheduled my Varicoceles surgery for the end of May. It is not either the embolization or the traditional.

"Laparoscopic varicocele ligation has been performed by many urologists, and reports from several medical centers have been published. The data suggest that laparoscopic varicocele ligation is therapeutically superior to open surgical and radiographic (embolization) techniques. Laparoscopic varicocelectomy appears to reduce postoperative morbidity. Whether it is necessary to identify and preserve the testicular artery during laparoscopic varicocelectomy remains controver*sial. Loughlin and Brooks reported on the use of a laparoscopic Doppler probe that they believe facilitates the identification and preservation of the testicular artery. Matsuda and coworkers claim that the testicular artery does not have to be preserved; they clip the testicular artery and veins en bloc. Further multicenter experience is needed to resolve whether the testicular artery should be preserved dur*ing laparoscopic varicocele ligation. Because the testicular artery is preserved during open surgical repair or radiographic embolization procedures. We generally preserve the testicular artery during varicocelectomy."

You could read more about it and see pictures here:
    http://www.laparoscopyhospital.com/l...ocelectomy.htm

28. That is too funny .... When I went to the interventional raiologist for a consult on the embolization procedure, I asked him if there was a method similar to what this article describes and said no .... I think i would have liked this procedure better than the Micro-Surgery I elected ....

29. Hey i am 21 years old and i was diagnosed with a first degree varicocele. I have had pain for about 2 weeks about a month ago, and thats when i went to check it out. And the doctor said i should refrain from lifting weights for about six months. I just want to know? did any of you guys continue to lift weights, even though you had the varicocele? does bodybuilding make it worse? i havent been to the gym in two months. and thats driving me crazy.

I dont feel the pain now, even though it comes every once and a while. but i have noticed that when i ejaculate there isnt much pressure? is that because of the varicocele?

30. For me .... I noticed pain after orgasm\ejecatulation .... I had a Grade 3 on Left side and Grade 1 on Right .... I had the thing for months, maybe a year at most .... I started having ED issues .... For your Grade 1 I would suggest getting some pycogynol and wearing a jock strap instead of underwear .... That helped me at first and subdued the pain a bit, but I was in a more severe situation than you .... I would lift if you want to lift, I just would not push myself beyond my limits, mainly just to keep tone .... IE I lifted 100, I would cut that to 50 .... It is the straining .... I would also recommend that you lay down for about 30 minutes before work out and an hour after to releive the pressure .... Just my thoughts ....
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 07:19 PM
  2. More PWO Low-GI Proof- New research!
    By DieTrying in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 09:44 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 10:34 AM
  4. New research on Aromasin and Nolva reported
    By jweave23 in forum Anabolics