Varicoceles - New Research & Findings

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    The right one never went back either? Hmm. I'm wondering how that is if you only had the issue with the left... like me. Did you take a serm on post cycle therapy?
    No, the right one was fine the left never recovered. Yeah, I used everything under the sun to get better but to no avail. I also never recovered as far as LH goes, LH was at the bottom range. I think people need to realize that there is always the possibility of permanent shut down. Sometimes, you play, you pay.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    No, the right one was fine the left never recovered. Yeah, I used everything under the sun to get better but to no avail. I also never recovered as far as LH goes, LH was at the bottom range. I think people need to realize that there is always the possibility of permanent shut down. Sometimes, you play, you pay.
    Did you take a serm or AI or anything for pct?
    •   
       


  3. Wow never noticed this thread before but I guess I'll join in cause I have a varicocele on the left side..

    I probably won't have mine fixed because I can't bring myself to surgery unless its essential.. I had a sperm count done a year or so ago and it was right where it should be..

    Ill probably have one done again sometime soon..

    But no pain/lots of sperm/no hanging feeling/only slightly smaller than my right nut is good enough to keep me away from the knife..

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Wow never noticed this thread before but I guess I'll join in cause I have a varicocele on the left side..

    I probably won't have mine fixed because I can't bring myself to surgery unless its essential.. I had a sperm count done a year or so ago and it was right where it should be..

    Ill probably have one done again sometime soon..

    But no pain/lots of sperm/no hanging feeling/only slightly smaller than my right nut is good enough to keep me away from the knife..
    Sounds "exactly" like my case! Let me ask you... have you ever had any issue getting back to size after a PH or AS cycle???

  5. Hey well the only ph Ive really ever done was h-drol.. and in all honesty they stayed the same size as they had been already all the way through (and through pct)..

    Now that I think about it, either I got real lucky and didn't experience shrinkage, or they both got smaller to such a small degree that I couldn't even notice it..

    But with respect to test, my doc said that varicoceles are apparently due to faulty valves that drain blood which is why its already a little smaller on the left.. I'm not sure how strongly low test production actually correlates with varicoceles like low sperm production can.. I mean the high temps can directly hamper sperm production, but test production?

    Anyways haha they both remained the same size in respect to one another and if they shrank at all it wasn't even enough for me to tell.. I just now considered the possibility that they could have at all! and they're presently the fullest I've ever noticed them to be
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post

    But with respect to test, my doc said that varicoceles are apparently due to faulty valves that drain blood which is why its already a little smaller on the left..
    I have heard the same thing from my doctor.

    Varicocoeles are fairly common in men and almost always present on the left side for the reason you said, regardless of AS use.

    I had one well before I ever began HRT.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I had one well before I ever began HRT.
    Same here! I had mine since I was 17-18.. it was weird how it came to my attention but that is a story best saved for later

  8. Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I have heard the same thing from my doctor.

    Varicocoeles are fairly common in men and almost always present on the left side for the reason you said, regardless of AS use.

    I had one well before I ever began HRT.
    Have you had any negative experience with shrinkage not returning back to size (on the vericocele side) after a cycle of PH or AS?

    There doesn't seem to be much info on this matter anywhere!..

  9. This is a very interesting thread. I am 33, left varicocele, with low T, high cortisol, hypothyroid. Currently using compounded TRT.

    Doctors say the varicocele does not affect hormones, but I don't believe them. Do you have any references for your findings?? I think it would help a lot of guys to bring to their Dr's.

    Thanks.

  10. Thanks for all the replies, nice to see this thread is still active.

    I am going to be setting up a testicular and urological website and forum for men very soon. I will also build a collection of refrences and findings for varicoceles to help people present to there doctors, bear with me on this one.

    There are definitelly links between hypothyroidism and varicocele. High cortisol is also strongly linked with over active adrenal cortex (due to the constant inflammation i expect).

    de49152, can you please give me your full story. Did you experience shrinkage/atrophy, ED problems, penile shrinkage, low libido, hypothyroidism symptoms, dry skin, etc? Do you experience pain and discomfort with the varicocele?

    Guy's, if possible give as much information as you can so we can all move forward.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Megazoid View Post
    de49152, can you please give me your full story. Did you experience shrinkage/atrophy, ED problems, penile shrinkage, low libido, hypothyroidism symptoms, dry skin, etc? Do you experience pain and discomfort with the varicocele?
    Here is the full story. I discovered a typical left-side varicocele during a self-exam about 5 years ago, and was confirmed by ultrasound. Doctor said not to worry about it since it wasn't causing me any problems. Had I known what could happen, I would have had a corrective surgery right away!

    Within the last year, the varicocele started feeling uncomfortable. There was a constant heavy feeling, as well as pain during sex. The left testicle seemed smaller, but very rough due to vein dilation. Eventually my libido dropped, experienced ED, and also anxiety/insomnia. This caused me to visit the doc again, this time for blood tests.

    My testosterone was in the low 400's which is low for a man in his early thirties. DHEA was also low, in the mid 200's. TSH was 2.1 which is borderline high (iodine deficient). Cortisol is high all day and night which explains the anxiety/insomnia (insomnia is the most miserable thing).

    A couple of months ago I started taking compounded testosterone, DHEA, iodine, and seriphos (cortisol reducer). Things are improving, but not as fast as I hoped. I will be going back to talk about surgical options. I just hope its not too late for "lefty" to recover and start making T again.

    I am planning to try USPLabs PowerFULL to help with sleep and to keep some natural T going... anyone else try it for varicocele related problems?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    Have you had any negative experience with shrinkage not returning back to size (on the vericocele side) after a cycle of PH or AS?

    There doesn't seem to be much info on this matter anywhere!..
    I have never done a cycle of AS (or PH as far as I know), so I can't answer the question.

    I have been on TRT for about 3 months with no significant shrinkage and I plan to do hCG as soon as we figure out the T titration.

  13. de49152--becareful, I took PowerFull for about 30-days and it made my varicocele worse. Off, and its better again.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Pace2 View Post
    de49152--becareful, I took PowerFull for about 30-days and it made my varicocele worse. Off, and its better again.
    Can you mention what effects you had? Did it cause shrinkage that didn't reverse on the effected side? Or just more pressure on the vericocele? Powerfull is a PH

  15. Megazoid,

    I am very interested in your sources for hormonal imbalances caused by a varicocele. I'll be seeing a urologist soon for a possible surgical fix, and I'd love to bring some proof of the hormonal effects. Anything would be appreciated, please PM.

    Also, do you think it can also cause anxiety/insomnia, because I never had it before the nut started hurting.

    Thanks a bunch,
    Dan

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    Can you mention what effects you had? Did it cause shrinkage that didn't reverse on the effected side? Or just more pressure on the vericocele? Powerfull is a PH
    Powerfull is not a PH

  17. Quote Originally Posted by de49152 View Post
    Megazoid,

    I am very interested in your sources for hormonal imbalances caused by a varicocele. I'll be seeing a urologist soon for a possible surgical fix, and I'd love to bring some proof of the hormonal effects. Anything would be appreciated, please PM.

    Also, do you think it can also cause anxiety/insomnia, because I never had it before the nut started hurting.

    Thanks a bunch,
    Dan
    I would appreciate public posting of educational material.

  18. Interesting... I was diagnosed as having a varicocele when I was around 18 years old. That was around the same time I started having some erectile dysfunction. Prior to that, in my late teen years, I would have very rigid erections. I have been battling with ED off and on over the years.

    My testicles are still pretty good size. I believe my hormones are out of wack somehow. It is really hard to deal with as I am recently married and have a low libido. I also seem to have a long refractory period. Sometimes after I ejaculate, I seem to need days to reload.

    Any suggestions? I have been considering paying a visit to Dr. Delgado or Dr. John to see if they can help me get my hormones on track? Is this a good idea?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by fathom777 View Post
    Any suggestions? I have been considering paying a visit to Dr. Delgado or Dr. John to see if they can help me get my hormones on track? Is this a good idea?
    Fathom, find a doc that will do a complete blood panel and create a healthy treatment plan based on it, natural is best IMO.

    If your problems were varicocele induced, you might also consider surgical options to reduce it-- it's a fairly easy procedure, I have an appt. with a urologist next week, I'll keep you guys updated.

    DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, and am offering opinions, not medical advice.

  20. Here are a couple of articles about varicoceles affecting adrenals (free registration required):

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...ubmed_RVDocSum

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...ubmed_RVDocSum

    Basically, since varicoceles and adrenals share the same blocked veins, the problems can be related. Can't wait to get mine repaired!!!

  21. Just had my varicocele embolised yesterday at Addenbrookes and was wondering what everyone elses experiences were post embolisation?

    At the moment got a slight backache and I can still see the varicose veins but it said that after a few weeks the veins should shrink down.

    I know Megazoid you had the same operation so would be interested to hear from you.

  22. I'm going to my pre-op appt on tuesday, so I will keep you guys updated. I have kaiser, so I'll need to tell them it hurts like hell just to convince them to operate. That's just stretching the truth a little bit, it's more of a persistent discomfort.

    I am interested in our blood hormone levels pre and post surgery. Probably 6 mos after should see some positive changes.
  23. Micro-Surgery Done ! YAY ! 12-13-07


    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    Jason, have you had this taken care of yet? What method was/will be used? I'm thinking that coil embolism for myself. I'm going to a second urologist, as my current one (who's doing my TRT) doesn't seem interested in dealing with it.
    I did finally get it done .... I had consulted an Embolization DR. and did not like the fact that he was going to put 30 of these coils in me .... Plus after looking at the results over time the Micro-Surgery looked to be the more optimal procedure to have done .... For Me .... My first Urologist was the same .... He got the results from the Ultra Sound and said come back in December and we'll see how you are .... I got another urologist and he took the pain I was feeling into account and pressed to get it fixed .... I have so far been to 4 urologists and all of them DO NOT take this as serious as they should I feel .... I would really think about the Micro-Surgery before the Embolization .... I do not have the pain that I had prior to surgery, although when I mastur_ate there is a certain tightness at the base that I did not have before .... I think this is due to the incisions that were made .... I ended up having 20 ligated on the left side and 5 on the right .... I will say this .... I think I have about an inch back on my size that I had prior to the surgery that I lost and the erections I have are more firm now .... The only thing I have notice now is that the strength of the ejecatulate is no where as powerfull as it was prior to surgery, but that could be due to the muscles needing time to heal ..... My energy level is higher and I am not on the Wellbutrin as I was and not really seeing a need for it right now .... I am not as fatigued as I was, but I think I lost some of my strength over the past year tht I will have to build back up .... All in all I am VERY happy that I had it done ..... Well worth the time and pain to get it taken care of .... My Doc told me that it will be about 3 months before the veins shrivel up and be absobed back into my body .... E-Mail me .... I'd like to know how you get along .... [email protected]

  24. Quote Originally Posted by de49152 View Post
    This is a very interesting thread. I am 33, left varicocele, with low T, high cortisol, hypothyroid. Currently using compounded TRT.

    Doctors say the varicocele does not affect hormones, but I don't believe them. Do you have any references for your findings?? I think it would help a lot of guys to bring to their Dr's.

    Thanks.
    I brought all 4 Docs all kinds of studies and they never took the time to acknowledge them .... I say it is a crap shoot with Docs and this issue .... We might be better off going to an endocronologist .... They are better prepared to look at the individual results from Testosterone tests than a urologist that just goes with the "NORMAL" values ....

  25. Quote Originally Posted by fathom777 View Post
    Interesting... I was diagnosed as having a varicocele when I was around 18 years old. That was around the same time I started having some erectile dysfunction. Prior to that, in my late teen years, I would have very rigid erections. I have been battling with ED off and on over the years.

    My testicles are still pretty good size. I believe my hormones are out of wack somehow. It is really hard to deal with as I am recently married and have a low libido. I also seem to have a long refractory period. Sometimes after I ejaculate, I seem to need days to reload.

    Any suggestions? I have been considering paying a visit to Dr. Delgado or Dr. John to see if they can help me get my hormones on track? Is this a good idea?
    I felt the same way with my ejactulate .... Needing days to reload .... Now I am shooting sometimes twice a day .... I had the micro surgery to fix my varicocle .... I think if you have not done the HRT then you should get it fixed and see what your T does afterwards .... I know I feel so much better now ....
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 06:19 PM
  2. More PWO Low-GI Proof- New research!
    By DieTrying in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 08:44 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 09:34 AM
  4. New research on Aromasin and Nolva reported
    By jweave23 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Log in
Log in