Sermorelin vs HGH

IronGrip

Awards
Any former HGH, turned Serorelin users have any recent comments on the use of Sermorelin as compared to HGH? Please, only former HGH turned Sermorelin users need to comment. Thanks.

midlife

Awards
Been on HGH for 6 months - just started semorolin today. Did you ever get any answers, that how I found you, looking for the same answers?

IronGrip

Awards
Never got any answers. I've been on Sermorelin for 3 weeks....to soon to tell for me.

BP321

Awards
Anything new?

Wondering if either of you HGH to Sermorelin testers have anything to report several months later. Thanks

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Wondering if either of you HGH to Sermorelin testers have anything to report several months later. Thanks
I switched from HGH to Sermorelin last September for two months. When I drew blood my IGF level had dropped from 299 to 139. I was hopeful for better results.

whytknyt05

Awards
How did the HGH work for you? I've been thinking about trying it and so is my father. He's 69 and I'm 38. Just wondering if what you think of it; pros/cons?

IronGrip

Awards
Sermorelin by itself is a complete waste of money IMO. I noticed absolutely nothing from it after switching from HGH. My IGF-1 stayed the same or dropped from previous levels while on it. Now on Sermorelin and GHRP-6........to soon to tell the results.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
How did the HGH work for you? I've been thinking about trying it and so is my father. He's 69 and I'm 38. Just wondering if what you think of it; pros/cons?
I use low dose so haven't experienced the cons. The pros include, better sleep, better body comp, better bone density, faster recuperation, sharper mind, better mood and crazy erections.

whytknyt05

Awards
What dosage do you suggest to start out on? The stuff I'm getting is from a friend who is in the medical field; I'm buying 5cc for $173.00 and he said to take .3mg a day to start out on. I'm not to sure he knows what he's talking about; which is why I came to this site.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
What dosage do you suggest to start out on? The stuff I'm getting is from a friend who is in the medical field; I'm buying 5cc for $173.00 and he said to take .3mg a day to start out on. I'm not to sure he knows what he's talking about; which is why I came to this site.
.3 mg equals approximately 1 IU which is what I use. You can start there and move to 1.5 IUs. I take weekends off to prevent lazy pituitary. I also cycle off one month every six.

At 1 IU 5 days per week, your first vial will last three weeks. By the way, your vial contains 5 mgs. After three weeks go to 1.5 IUs five days per week. Within the first 30 days you should notice results - more dramatic the next month. Reconstitute with 3MLs of water and keep refrigerated. 1 IU will be 20 ticks on your syringe and 1.5 will be 30.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if there is a place for sermorelin within a GH protocol, similar to the way in which hCG is used with TRT.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I wonder if there is a place for sermorelin within a GH protocol, similar to the way in which hCG is used with TRT.
No. In fact it's advised that you stop HGH for several weeks before starting Sermorelin. it's a moot point because Sermorelin is ineffective.

Pfizer developed a pill called Capromorelin that actually worked well (stimulating the pituitary) in all age groups. Unfortunately, the FDA does not consider aging a disease. They didn't give it their nod. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capromorelin

Dr. John

Dr. John

Awards
  • Established
No. In fact it's advised that you stop HGH for several weeks before starting Sermorelin. it's a moot point because Sermorelin is ineffective.

Pfizer developed a pill called Capromorelin that actually worked well (stimulating the pituitary) in all age groups. Unfortunately, the FDA does not consider aging a disease. They didn't give it their nod. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capromorelin
Not by anyone who understands GH production. Sermorelin is initiated weeks prior to cessation of frank GHRT. This provides ramp up time. True, results from lone Sermorelin therapy have been very disappointing. So GHRP is added to increase endogenous production at the same time. It may also be a good idea to start an oral secretogue to reduce somatostatin tone for a time. And DHEA is important, too.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Not by anyone who understands GH production. Sermorelin is initiated weeks prior to cessation of frank GHRT. This provides ramp up time. True, results from lone Sermorelin therapy have been very disappointing. So GHRP is added to increase endogenous production at the same time. It may also be a good idea to start an oral secretogue to reduce somatostatin tone for a time. And DHEA is important, too.
The four months I used it, I was off of all other forms of HRT, and was unable to get any increase in IGF-1 whatsoever. Both HCG and testosterone did far more for my IGF numbers. Maybe others have had some success, but for me it was a waste of money. Now I'm on a low dose GH protocol, and of course that works. I can't imagine that Sermorelin has the same relation to GH therapy as HCG has to TRT. As for ramping up, doesn't exogenous GH suppress the pituitary?

Last edited:

rick055

Awards
  • Established
The four months I used it, I was off of all other forms of HRT, and was unable to get any increase in IGF-1 whatsoever. Both HCG and testosterone did far more for my IGF numbers. Maybe others have had some success, but for me it was a waste of money. Now I'm on a low dose GH protocol, and of course that works. I can't imagine that Sermorelin has the same relation to GH therapy as HCG has to TRT. As for ramping up, doesn't exogenous GH suppress the pituitary?
Maybe hCG : TRT is the wrong analogy. Maybe clomid : TRT is a better analogy.

As I understand Sermorelin, it coaxes the body to release more GHRH. So, like clomid (although the method of action is different; clomid is blocking hypothalmic receptor sites) it is working higher up the hormonal food chain, so to speak.

But it makes intuitive sense to use it prior to cessation of exogenous GH. You're priming the pump to make your own GH before exo-GH is withdrawn.

As far as your experience with it, my understanding is that it needs to be used with other things like GHRP-6 in order to be effective. That said, the synergy which results is attained at lower doses that sermorelin monotherapy, making the duet not only more effective but affordable.

Also, my understanding is that the GH release provided by sermorelin/GHRP is more similar to the physiologic release of these hormones than the square wave pattern of exo-GH, fwiw.

Additionally, unless I'm mistaken, one does not need a dx of GH deficiency to receive sermorelin therapy.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
As I understand Sermorelin, it coaxes the body to release more GHRH.
Actually, now I'm wondering if sermorelin coaxes the body to release more GHRH or if it acts as a GHRH mimetic. Anyone know?

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Maybe hCG : TRT is the wrong analogy. Maybe clomid : TRT is a better analogy.

As I understand Sermorelin, it coaxes the body to release more GHRH. So, like clomid (although the method of action is different; clomid is blocking hypothalmic receptor sites) it is working higher up the hormonal food chain, so to speak.

But it makes intuitive sense to use it prior to cessation of exogenous GH. You're priming the pump to make your own GH before exo-GH is withdrawn.

As far as your experience with it, my understanding is that it needs to be used with other things like GHRP-6 in order to be effective. That said, the synergy which results is attained at lower doses that sermorelin monotherapy, making the duet not only more effective but affordable.

Also, my understanding is that the GH release provided by sermorelin/GHRP is more similar to the physiologic release of these hormones than the square wave pattern of exo-GH, fwiw.

Additionally, unless I'm mistaken, one does not need a dx of GH deficiency to receive sermorelin therapy.
It is more like what clomid would be to TRT, which is exactly my point. HCG mimics LH. Clomid stimulates it. The body shuts down LH when T levels rise, so there's no point to stimulation. Likewise exogenous GH suppresses the pituitary. You can argue that transitioning from GH to Sermorelin helps you maintain higher GH levels, but at some point your level will settle where Sermorelin takes it, which in most cases is baseline. So what would be the point of combining the two? GH is different from testosterone. Unless your taking high doses (2 +IUs per day/7 days/wk) there's no crash. I take a complete month off of GH every six and haven't crashed yet - not even when I was taking over 10 IUs/wk. Before I restart therapy I always test my baseline, which is higher when I'm on androgens. Both baseline numbers (w&wo androgens) have been consistent for over four years.

Sermorelin may be easier to get your hands on, but if it does nothing to increase your IGF-1 level than it's a total waste of money. I know nothing about GHRP. Maybe the cocktail of the two works. If blood work can prove this, and the cost is reasonable, I will try it myself.

First you need to determine whether you really need therapy. For most people androgens sufficiently increase IGF levels. What were your levels the last time you drew blood? Were you on testosterone or HCG therapy at the time? Do you have a specific condition that requires GH therapy? I do. GH helped me reverse Oesteopenia. I know you can get a prescription if you need one.

I use 1IU - 5 days per week, and take plenty of time off to give my pituitary a rest. I spend $55/wk - 44 weeks per year on name brand GH. I don't recall what Sermorelin ran me, but I don't think it was much less. Cost aside, I would prefer a working secretagogue. Let me know if you come across any data showing the results of the Sermorelin/GHRP combo. I'm interested.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From what i've looked at, he is right, the ghrp6/sermorelin combo is WAY more effective than sermorelin alone. sermorelin will likely raise the level of the trough in your normal GH pulses (possibly cause a pulse as well), where ghrp6 will force an immediate pulse, and raise the level of the spike. so together they end up with a bit more of a total effect than either alone.

Dr. John

Dr. John

Awards
  • Established
It is more like what clomid would be to TRT, which is exactly my point. HCG mimics LH. Clomid stimulates it. The body shuts down LH when T levels rise, so there's no point to stimulation. Likewise exogenous GH suppresses the pituitary. You can argue that transitioning from GH to Sermorelin helps you maintain higher GH levels, but at some point your level will settle where Sermorelin takes it, which in most cases is baseline. So what would be the point of combining the two? GH is different from testosterone. Unless your taking high doses (2 +IUs per day/7 days/wk) there's no crash. I take a complete month off of GH every six and haven't crashed yet - not even when I was taking over 10 IUs/wk. Before I restart therapy I always test my baseline, which is higher when I'm on androgens. Both baseline numbers (w&wo androgens) have been consistent for over four years.

Sermorelin may be easier to get your hands on, but if it does nothing to increase your IGF-1 level than it's a total waste of money. I know nothing about GHRP. Maybe the cocktail of the two works. If blood work can prove this, and the cost is reasonable, I will try it myself.

First you need to determine whether you really need therapy. For most people androgens sufficiently increase IGF levels. What were your levels the last time you drew blood? Were you on testosterone or HCG therapy at the time? Do you have a specific condition that requires GH therapy? I do. GH helped me reverse Oesteopenia. I know you can get a prescription if you need one.

I use 1IU - 5 days per week, and take plenty of time off to give my pituitary a rest. I spend $55/wk - 44 weeks per year on name brand GH. I don't recall what Sermorelin ran me, but I don't think it was much less. Cost aside, I would prefer a working secretagogue. Let me know if you come across any data showing the results of the Sermorelin/GHRP combo. I'm interested.
I'm afraid that is just not true. Maybe 10%. And vice versa.

Cutting the Sermorelin from 250mcgs to 100mcgs and adding in 100mcgs GHRP-6 and 25mg DHEA BID looks to be increasing IGF-1 about 1/3 over previous level--at a third of the cost.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
From what i've looked at, he is right, the ghrp6/sermorelin combo is WAY more effective than sermorelin alone. sermorelin will likely raise the level of the trough in your normal GH pulses (possibly cause a pulse as well), where ghrp6 will force an immediate pulse, and raise the level of the spike. so together they end up with a bit more of a total effect than either alone.
Has anybody posted blood work? After 4 months of Sermorelin alone I showed no improvement over my baseline. My doctor prescribes, and according to him it has worked on none of his patients. Where do get GHP6? It is inexpesive?

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established

Cutting the Sermorelin from 250mcgs to 100mcgs and adding in 100mcgs GHRP-6 and 25mg DHEA BID looks to be increasing IGF-1 about 1/3 over previous level--at a third of the cost.
My IGF goes from 139 off of androgens to 185 on them. My wife had a similar increase, so I suppose for the two of us it is true.

Dr. John

Dr. John

Awards
  • Established
My IGF goes from 139 off of androgens to 185 on them. My wife had a similar increase, so I suppose for the two of us it is true.
Legitimate 10% increase, plus pulsatile production, plus lab error easily acounts for same. That is not adequate anyway.

Maybe you added in nutirtional/lifestyle changes at the same time? They surely can help as well.

Dr. John

Dr. John

Awards
  • Established
Has anybody posted blood work? After 4 months of Sermorelin alone I showed no improvement over my baseline. My doctor prescribes, and according to him it has worked on none of his patients. Where do get GHP6? It is inexpesive?
You've got to use so much of it, you might as well go with frank GH at that cost-except doctors who prescribe GH are about to find themselves in hot water.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Dr John, I noticed on all things male you have ghrp 6 listed as available via prescription. If i have a current doctor i am working with as far as hormonal work, would it be possible for him to prescribe through you or work in consultation some how? as the compounding pharmacy he uses doesn't offer ghrp 6 but does have sermorelin. my igf 1 levels is at 91, but given the pricing of sermorelin solo @ 300mcg a day, and relatively poor results i wasn't willing to go that direction.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
It's been good for me - helped me with bone wasting. My wife doesn't take it because she doesn't need it.

The pros: Fat loss, better sleep, improved cognitive function, quicker recovery time and improved erection quality.

Cons: pricey (you need to shop around). I found that doses over 1.5 IUs/day caused some water retention.

It would probably be good for your dad, but if you don't need it don't take it.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Legitimate 10% increase, plus pulsatile production, plus lab error easily acounts for same. That is not adequate anyway.

Maybe you added in nutirtional/lifestyle changes at the same time? They surely can help as well.
I changed nothing.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
You've got to use so much of it, you might as well go with frank GH at that cost-except doctors who prescribe GH are about to find themselves in hot water.
I know several doctors reluctant to prescribe GH. The GHRP-6 combo intrigues me. It's probably a matter of time before my GH source drops off the map.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
If i have a current doctor i am working with as far as hormonal work, would it be possible for him to prescribe through you or work in consultation some how?
I obviously can't speak for Dr. J, but like we discussed in the other thread, I think that is absolutely doable.

And you've got the best of both worlds even if you can't travel to MI.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I obviously can't speak for Dr. J, but like we discussed in the other thread, I think that is absolutely doable.

And you've got the best of both worlds even if you can't travel to MI.
What are your numbers? Have you tested?

rick055

Awards
  • Established
What are your numbers? Have you tested?
My IGF needed no help.

Before TRT I was upper third, after TRT/Thyroid I'm ever so slightly over top of range.

I know a number of people on the sermorelin/GHRP who are happy with their numbers, though.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
My IGF needed no help.

Before TRT I was upper third, after TRT/Thyroid I'm ever so slightly over top of range.

I know a number of people on the sermorelin/GHRP who are happy with their numbers, though.
I don't doubt that GHRP-6 works - not sure if adding Sermorelin makes much of a difference. If your numbers are good why do you want to stimulate your pituitary?

rick055

Awards
  • Established
I don't doubt that GHRP-6 works - not sure if adding Sermorelin makes much of a difference. If your numbers are good why do you want to stimulate your pituitary?
I don't; I just find the subject fascinating.

agent8

agent8

Banned
Awards
depending on you need!

I feel HGH is better for physilogical effect opposed to the CJC-1295 effect, whic are more neurological and lymbphatic. I personally thin the combination is superb. 2iu/day serostem, and 1.5 mg/wk CJC-1295 (DAC-GHRH @ 96.14 or better putityy).

%hatrs all folks.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
I will be posting up some numbers over the next couple months. Will be running ghrp6 and sermorelin, and possibly some frag 176. Have been on test therapy for a year and get blood work done and have kept ame routines and diet for some time so I think I can put up some accurate numbers

onaivas

Awards
We are taking SERMORELIN (9MG) + GHRP-6 (9MG) + GHRP-2 (9MG) So everything is 9mg each. Same amount for each peptide.

Can you tell me the difference between these two versions of semorelin forte, and which is better. I'm taking 1iu a night of the 27mg 9/9/9 version right now.

This is the tri blend I use now: SERMORELIN FORTE PLUS (9MG) + GHRP-6 (9MG) + GHRP-2 (9MG)

This is the tri blend another HRT clinic uses: SERMORELIN FORTE (6MG) + GHRP-6 (3MG) + GHRP-2 (15MG)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This sermorelin doesn't get much love here huh?

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
This sermorelin doesn't get much love here huh?
I didn't realize you just brought a thread back from the dead from '09... I almost just typed up a lengthy response to clear up so much mis-information lmao!! Long story short, sermorelin by itself needs to be dosed at 500mcg nightly if taken solo. Taken with a GHRP increases the GH relsease tremendously. Any questions PM me or ask. Sermorelin/GHRP-6 is one of my companies most popular products other than testosterone ofcourse lol

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol :D

What company is yours?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My doctor is about to prescribe me Sermorelin. Interesting stuff in this thread.