Armour and eye color.........

spinn

Awards
  • Established
This is going to sound strange...but.....

My DR has me on Levoxyl, primarily because I seem to be converting t4 to t3 and he is concerned that if I take armour with its t3, my body will lose its ability to convert t4 to t3.

The thing is....I had some extra armour and ran out of Levoxyl twice and took the armour for a week or so.

I felt a lot better on armour both times.

The strange part is that my light brown eyes seem to be getting brighter and turning green. I have noticed this both times.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Nothing to do with drugs as far as I know, but my eyes have changed color twice after the normal eye color shift kids have.
First change was when I was 5, and the 2nd change happened slowly about 5-10 years ago...never even noticed the shift until I saw pics, lol.

No idea if this is related or not, but I started wearing glasses in grade 10 or 11, and wore them for for about 5-7 years after that in university. (Obviously my memory is a bit flawed).
Anyways - I don't wear glasses anymore. No idea if the eye color shift was related or not, or if I just had a better diet, etc. (Understood hypoglycemia better, etc).

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
This is going to sound strange...but.....

My DR has me on Levoxyl, primarily because I seem to be converting t4 to t3 and he is concerned that if I take armour with its t3, my body will lose its ability to convert t4 to t3.

The thing is....I had some extra armour and ran out of Levoxyl twice and took the armour for a week or so.

I felt a lot better on armour both times.

The strange part is that my light brown eyes seem to be getting brighter and turning green. I have noticed this both times.

Has anyone ever heard of this?
I would say,
give Levothyroxin (t4) priority.
Check
FreeT3
FreeT4
You want to have both at the top of their ranges.
Most likely you end up being short on FreeT3, then add Armour as need.

1grain Armour=38mcg T4 + 9mcg T3 + other

T3 half life is hours
T4 half life is days

the more you are able to rely on T4 the more stable you will be.