Advice for a friend, endo dead end, where now?

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Friend called me pretty upset, Any advice I can give him:

• I wasnt going to write everything down, so I just got the t levels, because Ive seen this type of problem posted before:
    range 241-827 quest labs
  • 1year ago t-level 228ng, low, pre-gel
  • 1 month later t-level 162ng, 5g/day androgel
  • 3 month later t-level 806ng, 7.5g/day gel
  • 4 mon after t-level 382ng,7.5g/day
He also has thryoid issue, on levothryox, he went to see endo because he and his DO didnt like the big drop in Tlevel, thinking maybe change to armor and shots, or hcg, basically endo doc told him he wouldnt do anything, no blood tests, no script, no help at all, said it was pointless because hes already on trt, any bloodwork would be squed because of trt, said go back to DO doc and try raising the gel to see if levels change, the guy jokingly said my friend was as big as a gorilla, said he probably shouldnt even be on TRT, but since the other doc started it, and his testes have some shrinkage, hes gotta stay on it.

How about that, aint that some ****?? WTF should I tell this guy to do, hes not going to go see dr J, but I would like to help him somehow.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Friend called me pretty upset, Any advice I can give him:

• I wasnt going to write everything down, so I just got the t levels, because Ive seen this type of problem posted before:
    range 241-827 quest labs
  • 1year ago t-level 228ng, low, pre-gel
  • 1 month later t-level 162ng, 5g/day androgel
  • 3 month later t-level 806ng, 7.5g/day gel
  • 4 mon after t-level 382ng,7.5g/day
He also has thryoid issue, on levothryox, he went to see endo because he and his DO didnt like the big drop in Tlevel, thinking maybe change to armor and shots, or hcg, basically endo doc told him he wouldnt do anything, no blood tests, no script, no help at all, said it was pointless because hes already on trt, any bloodwork would be squed because of trt, said go back to DO doc and try raising the gel to see if levels change, the guy jokingly said my friend was as big as a gorilla, said he probably shouldnt even be on TRT, but since the other doc started it, and his testes have some shrinkage, hes gotta stay on it.

How about that, aint that some ****?? WTF should I tell this guy to do, hes not going to go see dr J, but I would like to help him somehow.
Forget about using transdermals.
That is stop using them.
Wait two months, do the blood tests per post $44.
Not 100% sure if it really make sense waiting, just drop the gells, do the testing.

Post all tests that you presently have, up to two years old.
Name, number, units, range, performing laboratory.

Do blood test per post $44
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html
------------------------------------
My docs office is at ZIP 07410
post your ZIP others may suggest good doctor.

CF10

CF10

Awards
I dont have any advice but here's my endo story for ya. I go to the endo and he keeps asking me if I took roids. I keep saying no, which is the truth. He then asks me to take my shirt off and when I do he says, oh you're pretty built and in good shape. He then seemed to be convinced I has done roids. He got irritated with me it seemed, short tempered, didnt wanna listen to any of my theories on what's wrong or offer any of his own theories, he just kept saying if it wasnt roids or a tumor he doesnt know what it could be.

So I go to my GP today and come to find out the endo wrote him a letter stating his diagnoses. It included the strong possibility that I was a previous steroid abuser and that my TRT should be put on hold to let my HPTA recover from the recent roid usage. Thank God my GP didnt take me off the TRT (yet). I cant believe he wrote that when I told him over and over that I did not use steroids. It's unbelievable. I am in good shape so to the average joe doctor I MUST have taken steroids. It couldnt be that I workout and watch what I eat, of course not :rolleyes:

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
yeah that sucks...even thou your honest...

how many does he see that DO hammer a few wks of prop....get bloodwork 3 weeks later, to get a script???

i would bet quite a few

MarkLA

Awards
I dont have any advice but here's my endo story for ya. I go to the endo and he keeps asking me if I took roids. I keep saying no, which is the truth. He then asks me to take my shirt off and when I do he says, oh you're pretty built and in good shape. He then seemed to be convinced I has done roids. He got irritated with me it seemed, short tempered, didnt wanna listen to any of my theories on what's wrong or offer any of his own theories, he just kept saying if it wasnt roids or a tumor he doesnt know what it could be.
My ex-Endo was similar. Asked me the roid question about 3 times. It was good to get the MRI and the basic diagnosis, but this was a guy who wanted to use a patch or shot every 3 weeks. No further diagnosis. No returned phone calls. This was a young doc, recently trained. It's too bad that there are more clueless endos than useful ones.

BTW - There's a guy at my gym who wears a T-shirt that says "No, I'm not on Roids, but thanks for asking." Maybe get those ordered up for those of us here.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
My ex-Endo was similar. Asked me the roid question about 3 times. It was good to get the MRI and the basic diagnosis, but this was a guy who wanted to use a patch or shot every 3 weeks. No further diagnosis. No returned phone calls. This was a young doc, recently trained. It's too bad that there are more clueless endos than useful ones.

BTW - There's a guy at my gym who wears a T-shirt that says "No, I'm not on Roids, but thanks for asking." Maybe get those ordered up for those of us here.
Where to get that shirt?
Link?

CF10

CF10

Awards
yeah that sucks...even thou your honest...

how many does he see that DO hammer a few wks of prop....get bloodwork 3 weeks later, to get a script???

i would bet quite a few
Maybe he does see quite a few like that, but if all they did was a few weeks of prop their blood wouldnt be as f*cked up as mine is. I do have low T, which might raise a red flag about former roid use, but I also have a bunch of other crap going on that wouldnt have been caused by steroids so I dont know why he was so quick to assume I was lying. It's just frustrating you know? But all is gonna be better soon (I hope) because I have an appt with Dr. John soon.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established

So I go to my GP today and come to find out the endo wrote him a letter stating his diagnoses. It included the strong possibility that I was a previous steroid abuser and that my TRT should be put on hold to let my HPTA recover from the recent roid usage. Thank God my GP didnt take me off the TRT (yet). I cant believe he wrote that when I told him over and over that I did not use steroids. It's unbelievable. I am in good shape so to the average joe doctor I MUST have taken steroids. It couldnt be that I workout and watch what I eat, of course not :rolleyes:
This kindo of s*** p***** me the f*** off!! Dumb endos. You know, even if you did do roids how does that take away the fact that you have a problem and need to get it fixed. Its sad how we do this research and the average person on AM knows more than their endo! Endos have no clue about androgens. I actually did to roides and my endo doesn't think that is the cause of all my problems. This endo is OK (not perfect by a long shot) and at least has a pulse. The crazy thing is this endo is a female! How is it that a female knows more about my body than the old endo that I had who was male?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
This kindo of s*** p***** me the f*** off!! Dumb endos. You know, even if you did do roids how does that take away the fact that you have a problem and need to get it fixed. Its sad how we do this research and the average person on AM knows more than their endo! Endos have no clue about androgens. I actually did to roides and my endo doesn't think that is the cause of all my problems. This endo is OK (not perfect by a long shot) and at least has a pulse. The crazy thing is this endo is a female! How is it that a female knows more about my body than the old endo that I had who was male?
My guess;
women are exposed/practicing HRT for many years,

good idea, just do not disturb pregnant mares.