Update, new bloodresults, test increase, unsure how to proceed

SilkPhantom

SilkPhantom

Awards
About a week ago I was finally given a script for 1% andro gel 5gram by my endocrinologist. I'm concerned about using a transdermal and i havnt been tested for DHT or anything like that. He told me to get a bloodtest so we can see my baseline test levels since it's been a while and then to start the gel and test again in 6 weeks. Then he said if we need to adjust the dose we could go from there. It seems like those are long intervals to do testing.

So i got the results back from my recent bloodtest. These are my final labs before i begin treatment.

Testosterone, Total: 435 <250-1100>
Testosterone, Free: 129.2 <35-155>
Testosterone, Free Percent: 2.97 <1.50-2.20%>

FSH: 1.5L <1.6-8.0>
LH: 3.0 <1.5-9.3>
Prolactin: 7.1 <2.0-18.0>

DHEA Sulfate: 446 <110-510>
IGF-1: 325 <126-382>
-----------------------------------

These are my results from the previous bloodwork done
around the end of july:

Testosterone, Total: 61 L <250-1100 ng/dl >

Free Testosterone: 12 L <35.0 - 155.0 pg/ml >

FSH: 1.0 L <1.6-8.0 mIU/mL>

LH: 0.7 L <1.5-9.3 mIU/mL>

---------------------------------------

As you can see, my numbers have gone up quite a bit since then without any treatment but my FSH is still out of range, my overall test is quite low and my brainfog hasnt gone away. I've also had my cortisol levels checked since that first test and they have all stabalized and no longer come up out of range or high. My energy level is a little better and i have been biking for about an hour 3-4 times a week for a couple weeks.

I'm unsure whether or not i should proceed with HRT at this point or not. What do u guys suggest. Does my climbing testosterone numbers indicate it could continue to do so? I still feel crappy. But if my body is recovering i don't want to just throw hormones at it and screw up my system even more.

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
About a week ago I was finally given a script for 1% andro gel 5gram by my endocrinologist. I'm concerned about using a transdermal and i havnt been tested for DHT or anything like that. He told me to get a bloodtest so we can see my baseline test levels since it's been a while and then to start the gel and test again in 6 weeks. Then he said if we need to adjust the dose we could go from there. It seems like those are long intervals to do testing.

So i got the results back from my recent bloodtest. These are my final labs before i begin treatment.

around the end of july:

Cortisol, Free (24 hour urine): 149.6 H <4.0-50.0 mcg/24h)

As you can see, my numbers have gone up quite a bit since then without any treatment but my FSH is still out of range, my overall test is quite low and my brainfog hasnt gone away. I've also had my cortisol levels checked since that first test and they have all stabalized and no longer come up out of range or high. My energy level is a little better and i have been biking for about an hour 3-4 times a week for a couple weeks.

I'm unsure whether or not i should proceed with HRT at this point or not. What do u guys suggest. Does my climbing testosterone numbers indicate it could continue to do so? I still feel crappy. But if my body is recovering i don't want to just throw hormones at it and screw up my system even more.
your free t looks good, but you tt is still on the lower side

before u start treatment get e2 tested, that could be your problem, and if it isnt then youll need it anyway

im not a fan of gels, and neither are alot of other people

SilkPhantom

SilkPhantom

Awards
What does it mean that my LH has increased and my FSH is still in the gutter?

MarkLA

Awards
What does it mean that my LH has increased and my FSH is still in the gutter?
LH controls T production by signaling to the leydig cells. FSH controls sperm production. It also makes the leydig cells more sensitive to LH.

If you're concerned about fertility you could have a sperm test. This will tell you how many zillion you have and how healthy their swimming looks.

I agree with Ectomorph to do more testing. 400's isn't that bad and you may be manipulatable to health without exogenous T. I am also curious how your LH could have changed so much...

SilkPhantom

SilkPhantom

Awards
So is there a correlation between a higher LH number and a higher testosterone number? I.e. if my LH increased from 3.0 to 5.0 could I expect a corresponding rise in Total testosterone?

What are some ways to increase LH?

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Your cortisol seems thr\u the roof. Perhaps excessive stress and adrenal issues need

to be resolved. Might be worth looking into.

SilkPhantom

SilkPhantom

Awards
As i said, my cortisol levels are no longer through the roof. We did many subsequent tests and they all came back within range. That initial test appeared to be an anomaly.

*i removed the cortisol bloodwork from the first post so as not to confuse people.

MarkLA

Awards
So is there a correlation between a higher LH number and a higher testosterone number? I.e. if my LH increased from 3.0 to 5.0 could I expect a corresponding rise in Total testosterone?

What are some ways to increase LH?
Yes, more LH means more T assuming all else equal and functioning testicles.

As to what increases LH, that's the $64 question. We know that starvation (dieting) reduces LH. We know that you need adequate cholesterol (part of my problem) as this is the raw material.

You need a functioning pituitary and hypothalmus. I had an MRI to verify no tumors.

My neurotramitters tested low. I'm working increasing them in the hopes this will increase my LH. Norepinepherine is a regulator of LH release so this does have some logic behind it.

There's other methods. Taking Clomid or Nolvadex will tell your brain that you have less Estrogen/Testosterone and signal it to produce more LH and this T and to compensate. However, IMHO you're better off trying to figure out the cause before band-aiding the symptoms.

Did you change anything in your diet/supplements to increase your LH values?

I'm also curious of the role of FSH. There has not been much discussion on that here, but I wonder if your FSH were higher if the increase in Leydig sensitivity would result in your T increasing to normal. IMHO that seems like it might be a promising path for you to research.

Mark

SilkPhantom

SilkPhantom

Awards
For those of you who are curious, i'll be turning 21 in 3 days so when i talk about increasing LH and Testosterone, I do so in the hopes of achieving the normal hormonal level of someone my age. I suppose it's different for you guys who are a bit later on in years?

If you want to know more about what caused my hypogonadism in the first place, there were a lot of theories being thrown around in my other thread here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/71747-20-yr-old.html

Ideas suggested were ranging everything from AAS induced to high cortisol, cushings, or even maybe a blow to the head.

SilkPhantom

SilkPhantom

Awards
Bump -- anyone have any input on what i should do from here?

SilkPhantom

SilkPhantom

Awards
ECTO, Are you being treated for your symptoms? What is your current status right now?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

around the end of july:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/71747-20-yr-old.html
Re-read post#6

That was two months ago.
By now you would have had 1-2 months to find out your status.
------------------
If possible, stay on just one thread with your problems,
otherwise it is hard to keep track of your history.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I see that you have given up on reviwing your testis (makes me sad, you are young guy).
If that is your decission, 5grams of 1% gel is not going to do it, waste of time, further frustration are in your future.
Do not use that gel, or if you did for short time, stop it.
Wait 2 months to clean your system, do not use any strange supplements.
Get good blood test.
Use my post #44 for guidance, my advice use whole list and do it at Quest.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13.html

Do not use transdermal T, unless you have very low DHT and need to raise it.
Use Depo_T 200mg/mL strenght
When I see your blood report posted here, I will give you approximate preliminary dose of T.
Usually starting doses are too smal.
Your goal is
FreeT~300 on chart post #41
FreeE2~0.45 (< or = 0.45) (see attachment to post #62)line 61
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/404images/18772d1190061017-jans-bloodtest-april13-bloodtest-aug30-2007.jpg

Many other items may need correction.
The better the test the more information on your condition.

MarkLA

Awards
I see that you have given up on reviwing your testis (makes me sad, you are young guy).
FWIW - I agree with JanSz here. Assuming you live an average lifespan and you keep your T levels at "healthy levels" until the end, you're looking at treatment for 60 years which is probably going to get tiresome at some point.

Maybe your system isn't revivable, then fine, you may have to get the T. However, if it is revivable, it's probably worth the additional work as it buys you maybe another 20 years +/- before your T levels need replacing due to age related declines..

If not, agree with JanSz again -- more testing and treatment and adjustments based upon that. It seems to be pretty typical to need maybe a year or so to get things dialed-in and stabilized based upon repeated testing.

Mark

wondering

Awards
Did I read you're a former Anabolic user? If so, can't imagine there is anyone more experienced in treating this situation than Dr. Crisler.

Are you close enough for a visit?
Will your Dr. consult with him?

FWIW - I agree with JanSz here. Assuming you live an average lifespan and you keep your T levels at "healthy levels" until the end, you're looking at treatment for 60 years which is probably going to get tiresome at some point.

Maybe your system isn't revivable, then fine, you may have to get the T. However, if it is revivable, it's probably worth the additional work as it buys you maybe another 20 years +/- before your T levels need replacing due to age related declines..

If not, agree with JanSz again -- more testing and treatment and adjustments based upon that. It seems to be pretty typical to need maybe a year or so to get things dialed-in and stabilized based upon repeated testing.

Mark

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
ECTO, Are you being treated for your symptoms? What is your current status right now?
Yes, I am on TRT....Test C and HCG

I;m thinking I will need Arimidex but my next blood test wont be for a while. Im contemplating on trying out Dermacrine Sustain or possibly making my own Chrysin/Resverstrol topical gel.

Im not gonna buy research chems bad idea right now with dea all over em, plus they arent always dosed well

SilkPhantom

SilkPhantom

Awards
Jansz,

I havnt totally givin up on restorning my levels naturally. That's why i havnt started TRT. If you look at recent bloodwork that i posted in this thread, u can see that i have recovered some naturally on my own. That is why im here. To see what you guys think. What does it mean that my body recovered like this over a couple months while the doctors were doing nothing for me. Im hesitant to go on TRT now because i do see a light at the end of the tunnel now without having to hop on a speeding train (TRT) to get to it.