Net Alkaline, Estro-cleansing Smoothies

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
New thread since the other got off-topic a bit:

Some ingredients change daily depending on what I need to use up.

Here's how I made it this morning:
1 whole gala apple, sliced, with skin, no seeds or stem
3 cherry tomatoes
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup water

blend

3 ice cubes
2 cups spinach, packed

blend

1 whole kiwi, without skin or stem, diced
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup spinach, packed
1/2 cup water

blend

drink

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
New thread since the other got off-topic a bit:

Some ingredients change daily depending on what I need to use up.

Here's how I made it this morning:
1 whole gala apple, sliced, with skin, no seeds or stem
3 cherry tomatoes
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup water

blend

3 ice cubes
2 cups spinach, packed

blend

1 whole kiwi, without skin or stem, diced
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup spinach, packed
1/2 cup water

blend

drink
They frozen or fresh HAHA
I WANT DETAIL (been hanging around jansz too long ) :icon_lol:
lay off tomatoes there are night shade and highly alergenic
Spinach conatains oxalates that bind with minerals so be care full !! can wipe out vitamin you just took prboably in the morning

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
ya....although i know spinach is very good in some ways, its very bad in others. also the iron is not the ideal type and can be problematic for us with thyroid issues.

about the tomatoes....are all tomatoes bad? im also a fan of the cherry ones.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
ya....although i know spinach is very good in some ways, its very bad in others. also the iron is not the ideal type and can be problematic for us with thyroid issues.

about the tomatoes....are all tomatoes bad? im also a fan of the cherry ones.
Tomatoes are very acidic !!

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Not true...They are acidic WHEN STEWED or COOKED, not raw. Actually they are listed as alkaline on a lot of charts.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Not true...They are acidic WHEN STEWED or COOKED, not raw. Actually they are listed as alkaline on a lot of charts.
They act like lemons do ok I just looked it up :)

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established

As I understand all this acid/alkaline stuff, whether or not a food is acid or alkaline has nothing to do with the food's own pH, but the effect it has on your system. Most fruits are acid in pH, but they are alkaline forming. That is, eating them will tend to increase your system pH. I was interested in this twenty or so years ago. I think they called it "natural hygiene" or something like that.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
I like lycopene, and I love tomatoes. This thread is titled "net alkaline", short for net alkaline producing or net-base producing precisely because I'm referring to how this food influences what the kidneys need to do to maintain pH balance, not about the proportion of Hydrogen atoms in the molecular structure of the food itself.

WF

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Something missing ??? sugar, sweetener or both maybe

user88777

Awards
You guys should check out greens+ or similar green food powders - very alkaline and awesome in fruit smoothies...

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
You guys should check out greens+ or similar green food powders - very alkaline and awesome in fruit smoothies...
I like adding greens+ to protein shakes. Good to neutralize the pH that way and get all the good stuff, though it has a lot less fiber and moisture than the fresh veggies. Of course, it's easier to find the good spirulina and blue-green algae this way then going to the local lake.