You guys on HRT and taking HCG

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
....... is it ONLY to prevent testicular shrinkage?

T800

T800

Awards

As HAN said, it's a pathway rebalancer in addition to being a nut restorer.

Cytochrome P450-SCC is the enzyme that converts Cholesterol to Pregnenolone.

Sonny

T800

T800

Awards
HCG increases the activity of the enzyme that converts Cholesterol to Pregnenolone.

Once you go on TRT via external Testosterone (gel, cream, injection), etc...the hormonal pathways get thrown out of whack because the body senses the Testosterone and then shuts off its own production. What you often see are lowering of Pregnenolone and DHEA as a response from your body.

HCG counteracts it by having more Pregnenolone made from Cholesterol. You have to take enough of it and take it frequently enough for it to work though.

Sonny

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the explanation.

I suppose this is also why it is recommended (generally) to take pregnenolone and DHEA while one is on TRT.

Someone told me about an article in Men's Health that stated taking pregnenolone was ineffective. I said I didn't think that applied to someone who was on test.

Is that thinking correct? Or would you still hold that preg would be beneficial for someone not on test? Or does it depend?

T800

T800

Awards
I think the results with Pregnenolone have been mixed for 2 reasons:

1. Oral preg is poorly absorbed, but transdermal preg is well absorbed. A lot of people report no hormonal changes when using oral pregnenolone, but oral pregnenolone is used more commonly for it's mental health properties.

2. The pregnenolone assay itself is considered 'worthless' in men. The better predictor of pregnenolone is to look at what comes from it (progesterone and DHEA).

Sonny

aculpep

Awards
Good post.
This is why Dr. John doesn't have me on it. My progesterone and dhea are already high.

I think the results with Pregnenolone have been mixed for 2 reasons:

1. Oral preg is poorly absorbed, but transdermal preg is well absorbed. A lot of people report no hormonal changes when using oral pregnenolone, but oral pregnenolone is used more commonly for it's mental health properties.

2. The pregnenolone assay itself is considered 'worthless' in men. The better predictor of pregnenolone is to look at what comes from it (progesterone and DHEA).

Sonny

rick055

Awards
  • Established

Sonny
So in order to determine whether pregnenolone and DHEA would be worth supplementing one would review progesterone and DHEA labs?

Also, do we have any idea to what degree pregnenolone effectively decreases serum DHT?

My DHT numbers were at the top of the scale before beginning androgel, so I'm expecting them to be high on the labs I just had drawn.

My E2 was at 35, so I understand that decreasing E2 should decrease DHT, right? (something to do with competing for sites?)

T800

T800

Awards
High DHT will push E2 down. When I had DHT in the 160's (range = 25 to 75), my E2 was as low as it had ever gone while on TRT (15 ... range = 13 to 54).

Response of the "Testosterone-related" hormones (DHT and E2) seems to be hard to predict individually. Some men have sharp rises in E2/DHT while on TRT and others do not. I think the best way to see is to try it and keep an eye on how you feel and if you can afford it, the labs.

Sonny