Checking DHEA

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Is there a particular lab that you want to get done for this?

I have heard about DHEA-S and I want to make sure (like E2) that I specify the correct test.

i.e.: DHEA, DHEA-S, DHEA ultra sensitive, DHEA standing on one foot....:blink:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is there a particular lab that you want to get done for this?

I have heard about DHEA-S and I want to make sure (like E2) that I specify the correct test.

i.e.: DHEA, DHEA-S, DHEA ultra sensitive, DHEA standing on one foot....:blink:
Quest, Rheins(urine) Genova(urines)

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's crazy how much difference there is in labs... My dhea at labcorp showed normal midrange but my Rhein showed really high.
The Urines are more accurate, no doubts about it.

I would trust the rhein score.

what was it? were you on any dhea supps at the time.

galapagos

Awards
It's crazy how much difference there is in labs... My dhea at labcorp showed normal midrange but my Rhein showed really high.
Yeah, exactly the same here. Labcorp I was low, but rhein I was high (like way out of range high). I personally wasn't on DHEA at the time at all.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, exactly the same here. Labcorp I was low, but rhein I was high (like way out of range high). I personally wasn't on DHEA at the time at all.
i was oppostie normal in blood low in urine must mean I am not metabolizing it at all. Make by backing up in sulufation pathways who knows

aculpep

Awards
I wonder if Rhein is accurate in regards to dhea then? Sounds very suspect. I wasn't on dhea either.

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
How did Rhein get introduced to our community? just wondering...

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
ya but the price comparison between the two generally is much more in favor of rheinlabs....genova can be pricey.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
ya but the price comparison between the two generally is much more in favor of rheinlabs....genova can be pricey.
Genova was a more comprehensive test and rheine would not have found the root cause of my problem methyation and magneisum defiecincy, COMT enzyme lagging