Compounding Pharmacy Question?

1. Registered User

Arrow Compounding Pharmacy Question?

If, after my next round of labs I decide to stay on transdermal T, I think I want to try to get a compounded gel. I would enjoy the lower application volume a 5% product would afford.

Does anyone have any experience with any compounded transdermal T that they are happy with?

I am in NY, so I would prefer a pharmacy in NY, although with the doctors prescription I don't think it's a problem, I don't know how that works.

I found a local compounding pharmacy, but they want to charge $250 a month for the compounded T and that's ridiculous. I would have to pay out of pocket for a compounded med.

If I have to stay on Androgel, so be it, but 2 ml vs 10 ml would be great.

2. Registered User

Androgel is 1%, wow didn't know that, that's got to be a lot of volume. You could go with 10% also, that's what I'm going to. You can order from Dr. John with a script I believe no problem, no reason to stay local if you can't find a decent price. www.allthingsmale.com. I cant imagine what they are charging you $250 for. I'm switching to a gel also, that's what Dr. John prefers.

Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    If, after my next round of labs I decide to stay on transdermal T, I think I want to try to get a compounded gel. I would enjoy the lower application volume a 5% product would afford.

Does anyone have any experience with any compounded transdermal T that they are happy with?

I am in NY, so I would prefer a pharmacy in NY, although with the doctors prescription I don't think it's a problem, I don't know how that works.

I found a local compounding pharmacy, but they want to charge $250 a month for the compounded T and that's ridiculous. I would have to pay out of pocket for a compounded med.

If I have to stay on Androgel, so be it, but 2 ml vs 10 ml would be great.
  3. Registered User

When are you going to see Dr. John? I just started being treated by him as well. Might as well order the gel from him if you're going to see him.

but I still can't wait to see Dr. John.
    •   

4. Registered User

Double-check with the pharmacy on that price, you may have gotten the wrong person. I am a compounding pharmacist, and I can't imagine a 1 month supply of a 5% cream/gel being that much. If it was, then you should check for another pharmacy on iacprx.org.
  5. Member

Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post

PM me I will send you the info on the Pharmacy I a musing not sure on the cost because my insurance covers it

Bill- NJ
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Test Powder/Compound 20 Question
    By Erihis in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 03:37 PM
  2. Quick Compound 20 question
    By JReinhal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 12:12 AM
  3. Methylated compound stack question - Help please!
    By ssdirk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 09:07 AM
  4. compounding pharmacies
    By RugbyHooligan in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 07:23 PM
  5. HCG Compounding Pharmacies
    By Scottyo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 01:27 PM