Blunt needle, Novarel

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.27%

Blunt needle, Novarel

The stopper on the Novarel bottle must be made by Goodyear, truck tire division. By the time the insulin needle goes through it, the needle's point is ruined. Since I require insulin injections, I'm pretty familiar with the process and I know what a sharp needle should feel like. A needle reused thirty times never got this bad. My concern is loosing stainless steel needle fragments in my body from damage to the tip.

The directions from the pharmacy print-out with the Novarel say to draw the medication from the vial to the syringe and then change the needle. Insulin syringes don't have detachable needles. The other size syringe that I have around, which had removable tips, is a 3 CC device with a 21 gauge point. I wanted to know what others taking HCG are using for needles and what procedure is used with respect to changing tips after drawing the medication from the vial.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.41%

Quote Originally Posted by TiredOldFart View Post
    The stopper on the Novarel bottle must be made by Goodyear, truck tire division. By the time the insulin needle goes through it, the needle's point is ruined. Since I require insulin injections, I'm pretty familiar with the process and I know what a sharp needle should feel like. A needle reused thirty times never got this bad. My concern is loosing stainless steel needle fragments in my body from damage to the tip.

The directions from the pharmacy print-out with the Novarel say to draw the medication from the vial to the syringe and then change the needle. Insulin syringes don't have detachable needles. The other size syringe that I have around, which had removable tips, is a 3 CC device with a 21 gauge point. I wanted to know what others taking HCG are using for needles and what procedure is used with respect to changing tips after drawing the medication from the vial.
    My Doctor gave me a 10 cc syringe with a needle that must be an 12 gage ( I'd hate to get a shot with it) I draw up 10 cc of water then inject it into the HCG vial. I then use a 1/2 inch 29 gage syringe to draw it from the HCG vial. I then use the same syringe to inject into the thigh or tricep. I have very lttle body fat on my thighs, so a 1/2 needle works fine for the IM injection.

You are correct,, the rubber on the Novarel vials is tough. I have to be real careful not to bend the 29 gage needle when I poke through the rubber stopper.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.27%

I didn't have any problems mixing the solution. I used the 3ML syringe I had around from B12 shots four times to get 10ml water added. The problem I'm having is that the 31 gauge insulin syringe looses it's sharp point going through the hard rubber stopper on the Novarel. Instead of gliding through my skin, it rips through because the sharp tip is gone. So I was wondering if there is a better syringe choice. Maybe I would have better results from a 29 gauge syringe. Since I take insulin, I know how the 31 gauge pins should glide in without any force. The insulin pens are even better since their tip is never subjected to piercing the rubber stopper. The novaral stopper rips the tip up. Part of my concern is leaving stainless steel bits in my body from damage to the needle tip. Are there any fine gauge needles with detachable tips like available on the larger syringes?
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. needle laws
    By corteztk1982 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 08:55 AM
  2. syringe/needle/injection faq
    By raybravo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 06:34 AM
  3. needle pics
    By corteztk1982 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 01:17 AM
  4. Drawing and Pinning with separate Needles?
    By Blatalian in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-14-2003, 11:23 PM
  5. Can I reuse the same needle?
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 12:01 AM