Arimidex Dosage

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Kasumeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    27
    Answers
    0

    Arimidex Dosage


    I've been given a script for Arimidex, 1mg/day to treat gyno that's started to develop from testosterone replacement. The most common dosage recommended here seems to be .25mg/E3D. That's a whopping twelve times smaller! I'm really not sure what to do here. Should my dose be higher because I've already started to develop gyno? Should I start somewhere in the middle (say .25mg/day) and see how I feel? What are the markers that I should be looking for as for the right dose, or one that's too high?

  2. Registered User
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Answers
    0


    I have a follow up question to yours, kasumet, if you don't mind sharing a thread and that is-

    why E3D? Does it have to do with half life? Is arimidex effective in the body for three days?
  3. Registered User
    Kasumeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    27
    Answers
    0


    Because it's nearly impossible to administer less than .25mg at a time, due to the fact that it comes in 1mg pills.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Answers
    0


    but don't some doctors prescribe 1 mg E3D?
  5. Registered User
    Kasumeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    27
    Answers
    0


    Yes, because it comes in 1mg pills, and it's easier to take a whole pill every three days than a third of one every day, and doctors will go with what's easiest to do 90% of the time.
  6. Registered User
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Answers
    0


    Ahh, okay.

    So the drug itself will exert its anti-estrogen effect for three days, regardless of dose; no need to dose daily.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    Ahh, okay.

    So the drug itself will exert its anti-estrogen effect for three days, regardless of dose; no need to dose daily.
    one every 3 days will kill your e2 level down to nothing then this will affect magneisum and calium, choline,. iodine absorption in the body
  8. Registered User
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    one every 3 days will kill your e2 level down to nothing then this will affect magneisum and calium, choline,. iodine absorption in the body
    But I thought most doctors were dosing every three days (like .25 mg).

    Just to clarify, how are you saying it should be dosed? (X mg every X days)
  9. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    But I thought most doctors were dosing every three days (like .25 mg).

    Just to clarify, how are you saying it should be dosed? (X mg every X days)
    .25 mg E3D

    Try and cut pill best as you can. If its not perfect do not worry - a little more today, a little less 3 days later, a little more.....yada yada yada.
  10. Registered User
    Kasumeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    27
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    .25 mg E3D

    Try and cut pill best as you can. If its not perfect do not worry - a little more today, a little less 3 days later, a little more.....yada yada yada.
    Is this the dosage that you would recommend for myself, who has already developed mild gyno? Perhaps I should start with a higher dose for a while and taper down to .25mg/E3D?
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Kasumeat View Post
    Is this the dosage that you would recommend for myself, who has already developed mild gyno? Perhaps I should start with a higher dose for a while and taper down to .25mg/E3D?
    Love to know what is needed to bring down from e2 75 down to about 30 ish I'm at .25 mgs day on injection on every 3rd day and also 300 mgs DIM via urine test with sam-e, ZMA, TMG 750 BID. Something out to give. 1 mgs was a week was way too much unless that ultrasesnitive e2 test was screwy..getting bad night sweats ans insomina, no muscle pumps wonder if e2 is dropping to fast ? Since going to DIM300 mgs i do feel my e2 has dropped dramtically< morning wood has stopped and feel like low serotonin levels are back aagain..(constipation)
  12. Registered User
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Love to know what is needed to bring down from e2 75 down to about 30 ish I'm at .25 mgs day on injection on every 3rd day and also 300 mgs DIM via urine test with sam-e, ZMA, TMG 750 BID. Something out to give. 1 mgs was a week was way too much unless that ultrasesnitive e2 test was screwy..getting bad night sweats ans insomina, no muscle pumps wonder if e2 is dropping to fast ? Since going to DIM300 mgs i do feel my e2 has dropped dramtically< morning wood has stopped and feel like low serotonin levels are back aagain..(constipation)
    Why not just use LiquiDex, as the dosage is much more reliable and consistent? Trying to break the tiny arimidex pills into quarters produces uneven amounts and you loose quite a bit with the dust and small remains (unusable). I think breaking it in half is the best you can do without losing too much.
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    Why not just use LiquiDex, as the dosage is much more reliable and consistent? Trying to break the tiny arimidex pills into quarters produces uneven amounts and you loose quite a bit with the dust and small remains (unusable). I think breaking it in half is the best you can do without losing too much.
    I am using liquidex but I prefer to use real FDA approved drugs in stead of back yard stuff because I know whats in it and liquidex has me all over the place. When on armidex i never had a problem with keeping self stable. I have heard alot of other people same thing they are all over th eplace with inconsitency..for 15 bucks a month knowing i;m going to get real deal I will take that any day.
  14. Registered User
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    I am using liquidex but I prefer to use real FDA approved drugs in stead of back yard stuff
    Is liquidex a compounded arimidex?

    Is it really a drug or a natural remedy?

    How do you get it?
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    Is liquidex a compounded arimidex?

    Is it really a drug or a natural remedy?

    How do you get it?
    its actuall drug vblendde in glycerol suspension and sold as labortaroy consumption IE for rats
  16. Registered User
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    its actuall drug vblendde in glycerol suspension and sold as labortaroy consumption IE for rats
    My pet rat has like five ***** tits so it should do the trick.


    I'll stick with arimidex.
  17. Registered User
    Joejoebaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    62
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    I am using liquidex but I prefer to use real FDA approved drugs in stead of back yard stuff because I know whats in it and liquidex has me all over the place. When on armidex i never had a problem with keeping self stable. I have heard alot of other people same thing they are all over th eplace with inconsitency..for 15 bucks a month knowing i;m going to get real deal I will take that any day.
    Where are you getting arimidex for $15 a month? Thats an awesome price.
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Joejoebaggins View Post
    Where are you getting arimidex for $15 a month? Thats an awesome price.
    see about 2 pills a month at 7-8 bucks a pop then i get reinbursed 80%
  19. Registered User
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Answers
    0


    Arimidex is actually the ONLY TRT med that my insurance company will cover...$20 copay. Test cyp is a no-go (Androgel only) and HcG requires some sort of fertility plan to get approval.
  20. Registered User
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Answers
    0


    I'm taking .5mg e/d and notice no negative effects. I feel a lot better, not perfect though.

    Still can not lose my stomach/pec fat no matter what I try!!? My food is spot on, as well as training..yet I have a layer of fat the won't go away.
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by smc252 View Post
    I'm taking .5mg e/d and notice no negative effects. I feel a lot better, not perfect though.

    Still can not lose my stomach/pec fat no matter what I try!!? My food is spot on, as well as training..yet I have a layer of fat the won't go away.
    check estrogen metabolism !! thats where my problem is not e2
    e2 is minor compared to down stream of estrone metabolites
  22. Registered User
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    check estrogen metabolism !! thats where my problem is not e2
    e2 is minor compared to down stream of estrone metabolites
    What would you do to control estrones, etc...
  23. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    What would you do to control estrones, etc...
    Same thing to control E2 is estrones as well.

    Arimidex is the best way.

    Eventually as one felt better and lost BF% and upped energy exposure, they cut cut back on dosage and possibly wean themselves off at some point, or at least to a much smaller dose.

    Start at .25mg E3D
  24. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Same thing to control E2 is estrones as well.

    Arimidex is the best way.

    Eventually as one felt better and lost BF% and upped energy exposure, they cut cut back on dosage and possibly wean themselves off at some point, or at least to a much smaller dose.

    Start at .25mg E3D
    Comm on plymouth you are slipping look at my profile on urine test that just totally dispporves that theory..
    low e2 high estrone metabolites
  25. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Comm on plymouth you are slipping look at my profile on urine test that just totally dispporves that theory..
    low e2 high estrone metabolites
    Everyone's case is different Nails

    However, as a very *General* rule of thumb, where E1 goes so does E2, they tend to go in balance.

    With you though Nails, your on exogenous prescription drugs, like testosterone, which can throw everyone for a loop and anything can happen.

    Im saying for a normal individual not on any HRT, usually E1 and E2 go hand in hand.
  26. Registered User
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    HcG requires some sort of fertility plan to get approval.

    If you have the time and the fortitude, you might be able to challenge that because hCG is approved for treatment of hypogonadism.
  27. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Everyone's case is different Nails

    However, as a very *General* rule of thumb, where E1 goes so does E2, they tend to go in balance.

    With you though Nails, your on exogenous prescription drugs, like testosterone, which can throw everyone for a loop and anything can happen.

    Im saying for a normal individual not on any HRT, usually E1 and E2 go hand in hand.
    As with any thing you always have a good come back ..
  28. Registered User
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    If you have the time and the fortitude, you might be able to challenge that because hCG is approved for treatment of hypogonadism.
    When it is approved for hypogonadism, is it on a full time/year round basis? Or in "spurts" like when it is prescribed for fertility?
  29. Registered User
    Kasumeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    27
    Answers
    0


    So, what are the symtpoms of taking too much Arimidex?
  30. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Kasumeat View Post
    So, what are the symtpoms of taking too much Arimidex?
    i can answer these !! expereincing them right now !!
    insonia
    joint pains
    constipation
    low serotonin
    low gaba
    low insulin out put
    memory fog
    muscle atrophy
    no morning eretions
    dry skin
    fat gain in stomach
    anemia
    shallow breathing
    confusion
    magneosum defiency
    calcium imbalances
    lipid issues
    low enrgy
    oxiadtive stress
    Copper defieincy
    emotional zombie !!
    depression - do not give a fuk about anything
    sleepy
    feel like in own world..
    want me to go on?
  31. Registered User
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    i can answer these !! expereincing them right now !!
    insonia
    joint pains
    constipation
    low serotonin
    low gaba
    low insulin out put
    memory fog
    muscle atrophy
    no morning eretions
    dry skin
    fat gain in stomach
    anemia
    shallow breathing
    confusion
    magneosum defiency
    calcium imbalances
    lipid issues
    low enrgy
    oxiadtive stress
    Copper defieincy
    emotional zombie !!
    depression - do not give a fuk about anything
    sleepy
    feel like in own world..
    want me to go on?
    So the key is to find and maintain that perfect estrogen level for you. Too high or too low causes problems...just like having low test.
  32. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    So the key is to find and maintain that perfect estrogen level for you. Too high or too low causes problems...just like having low test.

    Yep and the pain in the ass is that high e2 is same as low e2. Actuallly I use my tongue to quide me. When I am in the prefect soon my tongue is less white and coated. When high or low its pure white and thick. Plus my tits hurt as well when high and get horrible body odor..
  33. Registered User
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    insonia
    joint pains
    constipation
    low serotonin
    low gaba
    low insulin out put
    memory fog
    muscle atrophy
    no morning eretions
    dry skin
    fat gain in stomach
    anemia
    shallow breathing
    confusion
    magneosum defiency
    calcium imbalances
    lipid issues
    low enrgy
    oxiadtive stress
    Copper defieincy
    emotional zombie !!
    depression - do not give a fuk about anything
    sleepy
    feel like in own world..
    want me to go on?
    But do you feel well?
  34. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    But do you feel well?
    On can swing from high to low in matter of 2- 3 days very easily.. i think eventually armidex will be a thing of the past for me once I get the estrogen metabolism in check. Since stopping the fish oils months ago to bring EFA back into balacnce my shbg doubled from 20 to almost 40..So armidfex in my case has not lowered my shbg as it claim to fame, but correcting estrogen metabolism will. LEF mentions that fish oils help to keep SHBG in check now I know why..
  35. Registered User
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Yep and the pain in the ass is that high e2 is same as low e2. Actuallly I use my tongue to quide me. When I am in the prefect soon my tongue is less white and coated. When high or low its pure white and thick. Plus my tits hurt as well when high and get horrible body odor..
    That is interesting. So you think the coated tongue is due to estrogen and not candida? Maybe there is a relationship that allows it to thrive under certain conditions.
  36. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    That is interesting. So you think the coated tongue is due to estrogen and not candida? Maybe there is a relationship that allows it to thrive under certain conditions.
    THink about it low estrogen suppresses immune system so does elevated. Coated tongue is representation of your functioning immune system, as well as oxidative stress and gluthione. e2 increases gluthione Too much e2 and it gets depleted
  37. Registered User
    superone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    How does low estrogen cause fat gain in the stomach?


    I would think less estrogen means less fat because E2 receptors are found in fat no?
  38. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by superone View Post
    How does low estrogen cause fat gain in the stomach?


    I would think less estrogen means less fat because E2 receptors are found in fat no?
    estrogen defieint men develop NASH and have huge pot belly and little muscle mass on there arms and legs. Estrogen burns fat through lipolysis which reverses this feature
  39. Registered User
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Answers
    0


    What's NASH???
  40. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    The Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis - AKA FATTY LIVER
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. New on TRT.... High Estrogen - Arimidex Dosage advice
    By getalpha in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 11:00 AM
  2. Arimidex dosage?
    By Jaysannn22 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 06:38 PM
  3. Arimidex Dosage
    By punxweb in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 02:35 PM
  4. Arimidex dosage...Please help.
    By SuperSamurai in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 08:03 AM
  5. Arimidex dosage for me
    By ~Get Crunk~ in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 01:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in