Need help on blood test results

cstern

Awards
I'm still sort of new to understanding all this stuff with blood work. But since I have basically any symptom listed to hormone issues, I figured I would get started.

I'm not exactly sure what to do next. I tested a wide range of things to get a big picture before I investigate any specific areas any further.

These tests are from a GP on 7-10-07
He only mailed me results for testosterone but I can get the others from my file if needed

Total Test 687 (241-827)
Free Test 18.4 (9.3-26.5)
Lipid Profile ?
T4 ?
TSH ?
CBC ?
Chemistry Panel ?

He did not report anything outside the normal range

Now for my results from LabCorp on 9-10-07

Iron Bind. Cap. (TIBC) 365 (250-450)
UIBC 237 (150-375)
Iron, Serum 128 (40-155)
Iron Saturation 35% (15-55%)

LH 7.7 (1.5-9.3)
FSH 3.3 (1.4-18.1)

Glucose, Serum 90 (65-99)
Insulin, Fasting 7.3 (0.0-29.1)

DHEA Sulfate 350 (280-640)
PSA 1.2 (0.0-4.0)

Estradiol 51 <54
Forgot to say ultra sensitive

T3 Uptake 31 (24-39)

Prolactin 7.9 (2.1-17.7)
Ferritin 59 (22-322)

SHGB 32 (13-71)
DHT 119 (30-85)

IGF-I 297 (116-358)

Cortisol-AM 14.1 (4.3-22.4)
Cortisol-PM 9.7 (3.1-16.7)

Well, any ideas for me? I'm thinking the FSH is low and also the DHEA is low. But why is DHT so high? Is it normal for it to be so high?

I was looking for adrenal fatigue or possibly an estrogen related issue. I have the whole gyno problem. I was uneducated and had surgery before I looked into any problems and it came back. I'm almost 25 now and had the surgery about 1.5 years ago.

Any input would be great

Thanks

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I'm still sort of new to understanding all this stuff with blood work. But since I have basically any symptom listed to hormone issues, I figured I would get started.

I'm not exactly sure what to do next. I tested a wide range of things to get a big picture before I investigate any specific areas any further.

These tests are from a GP on 7-10-07
He only mailed me results for testosterone but I can get the others from my file if needed

Total Test 687 (241-827)
Free Test 18.4 (9.3-26.5)
Lipid Profile ?
T4 ?
TSH ?
CBC ?
Chemistry Panel ?

He did not report anything outside the normal range

Now for my results from LabCorp on 9-10-07

Iron Bind. Cap. (TIBC) 365 (250-450)
UIBC 237 (150-375)
Iron, Serum 128 (40-155)
Iron Saturation 35% (15-55%)

LH 7.7 (1.5-9.3)
FSH 3.3 (1.4-18.1)

Glucose, Serum 90 (65-99)
Insulin, Fasting 7.3 (0.0-29.1)

DHEA Sulfate 350 (280-640)
PSA 1.2 (0.0-4.0)

Estradiol 51 <54
Forgot to say ultra sensitive

T3 Uptake 31 (24-39)

Prolactin 7.9 (2.1-17.7)
Ferritin 59 (22-322)

SHGB 32 (13-71)
DHT 119 (30-85)

IGF-I 297 (116-358)

Cortisol-AM 14.1 (4.3-22.4)
Cortisol-PM 9.7 (3.1-16.7)

Well, any ideas for me? I'm thinking the FSH is low and also the DHEA is low. But why is DHT so high? Is it normal for it to be so high?

I was looking for adrenal fatigue or possibly an estrogen related issue. I have the whole gyno problem. I was uneducated and had surgery before I looked into any problems and it came back. I'm almost 25 now and had the surgery about 1.5 years ago.

Any input would be great

Thanks
Total Test =687(241-827)
SHGB=32 (13-71)
using dr Shippens chart your
FreeT=150
that is a decent FreeT but you really want it higher, min 160-250 or even 300 when on supplemental T.
If you ever use supplemental T use shots, because transdermals increase DHT. Shots increase E2 but you have available remedy, Arimidex or better LiquiDex.
Use SHBG inhibitors, that will help increasing FreeT.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Your E2 test is wrong, but still it indicates high E2
use LiquiDex 0.5cc E3D, every third day, retest (with correct test, adjust dose.
Do Quest's test
Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)
Adjust by both, E2 and FreeE2
You really should do Estroessence from Genova Diagnostics (on top of the above Estradiol, Free).
Look for example of information you get from that test (remember your gyno)
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/75493-estroessence-han.html
==============================================================
Do blood test per post #44
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html
================================================================
Get some DHEA, retest latter, some (like me) need lots of pills to raise DHEA only little bit.
Start with 50mg/day

cstern

Awards
Thanks for the input. Now I just need to find a doctor that will actually help me out.

I'm actually thinking I may have a pituitary issue here. I have felt dead and no energy since I recovered from mono at age 18. My energy had gone up and down for several years.

About a year ago I suffered a head injury and I haven't been able to lift or exercise at all since a few months after the accident. I've been going completely down hill since then.

So are there any other abnormal results in my test results? I'm kind of lost on what to look for or possible causes.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the input. Now I just need to find a doctor that will actually help me out.

I'm actually thinking I may have a pituitary issue here. I have felt dead and no energy since I recovered from mono at age 18. My energy had gone up and down for several years.

About a year ago I suffered a head injury and I haven't been able to lift or exercise at all since a few months after the accident. I've been going completely down hill since then.

So are there any other abnormal results in my test results? I'm kind of lost on what to look for or possible causes.
Need to find out SHBG and also lowering your e2 will bring up your free testosterone and also raise up total another 100-150 points. Check Mri to Rule out pituitary problems. Liquidex at .5 mgs a week should be fine, but base your e2 on your shbg.
If shbg is little higher you need more e2 if it is low you do need less e2 (hence armidex). With e2 of 17 and shbg I have e2 defiecincy symptoms. I need to lower e2 with fish oils and decrease the bad estrogens to bring down the shbg then e2 17 be good !!

cstern

Awards
So i had a bottle of DHEA around which I had taken before but apparently the dosage was too low. I started taking 100mg each morning as well as 2 pills of 6OXO which I had around.

So far I have noticed a lot less brain fog for about 8-10 hours after taking the pills. I'm not entirely sure on how to dose the DHEA. I'm thinking I should maybe take another later in the day?

I take the improvement as a good sign. I'm just trying out a few things until I get time to get in to a good doctor. Fulltime work and school so its difficult.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So i had a bottle of DHEA around which I had taken before but apparently the dosage was too low. I started taking 100mg each morning as well as 2 pills of 6OXO which I had around.

So far I have noticed a lot less brain fog for about 8-10 hours after taking the pills. I'm not entirely sure on how to dose the DHEA. I'm thinking I should maybe take another later in the day?

I take the improvement as a good sign. I'm just trying out a few things until I get time to get in to a good doctor. Fulltime work and school so its difficult.
Make sure you quit taking both at least 2 weeks prior to seeing Dr