Is there any reason for a testicle ultrasound if...

CF10

CF10

Awards
...if you have low LH and FSH? I figured that was the cause of the low T. But the doc wants an ultrasound now. Wouldnt LH and FSH by sky high if the problem was primary? Is it possible to be primary AND secondary?

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Does he think it's torsion? Tumor?
If it was torsion, our friend wouldnt have been able to post LOL. tumor? na he would have said something to him.. epidymitis is a possibility here though from a doc's perspective... I'm sure hes just out for cash.

CF10

CF10

Awards
I dont know what torsion is but I'll look it up. To answer your Q's, he didnt mention that. What he said was he wanted to see if I had any tumors affecting my Leydig cells. I just figured if the start of the problem came from a Leydig cell problem, wouldnt my pituitary start sending out LH and FSH like crazy?

The only situations I can think of where LH and FSH would be low and Leydig cells were the cause of the problem is if:

1. Somehow my pituitary is ALSO messed up and I am both primary and secondary

2. I have sky high estradiol and my pituitary thinks there is plenty of T circulating even though there isnt. I do not know if this is possible, this is just my thoughts.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont know what torsion is but I'll look it up. To answer your Q's, he didnt mention that. What he said was he wanted to see if I had any tumors affecting my Leydig cells. I just figured if the start of the problem came from a Leydig cell problem, wouldnt my pituitary start sending out LH and FSH like crazy?

The only situations I can think of where LH and FSH would be low and Leydig cells were the cause of the problem is if:

1. Somehow my pituitary is ALSO messed up and I am both primary and secondary

2. I have sky high estradiol and my pituitary thinks there is plenty of T circulating even though there isnt. I do not know if this is possible, this is just my thoughts.
eh.. hpta suppression... and a doctor who has a slight idea, looking to make cash. LOL thats my opinion bro.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
My thoughts

I am on TRT and thus my LH and FSH are very low as to be expected. My balls were soft, and obviously smaller so when I switched Dr. he requested a Ultra Sound to just verify that nothing was wrong with my testicals causing my low T.

Yes, he is checking to make sure you dont have a tumor and or a cancer. I take it you are not on TRT? If so obviously unless you are taking HcG your balls are going to shrink. Mine actually hurt like I pinched them or something.

All my hormonal levels were messed up so my urologist called me and told me to get a MRI to see if I had pituitary tumor. I didnt, just need to get my thyroid levels stable and get my test back to normal.

CF10

CF10

Awards
I am on TRT and thus my LH and FSH are very low as to be expected. My balls were soft, and obviously smaller so when I switched Dr. he requested a Ultra Sound to just verify that nothing was wrong with my testicals causing my low T.

Yes, he is checking to make sure you dont have a tumor and or a cancer. I take it you are not on TRT? If so obviously unless you are taking HcG your balls are going to shrink. Mine actually hurt like I pinched them or something.

All my hormonal levels were messed up so my urologist called me and told me to get a MRI to see if I had pituitary tumor. I didnt, just need to get my thyroid levels stable and get my test back to normal.

I am on TRT, I guess you could call this therapy but just barely. I'm on Testim which has lowered my T from where it started (down to 118 ng/dl now). So the doc sent me to a Uro for injections. Well, the Uro was surprised that I was referred to him for injections and he didnt have any in the office, and he said he didnt wanna give them to me yet. So he ordered an ultrasound based on my pre-TRT labs which indicated low LH and FSH. Pituitary MRI was already taken and it was normal. I just dont see a reason to suspect testicular tumor. LH and FSH wouldnt be low if the problem was in the testicles, plus I have no lumps, no pain, and the Uro said they felt normal. I think RisingAgainst has it right, just lookin for some cash from me.

These doctors are just shuffling me from one to the next. It's been 5 months since I first went to the doctor and the only treatment I have gotten is low dose Testim which shut me down, and horrible lack of proper blood testing and ignorance. I'm going to an endo in a week and a half and if he doesnt come through for me I'm seeing Dr. John.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
OMG -you just stated my life. 4 years on topicals and my test levels went from 227 to 171. Sent to a urologist who gave me a script to self inject test-e. My life changed in a week. Test levels are at 899. Dr. work for you. Demand your issue get fixed or go somwhere else.

I got like 25 bottles of Androgel sitting in my house.

Dont stress the ultrsound. The probability of a issue (tumor or anything like that) is so minimal. I had it done and didnt worry about it at all. I actually forgot about it untill theuy called me to tell me everything was ok.

You need to get on TRT ASAP. Dr. J is about 1.5 hours from my house but dealing with my Dr. right now and pretty happy so far.

If you have been on topical and even though yuo are not responding and t levels are actually going down you LH and FSH can still go very low. Mine did. Even though I couldnt absorb andro or testim my LH wwas .21 and my FSH like .90. So low not even the bottom range.

Unless Dr. has a comp thing going with the hospital he isnt making cash. He might get referals or some type of promo is possible. My opinion is Dr. dont know sh!t about hormon issues and are scared to treat what they dont know. When my levels dropped to 171 and I lost 15 pounds in 10 days and my urologist thought i had pituitarty tumor is when i said enough and demanded to be put on IM test-e

CF10

CF10

Awards
OMG -you just stated my life. 4 years on topicals and my test levels went from 227 to 171. Sent to a urologist who gave me a script to self inject test-e. My life changed in a week. Test levels are at 899. Dr. work for you. Demand your issue get fixed or go somwhere else.

I got like 25 bottles of Androgel sitting in my house.

Dont stress the ultrsound. The probability of a issue (tumor or anything like that) is so minimal. I had it done and didnt worry about it at all. I actually forgot about it untill theuy called me to tell me everything was ok.

You need to get on TRT ASAP. Dr. J is about 1.5 hours from my house but dealing with my Dr. right now and pretty happy so far.

If you have been on topical and even though yuo are not responding and t levels are actually going down you LH and FSH can still go very low. Mine did. Even though I couldnt absorb andro or testim my LH wwas .21 and my FSH like .90. So low not even the bottom range.

Unless Dr. has a comp thing going with the hospital he isnt making cash. He might get referals or some type of promo is possible. My opinion is Dr. dont know sh!t about hormon issues and are scared to treat what they dont know. When my levels dropped to 171 and I lost 15 pounds in 10 days and my urologist thought i had pituitarty tumor is when i said enough and demanded to be put on IM test-e

Yeah I'm not worried about the ultrasound, just kinda annoyed that I had to go through it. I thought I was going to the Uro for a shot of T but instead I walked out with an order for an ultrasound of my balls, lol. Talk about a bad mood. But when the results come back I do have a script for T shots, but here's the catch: I am not supposed to do it myself. I am supposed to fill the script, bring the vial to the office, and let the Uro shoot me up with 200mg. I will tell him I want 100mg weekly and that I do not need to come in every week, I can do myself. We shall see how well that flies, lol.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
I got the same script. Picked it up went to the Dr. and told them I wanted to self inject. did it there to show them i knew what i was doing and took my sh!t and went home.

Im guessing they are going to try and give you 200mg every 2 weeks. If this is the case you will crash around day 7-10. Shots need to be done E3D. I learned this the hard way. My Dr. scribed 200mg every 2 weeks. I do it myself but......... I take it e3d by dividing out the correct doese and just doing it and he knows no better.

Get them to let you do it at home and stick to e3d. If you need help converting mg/shot check with JanSz. He is like a human calculator.

CF10

CF10

Awards
I got the same script. Picked it up went to the Dr. and told them I wanted to self inject. did it there to show them i knew what i was doing and took my sh!t and went home.

Im guessing they are going to try and give you 200mg every 2 weeks. If this is the case you will crash around day 7-10. Shots need to be done E3D. I learned this the hard way. My Dr. scribed 200mg every 2 weeks. I do it myself but......... I take it e3d by dividing out the correct doese and just doing it and he knows no better.

Get them to let you do it at home and stick to e3d. If you need help converting mg/shot check with JanSz. He is like a human calculator.
That's pretty much the plan :D. And yeah JanSz is the man. One thing though, when you go back for blood evaluations you're supposed to go at the midway point between injections. What do you do when you're shooting E3D? Does it not matter when you get blood drawn in that case or do you try to time your shots and appointments so you get blood drawn on say, the 2nd day after injecting?

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
ill let jansz field that one

for me i have been just getting bt done the day of the shot. i usually inject 1st thing in the am (if i do it after work i cant sleep). so on the day of injection i will get blood taken early morning then inject after

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
ill let jansz field that one

for me i have been just getting bt done the day of the shot. i usually inject 1st thing in the am (if i do it after work i cant sleep). so on the day of injection i will get blood taken early morning then inject after
Right