HCG vs Clomid for TRT

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Be careful trying to take yourself off of Klonopin. I have tried several times over the years and have never been able to do so. I hate the fact that I have to rely on this drug, but I have to be realistic about it, too. As some of you know, few things can wreck your life faster than not being able to sleep.

Klonopin has a very long half life...around 27 hrs IIRC. If I were to try again, I would probably gradually move towards meds with shorter half lives....and then at the end try something herbal/natural.

Sonny

2. Thanks, yeah, I use Klonopin to sleep and tried lowering the dose and add benedryl and then added in ZMA and it didnt work. Not sure if its all in my head or not but if I dont take Klonopin before bed i dont sleep
    •   

3. I am in the middle of stoping ambien, I think thats in the class of benzo's like klonopin. Anyways, even with a slow taper this is just hell...klonopin was easier but thats not saying much took being off that for a few weeks to get back to normal. I think it has somewhere near a 40 hour half life in the body.

4. Just got back from the urologist on month #2 of my HCG therapy. Spent the last 30 days on HCG only 500 IU 3x week. Total T moved up a bit to 330 and Free T went from 60 to 90. Unfortunately Estrogen went from 23 to 34. Going to try one month at 250 IU 5x a week, and if that doesn't do much, switch to clomid. Any thoughts?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Pace2 View Post
    Just got back from the urologist on month #2 of my HCG therapy. Spent the last 30 days on HCG only 500 IU 3x week. Total T moved up a bit to 330 and Free T went from 60 to 90. Unfortunately Estrogen went from 23 to 34. Going to try one month at 250 IU 5x a week, and if that doesn't do much, switch to clomid. Any thoughts?
    Best you can do is to do 250iu hcg E2D forewer.
    Deal with your estrodial.
    At Quest Diagnostics do this test
    Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)
    adjust your
    FreeE2 (0.45 - 0.6)
    use Liquidex on the other day, use insuline syringe with cut off needle to measure exactly.
    Start with 0.25 - 0.3cc, that is 25 to 30 units
    (but with current testing you do not know if you are high on E2, it may be close enough when you use the test I suggested)
    ----------------
    Use this test
    Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
    you should be at the top in BioAvailable

If you are missing
    add injectable Testosterone (forever).

Before you start on injectable Testosterone take care of your thyroid.
    Test FreeT3, add Armour Thyroid if low, get it to the top range.

Good luck.
    •   

6. Thanks JanSz. I am taking synthroid for low thyroid. What is the reason if to switch to Armour?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Pace2 View Post
    Thanks JanSz. I am taking synthroid for low thyroid. What is the reason if to switch to Armour?
    If your FreeT3 is on the top of range with you using Synthroid,
    then keep using Synthroid (T4).

Many people have a hard time to convert T4 ---> T3
    That is why Armour works better for them.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. HCG vs. Clomid throughout cycle
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-20-2015, 11:23 AM
  2. Nolva vs Clomid for PCT
    By chocolatemilk in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 05:27 PM
  3. Nolvadex vs. Clomid for PCT
    By nomoredex in forum Post Cycle Therapy