HCG and fertility.

SuperSamurai

Awards
Does HCG keep up fertility or just keeps ball working with out keeping fertility?

rfish1966

Awards
My count went from 880k to just over 9 million in about 3 months time. I also have to make sure and adjust em when I lay down since they dangle pretty good now.

rfish1966

Awards
started at 1000 IU's three times a week and now I am down to 250 3 times a week.

SuperSamurai

Awards
started at 1000 IU's three times a week and now I am down to 250 3 times a week.
cool so you went frm 880k infertile to 9 million wich is totally fertile....were you on TRT before or just had low sperm count do to low fsh?

rfish1966

Awards
20 million is normal for most guys but the 9 to 10 million range is considered the lowest pregnancy can happen spontaniously.

skooch

Awards
20 million is normal for most guys but the 9 to 10 million range is considered the lowest pregnancy can happen spontaniously.
I was told that some doctors consider 20 million to be the line between fertile and infertile, but others like the sperm count to be at or above 40 million.

My count is around 20 million. I've been on Clomid for over a year now and at first it went up to 35mm but then it went back down.

My wife just finished a fertility cycle and I have some leftover Gonal-F (hMG) and a tiny bit of Ovidrel (hCG). I have read that bother can help raise a man's testosterone levels and improve fertility. Any idea what a good dose of the gonal F would be? We have 1000 IU left, and we were giving my wife 150 - 300 IU per night.

rfish1966

Awards
As I understand it for fertility high doses for short periods work well but with such a small amount 250 to 300iu's EOD should be fine.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
this is interesting. From what I know HCG is to LH as HMG is to FSH.

therefore, HCG alone wouldnt seem to attack a males fertility issues from every angle.

It would be interesting to hear from guys who have been on TRT or use AAS frequently and are concerned with long term fertility issues. I personally use about 250-750IU of HCG/week when on longer cycles, but I have never checked my sperm count for any number comparisons.

I didnt think HCG alone could boost sperm count, but obviously it has for you. Have you been on TRT? or do you just have low test/sperm count?

anyway....It would be an interesting discussion.

rfish1966

Awards
HMG should provide lh and fsh, it's not used more because of price as far as I know. I am on trt but no hcg at the moment, and my nads are hurting so I need to find someone who will perscribe some for me. Sperm count aside, I had an ache in my nads for two years before I found I had low test. HCG fixed that as well as bringing them back to about where the were when I was 20. It did help slightly with test, I went from 256 to around 300 on hcg alone.

skooch

Awards
Personally I am not on TRT, and I do have low test and sperm counts / levels. What I have left over right now is HMG, the HCG we get one pre-filled syringe per month.

My sperm count doesn't seem to have been boosted at all by anything. It was temporarily by the Clomid, or maybe it was just a coincidence, but it is back as low if not lower than it was before.

For the IUI we did this week I had a count of 18mm which washed to 25mm, which was my best sample yet.

I'm taking the HMG EOD about 200 - 300 IU. It will take months for the sperm count to be affected and I am not going back for a test level test in the near future so I don't know how I will even know if it is working or not. At this rate I have about 3 or 4 injections of HMG left so it won't be for too long.

I am interested in high doses over short times... That might be a more efficient way for me to use what I have left.

My testosterone level is about 312, and I am 30 years old. The doctor was concerned about it after I mentioned my concerns about it. So he ordered a full blood workup and the results he got for my test were 700, which is on the high side I believe. I don't know why it would jump around like that within the space of a few months but he didn't seem concerned about it after that.

I'll go back for another test maybe in 6 months or so.

this is interesting. From what I know HCG is to LH as HMG is to FSH.

therefore, HCG alone wouldnt seem to attack a males fertility issues from every angle.

It would be interesting to hear from guys who have been on TRT or use anabolic steroids frequently and are concerned with long term fertility issues. I personally use about 250-750IU of HCG/week when on longer cycles, but I have never checked my sperm count for any number comparisons.

I didnt think HCG alone could boost sperm count, but obviously it has for you. Have you been on TRT? or do you just have low test/sperm count?

anyway....It would be an interesting discussion.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Personally I am not on TRT, and I do have low test and sperm counts / levels. What I have left over right now is HMG, the HCG we get one pre-filled syringe per month.

My sperm count doesn't seem to have been boosted at all by anything. It was temporarily by the Clomid, or maybe it was just a coincidence, but it is back as low if not lower than it was before.

For the IUI we did this week I had a count of 18mm which washed to 25mm, which was my best sample yet.

I'm taking the HMG EOD about 200 - 300 IU. It will take months for the sperm count to be affected and I am not going back for a test level test in the near future so I don't know how I will even know if it is working or not. At this rate I have about 3 or 4 injections of HMG left so it won't be for too long.

I am interested in high doses over short times... That might be a more efficient way for me to use what I have left.

My testosterone level is about 312, and I am 30 years old. The doctor was concerned about it after I mentioned my concerns about it. So he ordered a full blood workup and the results he got for my test were 700, which is on the high side I believe. I don't know why it would jump around like that within the space of a few months but he didn't seem concerned about it after that.

I'll go back for another test maybe in 6 months or so.
I think that the higher doses for shorter time periods would be much more efficient for RESTORING fertility. However, As I am an AAS using athlete, I would also be interested in prevention techniques. This is where I think the 200-300iu per week along with 250-750IU per week HCG would be appropriate for maintaining fertility. This practice could also be applied to TRT although i am no dr.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
I just was told I am producing 0 sperm. I am on TRT and need to find out if having a baby is a lost cause or if there is anything I can try.

skooch

Awards
I just was told I am producing 0 sperm. I am on TRT and need to find out if having a baby is a lost cause or if there is anything I can try.
If you produce even one sperm they can work with that. It will be difficult, expensive and possibly painful, but they can get some tissue out of your balls and look for sperm which they then use for IUI.

If you are really producing 0 sperm you should talk to your doctor about stopping the TRT and maybe getting on something to kick start your sperm production (clomid, hcg, hmg).

I don't know if 0 sperm count is usually caused by TRT or if it has a different cause. I know TRT lowers sperm count.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you produce even one sperm they can work with that. It will be difficult, expensive and possibly painful, but they can get some tissue out of your balls and look for sperm which they then use for IUI.

If you are really producing 0 sperm you should talk to your doctor about stopping the TRT and maybe getting on something to kick start your sperm production (clomid, hcg, hmg).

I don't know if 0 sperm count is usually caused by TRT or if it has a different cause. I know TRT lowers sperm count.
i would say its POSSIBLE to produce ~0 sperm (relatively speaking, I mean the range is millions-billions...). I think that it is dependent on how long you've been on TRT...

lots of guys that use AAS still produce sperm, they have some FHS output. Ask your doctor about running clomid HCG and HMG (higher doses for a 'shorter' amount of time) to kickstart your HPTA and thus sperm production. You may recover some natty test production, and you may not. it depends on you. but those fertility drugs REPLACE LH and FSH so while clomid helps your body start back up again. Im not sure if all three are used at once becuase of the issue of 'replacement/restarting' but that should be a good place to start.

skooch

Awards
lots of guys that use anabolic steroids still produce sperm, they have some FHS output. Ask your doctor about running clomid HCG and HMG (higher doses for a 'shorter' amount of time) to kickstart your HPTA and thus sperm production. You may recover some natty test production, and you may not. it depends on you. but those fertility drugs REPLACE LH and FSH so while clomid helps your body start back up again. Im not sure if all three are used at once becuase of the issue of 'replacement/restarting' but that should be a good place to start.
Very good advice. If you want to get up to a somewhat normal quantity of sperm you probably need to stop the TRT for a while. If you are comfortable doing the sperm extraction biopsy thing you can stay on the TRT.

As soon as we have our children I am looking into starting TRT. I need it and it will be a hell of a lot better than a vasectomy or something.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Very good advice. If you want to get up to a somewhat normal quantity of sperm you probably need to stop the TRT for a while. If you are comfortable doing the sperm extraction biopsy thing you can stay on the TRT.

As soon as we have our children I am looking into starting TRT. I need it and it will be a hell of a lot better than a vasectomy or something.
yea and for other guys who would possibly consider going on TRT sooner than wanting to have kids...do a fertility cycle if need be and then throw some sperm in a sperm bank...no worries

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
Well I already did the biopsy thing last Friday. Wow, lots of fun having your sack sliced open and some fluid taken out. The best were to the 2 shots. One of the shots that went into the leg/groin area was like a 22g 3" long. The one in the balls well that just sucked.

Anyways, did the biopsy and it showed I wasnt producing any sperm at all. I think he something along the lines that my anti bodies were not real good either.

We are going to find out who to send these tests to (an endo or a fertility dr) to see if its worth it or even possible for me to make good or any sperm again. I will change to whatever scripts the say, hcg, hmg, clomid but we arent going to pursue other methods of getting my wife pregnate other than the old fashion way.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well I already did the biopsy thing last Friday. Wow, lots of fun having your sack sliced open and some fluid taken out. The best were to the 2 shots. One of the shots that went into the leg/groin area was like a 22g 3" long. The one in the balls well that just sucked.

Anyways, did the biopsy and it showed I wasnt producing any sperm at all. I think he something along the lines that my anti bodies were not real good either.

We are going to find out who to send these tests to (an endo or a fertility dr) to see if its worth it or even possible for me to make good or any sperm again. I will change to whatever scripts the say, hcg, hmg, clomid but we arent going to pursue other methods of getting my wife pregnate other than the old fashion way.
I wish you and your wife the best of luck man. Hopefully no more needles in the balls

skooch

Awards
I wish you and your wife the best of luck man. Hopefully no more needles in the balls
Yeah, really. Right now I am very grateful for my 18 million sperm. I don't want a needle in my balls. Ouch!