rick055's progress report - AnabolicMinds.com

rick055's progress report

1. Advanced Member

rick055's progress report

Well, I took the plunge today and began 5 grams Androgel 1%. I am starting this thread to share my experiences and help anyone I can.

I started with the Androgel because my PCP's nursing staff was reluctant to let me do my own shots, although that's subject to change in the future.

I was quite pleased with the application of the gel which dried almost immediately. I applied the gel to my chest, shoulders and upper arms. My only concern here is DHT, which I will continue to monitor.

Unless anyone can offer me other advice, I am going to recheck labs against QOL in three weeks and titrate from there.

What does the CW say about the next step; AI or hCG? How long?

Does anyone think I should d/c my zocor to see if the test lowers my CHOL?

2. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    Well, I took the plunge today and began 5 grams Androgel 1%. I am starting this thread to share my experiences and help anyone I can.

I started with the Androgel because my PCP's nursing staff was reluctant to let me do my own shots, although that's subject to change in the future.

I was quite pleased with the application of the gel which dried almost immediately. I applied the gel to my chest, shoulders and upper arms. My only concern here is DHT, which I will continue to monitor.

Unless anyone can offer me other advice, I am going to recheck labs against QOL in three weeks and titrate from there.

What does the CW say about the next step; AI or hCG? How long?

Does anyone think I should d/c my zocor to see if the test lowers my CHOL?
    Androgel is easy to apply, dries quickly.
    Watch out, divide each pocket into 4-5 or more small portions.
    Take out all carpets from bathroom floor.
    Do not clean the floor for couple of weeks.
    Hopefully you have shiny tiles on the floor.
    Watch the floor, I was spilling a lot of gel on the floor, without realizing. It flows between fingers.
    It dries white on the floor.

If you are only on Androgel and do not use HCG,
    there is your problem:

Theoretically you could/should re-check your levels after two weeks.
    but
    your testis are not going to shut down quickly, so untill they are gone you are on unstable teritory, testing will not give you solid information.

In my case I also started on 5grams of Androgel, got few good months then it went down hill.

I ended on 10grams Androgel.

I do not think it is even worth testing.

My DHT went thru the roof, try Avodart 2 pills per week (if you feel that you are not within the 5% unlucky men).
    So, for now, until you get on shots and stop having such a high DHT, forget about correcting it.

Good side of Androgel, it should not change your E2, at least not much. So you may not need AI.
    ===============
    I would not stop anti-cholesterol.

I am using 600mg Red Yeast Rice.
  3. Advanced Member

Well, I have only been on Androgel for about a week now, but I already notice a profound difference in how I feel.

My sleep is better, my ability to work/focus, drive, libido are all increased, and I just feel well, well.

I was apprehensive at first, but I have to tell you, there is no doubt in my mind that this is the trick; even my depression is fading.

Did I mention I feel well?

My next step is to draw labs in another week or so and then, based on results and my "feelings" determine whether to go to 7.5 ml of the 1% (If I get a hair better, I won't need to).

I may also consider 1.5 ml of a compounded 5% gel/cream to reduce application volume. Does anyone have any thoughts as to the differences between a gel and a cream? Or the quality of a compunded formulation vs. brand Androgel?

If DHT is way outside of normal, I either have to consider shots or adding an AI (which is probably my next step anyways) and seeing if it reduces DHT. I could also consider pregnenolone.

I welcome any and all feedback.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Progress Report
    By BBR in forum Pics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 07:52 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 08:55 AM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 06:44 PM
  4. First Cycle Progress report