Literature or graphs showing the benefits of shots once a week instead of every 2-3?

CF10

CF10

Awards
I've been referred to a Uro for shots after Testim failed miserably to raise my T (it actually lowered it). But I'm fairly certain the protocol will NOT be once a week shots. You guys got any good stuff I can show them to convince them of once a week shots?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I've been referred to a Uro for shots after Testim failed miserably to raise my T (it actually lowered it). But I'm fairly certain the protocol will NOT be once a week shots. You guys got any good stuff I can show them to convince them of once a week shots?
Hopefully you will do E3D
Lots of variability on weekly injections.
Some are able to tolerate this variability.
Arguing starts because folks hate large needles and hitting veins.
I use 31ga 5/16" subq around navel, works well.
30% of times I get leak out, about 1/2 unit or less.
I tried 30ga 1/2"long needle, works just as good, no leaks.
Cannot find 31ga with 1/2" needle.

CF10

CF10

Awards
Hopefully you will do E3D
Lots of variability on weekly injections.
Some are able to tolerate this variability.
Arguing starts because folks hate large needles and hitting veins.
I use 31ga 5/16" subq around navel, works well.
30% of times I get leak out, about 1/2 unit or less.
I tried 30ga 1/2"long needle, works just as good, no leaks.
Cannot find 31ga with 1/2" needle.
Yeah if I am given the go-ahead to do the shots myself I will try E3D and compare it to weekly to see which one I like better. But there will be no convincing a doc to do E3D. Weekly might even be tough to get which is why I'm compiling literature as we speak.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah if I am given the go-ahead to do the shots myself I will try E3D and compare it to weekly to see which one I like better. But there will be no convincing a doc to do E3D. Weekly might even be tough to get which is why I'm compiling literature as we speak.
Show him attached chart, it shows t levels on once/2weeks injections.

Study the chart,
specially the variability

my approximate) reading of that chart

2weeks---((1250-400)/1250)*100= 68%
1week----((1250-800)/1250)*100= 36%
2/week---((1250-1175)/1250)*100= 6%

ask him if he in good conciousnes want to put you thru this rollercoaster.
----------------------------------------
Looking at Estradiol chart (lower right)
once/2weeks would force you to figure out variable dose for Arimidex.
That is use some dose first week or 10 days, change it to new dose latter.

It is hard enough to figure AI dosing on relatively stable E2 levels.

Attachments

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Good luck trying to convince any Dr. of anything. They think they are God and when you tell them that you found some info from the INTERNET they are going to say something like "you have to be careful what you read on the internet." I am getting so frustrated with Drs that I am about to self medicate! I don't understand why is it that when someone goes to the Dr. and they say they are depressed, then Dr.s have no problem dishing out an SSRI like candy. Or if it is found that you have high Cholesterol they will give you a RX no problem. Hell, if you have diabetes, then you are a goldmine for them and they have tons of medications for you.
When I showed my Dr. Dr. John's papers he said that "You shouldn't believe what you read on the internet, this isn't standard protocol and it could be dangerous." Can you believe that s***! I am getting a second opinion from another Dr. and if that fails then I am going to pay out of my own pocket to see Dr. John.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
JanSz I repped you for all the help you give people on here.

CF10

CF10

Awards
Good luck trying to convince any Dr. of anything. They think they are God and when you tell them that you found some info from the INTERNET they are going to say something like "you have to be careful what you read on the internet." I am getting so frustrated with Drs that I am about to self medicate! I don't understand why is it that when someone goes to the Dr. and they say they are depressed, then Dr.s have no problem dishing out an SSRI like candy. Or if it is found that you have high Cholesterol they will give you a RX no problem. Hell, if you have diabetes, then you are a goldmine for them and they have tons of medications for you.
When I showed my Dr. Dr. John's papers he said that "You shouldn't believe what you read on the internet, this isn't standard protocol and it could be dangerous." Can you believe that s***! I am getting a second opinion from another Dr. and if that fails then I am going to pay out of my own pocket to see Dr. John.
This sounds like it came straight out of my head and through my keyboard, lol. I definitely know what you mean. My doc thinks estradiol is not important to measure in men. I bring in tons of paperwork showing that E2 IS NECESSARY to measure in men especially men undergoing exogenous T therapy, and he shrugs it off. I listed a whole bunch of tests I wanted run, with reasons why plus paperwork to back it up. I got none of my tests run. I have one more hope and that is the endo I'm seeing soon, and maybe the upcoming Uro for the shots (dont ask me why I'm being referred to a Uro and Endo, I dont know). But if I dont start seeing some proper testing and treatment from those guys I have already made the decision with my family that I will have to see Dr. John. I think what is happening with my situation with the docs is borderline medical malpractice IMO. So far everything I have been diagnosed with has been found by me and my tests, not them and theirs. How sad is that.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
This sounds like it came straight out of my head and through my keyboard, lol. I definitely know what you mean. My doc thinks estradiol is not important to measure in men. I bring in tons of paperwork showing that E2 IS NECESSARY to measure in men especially men undergoing exogenous T therapy, and he shrugs it off. I listed a whole bunch of tests I wanted run, with reasons why plus paperwork to back it up. I got none of my tests run. I have one more hope and that is the endo I'm seeing soon, and maybe the upcoming Uro for the shots (dont ask me why I'm being referred to a Uro and Endo, I dont know). But if I dont start seeing some proper testing and treatment from those guys I have already made the decision with my family that I will have to see Dr. John. I think what is happening with my situation with the docs is borderline medical malpractice IMO. So far everything I have been diagnosed with has been found by me and my tests, not them and theirs. How sad is that.
AS noted before people with higher shbg have choices.
1. if shbg is higher then 35-40 and e2 is under 20 then increase e2 to match shbg or lower shbg to match e2
2. if shbg is low and e2 is higher then lower e2 via antiestrogen or dietary and natural supplementation is logical solution